Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from HSBC:

HSBC Employee Reviews

Good very good 👍 happy work life balance team meeting good learnings and other opportunities for fresher and no dress code be free only aged people occupied the company disadvantage
This is a good working place with its strong company culture for candidates to embark their career path in banking industry
Politicking culture, limited patience for training, shorthanded, so tend to throw every aspect of work at newcomers too. A lot of blaming behavior, gossip and doubts about colleagues being passed around.
I love the culture, the people around me during my short term stay with them. I enjoyed every moments that they had been training and the opportunities they had given as well as supportive to me to carry out the tasks and duties as a role of, Risk officer. I am sad to say that my duration of stay with them wasnt that long, it was a contract role and the contract had given me a 6 months duration of stay with them instead.
Pros
Job culture is interesting
Cons
My duration with them isnt that lengthy enough
Desk bound job, full of engagement with stakeholders. Corporate guarantees Fun and vibrant co workers stirking a balance between stake holders opportunity to learn and grow
Good culture with a wide diversity of colleagues with great attitudes and environment. However feeling slightly stagnated due to structure.
Best in Class employer, Open to ideas and enhance career growth Equal Opportunities, Job safety, Employee Caring, Apply the best standards
Come and join HSBC with an open mind as you explored the organisation by your own. Lots of initiatives and framework have been under going. Be ready for changes at all time.
Depending on who your line manager is, it can be either a bad or good experience for you. The work pressure can sometimes be overwhelming, which is not surprising for a bank. Being a foreign bank has a good and bad side: the good part is that most of the time the local process and decisions will be influenced by the global management. The bad side is - most of the time the local process and decisions will be influenced by the global management.
Pros
high salary base (compared to other industries), a lot of annual leaves
Cons
Too many bosses, org structure is flatter than other companies which hinders employees from progressing up
my job was just to update particulars of customers of the bank. i learned to do things fast at work because everyday the things i have to do were never ending. i have been friends with the ex colleagues till now.
Pros
start late
Cons
end late
Throughout my stint in HSBC, the culture has been great. HSBC also acknowledges and promotes deserving employees. The most enjoyable part working in HSBC would be the people I have worked with.
Pros
28 days of Leave
Cons
Long Hours
My role as an I.T engineer in HSBC was another experience that enabled enabled me to develop myself professionally in the area of leadership. I was a team leader and was able to manage my team meeting targets and deadlines. A typical day at work involved mainly managing my team and supervising them with level-wide computer system upgrades with complex programs suited to the banking environment. Most enjoyable part was the friendship and respect I gained from my team and also the knowledge I have expanded in the field of I.T.
Location is near to my home. Attentive and helpful superiors. Good team bonding sessions and free lunches or time off when we perform well. Colleagues are respectful and fun. Leaves are given correctly and taken timely. Company also encourage staff to do volunteer by organizing clean ups for the disabled
I was put in charge of the newly set up Financial Planning Department. I was involved in all aspects of the setting up and running of the department including logistics, procurement and assisted in the hiring process.
Typical day starts with running my daily sales reports to send to the business and management.During monthend, I will be doing monthly closing and generation of management reports. Towards the end of the year, I will be helping out in the annual planning. I learned to be flexible in this role, and understood more the value of communication. The hardest part of the job was when a team mate left and I have to step in, doing his tasks and mine at the same time with the same deadlines. This has taught me to better manage my time and be more efficient so that I can meet the deadlines. For the daily sales reports, the process initially requires usage of tools like ms excel and access and using programming language, macros, etc. I will from time to time encounter syntax errors . Hence I liaise with application's technical experts on a daily basis. Aside from that, I have also learned to fix some of the bugs myself or analyzing what went wrong before raising the issue. Since the reports are sent to a large number of recipients, a number of people often come back to me to ask for more details on the figures on the report. Hence with the help of my seniors and managers, I am able to explain and answer to the queries as appropriate. The most enjoyable part of the job were the management treats that employees get from time to time. Management shows appreciation for hard work by holding team events, movie shows, etc. Also my team mates are really fun to work with.
Pros
Monthly freebies
I had many years work experienced with HSBC, ever worked as branch support, Clearing dept, Giro dept and Customer Servie-Payment Helpdesk.applied my banking payment acknowledge, assist customers to resolved payment related issued.
Pros
Learned to be promble solving, independent.
Cons
Too many work been offshore migration.
My experience in HSBC was more of a learning curve that was pretty much unexpected. I had entered HSBC within an area that is my forte, however I had to unlearn and relearn certain aspects of computer knowledge which was quite challenging but I was glad to have overcome confidently. I have learned to people management and maintaining a healthy relationship with peers and colleagues. The most enjoyable part of the job was troubleshooting common problems as well as challenging problems that were often not easily solved by other technical team. My peers were equally enthusiastic and led by example in their manners and professionalism. The hardest part of my job probably came from customers weren't cooperative and demanding at times.
We have good management team to lead us, and we ready good work life balance over there. every month we are given free treats from the management team.
Cons
pay too low
As an I.T. engineer at HSBC, a typical days sets off with us preparing a list of computers/ stations to upgrade and troubleshoot. While this job seems very technical to me in the beginning, I began to realise that it's more customer service oriented. I came across users from all age group and it became harder to communicate with the less technology savvy aged group. Taking that challenge to my stride, I successfully earned a positive reputation among these group of people in particular due to my pleasant disposition in handling them and offering my assistance. My co workers were integral to my job scope as we have to communicate often and work closely. They were a great bunch of lads, and over a month, I became good at my job that I was elected to train the new colleagues. The most enjoyable aspect of my job was learning new things and finding a solution for problems in order to bring that satisfaction to our users.
Pros
Good remueration, supervisor and welfar
Cons
Overtime required, weekend work.
This is a structured and fast paced environment where you are expected to work independently
Pros
free giveaways on days
Cons
legacy systems
Good place which enable me to grow in my career path. There are good mentors and colleagues who are willing to part their knowledge to juniors.