Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from HSBC:

HSBC Employee Reviews

Good very good 👍 happy work life balance team meeting good learnings and other opportunities for fresher and no dress code be free only aged people occupied the company disadvantage
Collaborative culture and welcoming work environment. Strong risk management with long term vision. Common to see employees with over 10, 15 years of experience with the institution.
A place I truly enjoyed working as I met numerous people from different walks of life. I had to work in a relatively fast paced environment as well as be meticulous when dealing with cash. Built my interest in customer service line by interacting and showing empathy to people when needed. I was nominated as a service hero for portraying exemplary customer service in 2007.
Workplace culture was very positive. Sales & RM team were very bonded and work was always enjoyable. Head of department was very fun and humble, treated his team members equally and did not discriminate.
Pros
Fun and productive team, very little pressure
Cons
Not much potential for promotion
The work ambiance is engaging with helpful colleagues. However, organisation is a large MNC hence, changes are slow and many work are still manual and communications between departments are fragmented. Staff are willing to go extra mile for customer service and problem solving, however, due to the fragemented culture amongst departments, the process becomes a tedious maze of back and forth communication.
Pros
Staff Health Benefits
Cons
Long hours, fragmented culture with organisation
Everyone is extremely focused when it come to HSBC, which in turn becomes its drawback. The work culture is great, but the employee often tabao and eat while wokring
Good leadership and culture Great support from colleagues Good opportunity to learn an opportunity to move to other roles within the bank Good place to grow and learn
Pros
Good worklife balance
Cons
Occasional long hours
Great experience because of good boss and mentor. Colleagues are also fun and nice to get along with. Given a lot of autonomy to work independently. Recommended.
Pros
Nice colleagues
Cons
Nil
It is important to develop good working relationship with fellow colleagues from various departments in order to enhance the quality of work in the organisation. Taking initiative and being objective in making decisions at work is crucial.
HSBC is a good place to work. I had to quit the job due to the implementation of automation in Singapore region. We used to interact with Relation Manager and also with customers. I started my career in HSBC net where I used take care of documents of customer before they were on-boarded.
Pros
There were no scope for free launches
Cons
Depends on Business requirement
● Prepared clients’ information for the Systems Input Unit ● Drafted letters for customers ● Compiled the Fire Insurance documents was my vacation job
Great place to work at and able to meet many people and learn different culture. Good work opportunity and equality. Many events cater for different countries people and culture. However long working hours due to backward system. Great place with great boss to work with.
Pros
Good overseas opportunity
Cons
my boss was the same one from AIA. he entrusted the seniors to work by themselves. i was one of them. i couldn't cope with working alone after working with my teammates for 2 years. i really struggled.
HSBC implements training on a frequent basis for workers to learn new skills and update ourselves to match with latest regulatory updates. This increases the productivity of all.
My Job involves liaising with different people from different departments. So far, it has been a united environment, everybody tries to deliver their part so that we can as a whole complete our tasks.
It is a bank with a long history globally and in Singapore. Many of the processes are defined by there is a lack of training for new staff, so everything needs to be learnt by initiative.
Routine work and sometimes will be having heavy volume. I learn to solve a problem by myself and only if couldn't find a solution then go to the boss.
Good place to work as a contract staff. Conducive and enjoyable learning environment with caring colleagues and management team. Workload is reasonable with plenty of space for growth and development.
Low chance of advancement as everything is structured in my departmentSame daily routine.Bureaucratic. Everything is under your line manager's decision.Everything is specialized so you only do one small part of the chain.If you wanna a decent job without thinking about advancement or brainstorming in your career, then working here is a safe choice.Anyway, it may not be correct review for the whole bank but for my department only.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
No advancement in your career
Before I left the company, a system was introduced to track the productivity of operations. Which enable line managers to have a clear view of team and individual productivity and able to properly advice the team members on areas to improve.
The environment in HSBC allows staffs to grow in their roles and in career progressions. Managers encourages staffs in speaking up their views and feedbacks on improvements and possible enhancement to build a better work environment. Staffs are also encouraged to apply for roles within the country or overseas for career progressions.