Health Promotion Board

Health Promotion Board Employee Reviews

Singapore35 reviews

Very good place to work . Friendly managers. Guided me well. Can be strict at times but for own betterment. Good way of teaching. Appreciate it. Very helpful

Bureaucratic and Top-down management style

Processes usually not optimized and double effort is imminent. Management not open for improving processes.Workplace politics are growing fast. Usually happened within your own team. If you just want to humbly get your work done, probably you are not able to survive for long.

Health Promotion Board insights

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Overall satisfaction

Conflicts always with fellow colleagues as mostly they don’t know the basic procedures as required.

No future and advancement. Many are just doing to kill time and no job’s satisfaction. No skills required and just wasting golden time. This hob is meant for retiree

Great co-workers

Strong team with great co-workers. Understanding bosses. Hybrid work with 2 days a week that is remote work. There are opportunities to work across teams.

Pros

Flexible working hours depending on the bosses

Cons

Depending on the work stream, there could be long hours

Covid 19 Swab ops

The pay is good but the work culture needs to improve . - The coordination- Audits One good thing is free food and there is free ppe and all provided and they send you for course for it

Fun, but with the right people

Having worked through the pandemic as a swab assistant, it's been tiring but at the end of the day, the purpose of the job was to contribute to the country in what small way i could. Helps to have supportive friends alongside you.

A stepping stone

The good thing is I managed to make friends with some good and positive mindset people.Learn new skills and interactive. Need to be careful of some ppl in management who plays favouritism and kept the employees who have attitude problems of gossiping, spreading bad rumours of teammates and the managers plays sides with those ppl.

Relaxed environment

Working at Health Promotion Board has been a pleasure for me where the environment is very relaxed just that it may become tiring at times. The in-charge are very nice and often gives breaks

Pros

Relaxed

Cons

Pay

Relaxed

Not much stuff to do during covid. Sometimes short of Manpower and have to do your task alone. Salary wise getting higher than market. Management should handle thier Manpower properly

Pros

Can leave work early

Cons

Nothing much

Effective and efficient. Fun place to work at.

It was a Swab Operation.The team started as strangers but along the way, we became like a family.Our Site Managers, who were great leaders, were attentive to our needs and wants.I was honored to be part of the team of fighting Covid for Singapore.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Had to be in PPE

Productive and fun workplace

Perhaps to screen the interviewees more as mostly the younger generation have no EQ or are impatient twds clients. Could have been more tactful handling clients and b more mature at work.

Pros

Free lunches

Excellent & Challenging

Was at F1 pit swab centre , it was an excellent experience working with good environment although its a hectic day. Good management and understanding.

Pros

Free Lunches

Cons

contract basis

Workplace location

Roving operation was fun and was well taken care of fellow colleagues in the ops. Permanent place was given far away from current staying location. That's where has difficulties. Given multiple request to change my location.. but too bad was not given and my contract ends.. overall missed working with HPB.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Reasonable hours

meaningful job but too much office politics at the Manager's level above

A workday starts off early at 7am and ends by 5pm plus, its a meaning job towards a national cause but too much insecurity coming into the mid-2021 due to downsizing of the Swab-ops thus indirectly resulting at politicking among managers and ADs level in Swab Ops. Swab Ops HR doesn't have a fix set of principles in hiring or managing HR matters

Pros

National cause and good meals provided

Cons

long hours and too much uncertainty by higher management and HR

Result oriented

Result matters, unless there is no result then process will be considered for effort put in. Liberty and power are enforced, so one has to plan and schedule to achieve the target. Help or advise can be sort if issues o problems are encountered.

Pros

Free to express

Cons

No limit

Engaging and meaningful

Able to contribute and have a positive impact on the general population's health and well-being as a whole and also given the opportunity to carry out on the ground operations.

Good

Overall satisfied with the flexibility and salary given. Work life balance and good communication between trainers and administrators. Good system with proper instructions given.

Intern's Experience

I enjoyed working on marketing campaigns and branding projects which allowed me to learned a lot. I get to meet different stakeholders for events and roadshows.

Constantly learning and productive

Projects are plenty hence it's a very busy company. You can get overwhelmed with the tasks. As an intern, they are plenty of things to learn about. Management includes you in meetings and considers your feedback or opinions. Workplace culture generally is good with everyone being nice, helpful and welcoming.

Pros

Freedom to express opinions and feedback as an intern

Cons

Tasks can get too overwhelmed.

Good Workplace with understanding colleagues

Provide administrative assistant to the department for projects and programmes in the community.Project and time management is what I have learned from the job.Good work-life balance for staff.

Pros

Good learning experience and understanding colleagues

Cons

Nil

Fun and loving co workers

I learnt data entry and helped with day to day activities in the clinic. The co workers at that place were very friendly and helpful. They helped me learn and provided me with a fun and conducive environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Health Promotion Board. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Health Promotion Board with