Health Sciences Authority

Health Sciences Authority Employee Reviews

Singapore10 reviews

Friendly and helpful

As an intern, I am warmly welcomed. My RO has been very proactive and helpful in getting me assimilated. I was given opportunities to express my ideas, led my thoughts and even conduct presentations.I think it is a wonderful place to have your internship

Pros

Friendly and helpful colleagues

Enjoyable and also disappointing

Dealing with blood donors is very fulfilling and enjoyable. The nurses and clerks are a joy to work with.Management is extremely unreasonable and uncaring. They simply keep giving more and more administrative tasks with little or no assistance or training.

Pros

Salary is good, benefits poor. Good teamwork at the ground level.

Cons

The amount of administrative work.

Work is good, some management weren't that good.

a great place to work in if the managements were good. Medical and dental welfare were good. fairly good increment yearly. Investigations have lots of outside running to follow up in cases

Slow progression and limited growth

For a laboratory officer, prepare to have limit exposure and skills to be learnt. Not all skills are transferable and therefore may limit your career and future work opportunities.

What I have learnt

I am thankful to be able to take up this job, which through it, I have learned skills that are valuable. I have learnt what it means to think critically when analysing the safety and quality of each product as a whole, to ask the right questions and to get to the bottom of the issue. I value this skill that I have learnt and gained, which is transferrable to any career I decide to pursue.

Regulatory Affairs

• Regulating medical device products placed on the Singapore market. • Range of assessment and monitoring activities to ensure medical devices available in Singapore are of an acceptable standard in accordance to the Health Products Act and Health Products (Medical Devices) Regulations.

Productive and fun workplace

Friendly and helpful co-workers who assisted me during my first few days at work as an intern. Everyone are approachable when I need a helping hand in my work. They guided me with passion and sincerity.

Vigilance Compliance Enforcement Section

The lack of manpower has forced good and hardworking staff to leave. Not a good place to work in altogether. The management displays a iron hand approach. No further comments.

Pros

No free lunches

Cons

No work life balance as portrayed.

Productive and fun workplace

- Great place to start a career and build experiences but not get promoted - Plenty of learning opportunities (you can go to as many courses as you want) - Work culture is okay as long as you do it right - Management is hard to please

Pros

Good staff benefits

Cons

Salary, no career advancement

Enjoy working with foreigners.

- Attend to public enquiry. - Schedule roster and arrange replacement for absentees working indoors and scheduled for mobiles. - ITQ and tender. - disciplinary issues - reply to donors feeback - write to donors regarding Medical Benefit entitlement (those who have lapsed duration in blood donation.)

Pros

Free coursers

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Health Sciences Authority. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Health Sciences Authority
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?