HSBC

Clear
3.8Salary & Benefits

Found 36 reviews matching the searchSee all 14,597 reviews

good

People who like to have a work life balance and have a time to relax and enjoy the work they do Alstom provides them all those opportunities. veryvery

Fun place to work

Values work life balance. Excellent employee-employer relationship. Stressfree working environment. Best place to grow and enhance skills for career growth and advancement.

HSBC insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Supportive environment

Good

Good very good 👍 happy work life balance team meeting good learnings and other opportunities for fresher and no dress code be free only aged people occupied the company disadvantage

Productive and fun workplace

The job scope is very clearly defined and appropriate guidance was given for me to adequately complete the job. The work culture is quite relaxing and not very intense.

stressed work place with minimal pay

low salary and bonus, little perks and benefits, stressful and busy life, jurassic it system, sometimes relaxed environment, good office locations, popular company

Great place to work in terms of work-life balance and family culture.

Enjoy working with the staff in HSBC Bank. They were very helpful and supportive. The environment is a good model for any company to adopt in terms of learning, keep healthy and interaction.

Na

No transparency Management, news comes too sudden and you are not well informed in advance eg outsourcing of work to offshore. complicated process and keep changing.

Pros

Remote working

Cons

Long hours & unfriendly & unhelpful colleagues, not a good training ground

Great work life balance

Overall supportive culture, great place to work in. Management allows flexibility to work from home and gives time off for emergencies. Benefits are great as well.

Engaging Work Environment

The work ambiance is engaging with helpful colleagues. However, organisation is a large MNC hence, changes are slow and many work are still manual and communications between departments are fragmented. Staff are willing to go extra mile for customer service and problem solving, however, due to the fragemented culture amongst departments, the process becomes a tedious maze of back and forth communication.

Pros

Staff Health Benefits

Cons

Long hours, fragmented culture with organisation

productive workplace

Everyone is extremely focused when it come to HSBC, which in turn becomes its drawback. The work culture is great, but the employee often tabao and eat while wokring

Good place to work and grow

Good leadership and culture Great support from colleagues Good opportunity to learn an opportunity to move to other roles within the bank Good place to grow and learn

Pros

Good worklife balance

Cons

Occasional long hours

Good and fun place to work at

Great place to work at and able to meet many people and learn different culture. Good work opportunity and equality. Many events cater for different countries people and culture. However long working hours due to backward system. Great place with great boss to work with.

Pros

Good overseas opportunity

Cons

fast pace and routine environment

Routine work and sometimes will be having heavy volume. I learn to solve a problem by myself and only if couldn't find a solution then go to the boss.

Good

Good place to work as a contract staff. Conducive and enjoyable learning environment with caring colleagues and management team. Workload is reasonable with plenty of space for growth and development.

Low chance of advancement

Low chance of advancement as everything is structured in my departmentSame daily routine.Bureaucratic. Everything is under your line manager's decision.Everything is specialized so you only do one small part of the chain.If you wanna a decent job without thinking about advancement or brainstorming in your career, then working here is a safe choice.Anyway, it may not be correct review for the whole bank but for my department only.

Pros

Good salary

Cons

No advancement in your career

My team members are helpful, even when a mistake is made they will take their time to teach me or correct me. My avp has a very hands off approach he trusts us to make our own judgements. The departments are very inclusive they didnt treat me like a temp worker but one of their own. They constantly look out for opportunities for me.

Pros

Good culture

Cons

The singaporean work culture where you have to work longer to show your hard work.

Work too long hours

Due to restructuring, many staffs are working long hours to cover for the shortage of staff. The knowledge had been lost when the old staff are being retrenched.

Cons

Working hours are too long

Flexible and friendly environment

Enjoyable, flexible and friendly environment in working culture. Open workspace concept which does not restrict us into a cubical and we have wide interaction with colleagues within the company. Made work done easier and being openness.

No work life balance as people busy doing their own work. there is no interaction and communication among staff. This leads to only work and no play. there is no empathy.

Healthy environment

the working environment is very health and the employees there are generally very friendly. The work-life balance is great, limited learning opportunities.

A good place to work in an international leading bank

A good place to work with people from all around the world. And a place where you get a chance to explore other work opportunities in HSBC overseas. They have a good premier propositions platform!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HSBC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare HSBC with