Health Promotion Board

Health Promotion Board Employee Reviews

Able to contribute and have a positive impact on the general population's health and well-being as a whole and also given the opportunity to carry out on the ground operations.
Result matters, unless there is no result then process will be considered for effort put in. Liberty and power are enforced, so one has to plan and schedule to achieve the target. Help or advise can be sort if issues o problems are encountered.
Pros
Free to express
Cons
No limit
Overall satisfied with the flexibility and salary given. Work life balance and good communication between trainers and administrators. Good system with proper instructions given.
I enjoyed working on marketing campaigns and branding projects which allowed me to learned a lot. I get to meet different stakeholders for events and roadshows.
Projects are plenty hence it's a very busy company. You can get overwhelmed with the tasks. As an intern, they are plenty of things to learn about. Management includes you in meetings and considers your feedback or opinions. Workplace culture generally is good with everyone being nice, helpful and welcoming.
Pros
Freedom to express opinions and feedback as an intern
Cons
Tasks can get too overwhelmed.
Provide administrative assistant to the department for projects and programmes in the community.Project and time management is what I have learned from the job.Good work-life balance for staff.
Pros
Good learning experience and understanding colleagues
Cons
Nil
I learnt data entry and helped with day to day activities in the clinic. The co workers at that place were very friendly and helpful. They helped me learn and provided me with a fun and conducive environment.
Workplace culture is good. Very helpful team. Manager are very caring and influential. HPB send Dental Therapist to various courses to keep up with the new trends.
Working at Health Promotion Board helped to open up my mind to the world. It taught me so many valuable lessons in and out of the office. Besides working with colleagues within the board itself, I had the opportunity to work with outside organisations and understood that good communication and teamwork are crucial for programmes to run smoothly. The workplace culture puts our well-being first and ensures that we have a good work/life balance by holding a lot of activities for colleagues and their family members to bond.
You get to work with many people from different ages,backgrounds and race . You also deal with real life situations where you must think quick and be patient with customers especially older ones . You learn that with different people you have to change the way you work , make a compromise, in order to get things going . In all it is a great work place with alot to learn and new friends to make.
Pros
Free lunch and paid lunch hours
Cons
I was able to execute my duties well and in a professional manner Very supported by my peers and superiors. Worked independently with great support from colleagues.
Pros
Work independently
Cons
Picked up valuable skills in customer service Great colleagues who are helpful and generous in imparting their skills and advice at work and life. Family-like environment that cares and provides support for each staff. Greatest challenge stems from resolving patient's problems and requests in a satisfying manner.
Pros
Family-like environment
Cons
long hours, dealing with demanding patient requests
There are always classes and events that encouraged people to take up a healthy lifestyle. Best part of the day will be going to gym working out after a day's work.
Cons
Long Hours
Happy and enjoyed rewarding time working with the Company. Supervisors are caring towards the Staffs. Company promotes and supports healthy lifestyles.
Pros
Benefitsl like free uniforms and shoes
Cons
Rather constrained time schedules in certain jobs.
Very organised and methodical work environment with emphasis on imparting the right information to people and work towards improvement of nutrition knowledge and practices.
I learnt a lot in my first job. My task is to perform administrative duties by maintaining registry and documentation. All fields given by patients and doctors should be updated correctly in the system. The challenging part is to be able to read people's hand writing.
Pros
Good Teamwork
Cons
It was a great experience for me to work in one of the most well known companies in the health industry of Singapore. The people I work with are very friendly and helpful. Most of my task are desk bound but I have todo manual labour from time to time.
Pros
friendly co workers
Cons
Colleagues are very helpful with each other. Cooperation and understanding among colleagues are very important. Directors and supervisors always ensure that I am able to cope with workload at the end of the day.
My daily routine is to do health screening in primary and secondary/special schools. Starting the day at 8am, the first class will come and I will either be a Nurse Practitioner which means, advising the students on healthy lifestyle individually or Immunisation Screener. The most enjoyable is I get to work among great colleagues and also children.
Pros
office hours
Cons
no or little progression/advancement
integrated campaign lead to support national health-related policies
I enjoyed meeting people recruiting them into the research study.
Pros
Stress free
Cons
Cooperative colleagues