Healthcare Australia

Healthcare Australia Employee Reviews

Perfect job for me

I love working with HCA disabilty service, client's are truly in control, and support workers have a chance to work in an environment they are really happy and work with client's that match truly the workers capabilities. Pay is great. Roster coordinator and consultant are so nice and friendly. I work as a casual ( my personal choice). I wished I had done this long time ago. True sometimes you have few days, might not working but it's not HCA fault, as hours is base on - if client's are still needing support. This is a good job for workers that only need casual job and wanting to have more freedom and flexibility about work hours.

Pros

Flexible hours, clients

They're never really organised, they don't understand what it's like being in Brisbane and the traffic etc, never enough time to get to shifts

If you want to feel like you're on a constant roller-coaster then this company is for you. You never know if you are coming or going and the shifts can be allocated to you at ridiculous hours the night before. They will want you to travel nearly an hour for a 1 hour shift. If you want stability then go else where, they don't live in qld so you are rostered to go to places that you don't have enough time to get to, i have been sent to jobs that are 14 minutes away and start in 15 minutes, you so much as get a red light and it puts you behind. I don't like that.

Pros

Never give you meal time

Cons

Ridiculous requests

hospital Flinders Medical Centre

Looking after patients by making sure they have their meals and medications The patients are encouraged to shower and get dressed for the day Doing their observations and reporting any changes to the doctors

Pros

Can work with great nurses

Cons

Patients can be demanding or due to illness can be difficult

Supported Independent living SIL’s Sunshine Coast

Very poor management in house and treat staff as a number no loyalty and take on clients & staff for the money and don’t even care about suitability. Run like an agency so no consistency with staff and shifts for clients and not enough work when they do a recruitment drive as they give all the shifts to the newer staff. If you don’t make yourself available 24/7 your shifts go down to 1 a week. 4 clients have left due to poor customer service. There are far better SIL’s providers around

Pros

Nice clients

Cons

Bombardment of shifts when you start then get cut down but still expected to be available 24/7

Productive and fun workplace

Competitive hourly rates and collaborative management style. Easy access to applications. Accessible call hotline for further questions and enquiries.

Good pay rate

This company doesn’t care much about your shifts and can cancel it because of the pandemic or any other reasons. No doubt they pay really well but they are really bad when allocating shifts and cancellations.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

No shifts

Variety of experience is both challenging and rewarding

Amazing team to work with. Very professional, with an attention to detail - right nurse for right job. Can choose where and when to work. I found it worked well with my lifestyle.

Pros

Choosing when and where to work

Promised lots of hours and don't get them.

Shifts in my area have dried up and the travel to other cities could be damaging to our health.. Regardless of travel incentives. Being offered quarantine payments is not enough.

Pros

Good travel incentives

Cons

no shifts

Fun 🤩 productive

I was very much pleased to work with hca and I want to thank hca for providing me opportunities to be part of it 😊overall I enjoyed the most of it but some time I find some of the crew who received our phone call while contacting them in Perth are very rude with workers and some time just made our day so bad I have experience it few times .

Pros

Double shift

Cons

Good agency, great app but no job security - that's casual work though.

I've found HCA very good to work for although there are lean times for sure at certain times of year. The booking staff are all friendly and there are some ex-nurses who are very good at matching the right shifts to staff.There are some problematic client hospitals that book lots of shifts and then cancel them and the agency is often good at finding alternative work, though with 2 hours notice it's not easy.The uniforms are an issue as I can be working 4 shifts in a week and have only one uniform. Never been given another despite asking.Overall I've found them better than other agencies.

Pros

Great work life balance, good app, next day pay, nice bookers, 24hr phone cover

Cons

No security or holiday/sickness pay

Disjointed.

The company has become too big, too quickly. As a result they are unable to provide health professionals with a cohesive experience. It feels as if they want contracts filled at any cost without support and concern for the employee. Punitive type communication style. Bonus schemes are difficult to follow and initiate. This company needs to look back at its roots.

Pros

Was well regarded

Cons

Purple uniforms. Stand out like a sore thumb on the ward.

Consistent and professional work

This was my first time signing up to a Nursing Agency after being permenant for 4 years and I wouldn't go back. Having the opportunity to work where and when I want has given me the time to enjoy the coast. I have been dealing with a lovely Recruitment Consultant, 'Brooke' who has been very informative, professional and timely with her management. I have thoroughly enjoyed the experience and the career opportunities it has opened me up to is very advantageous. Overall would rate Healthcare Australia very highly.

Pros

Work - life balance

Cons

No Job security being casual

Terrible company

Toxic management ,no training at all ,very high turnover of staff ,no support not a good working environment at all ,hopeless General Manager and business manager in NSW she only works 4 days a week no leadership ,

Run away, don't walk

This company were horrible to work with. Area manager low in value, total bogan, but big on being a smart Alec. Classes held in random locations, eg: golf courses, church halls, gymsNo training equipment provided. Trainers are expected to supply everything including towels, sheets, pillows etc. Trainers are sent all over the place to train all different groups - don't get the same class for the whole of the course. Unpaid monthly meetings - out of hours.Not paid for marking. Really poor IT induction. Constant emails (which I kept getting months after I'd left)Management extremely rude and dismissively unavailable to trainers.Mandatory horrid uniform.Super taken out of your pay, no company contribution.I left after 6 weeks.

Pros

You're free to leave

Cons

Low pay. No colleagues. Unrealistic travel expectations. Inadequate training settings.

HCA had entrusted its staff to work with good work ethics,

HCA staff especially in roostering and other areas of work, have been fairly well. Though I haven't seen them face to face. It was all online and calls.

Pros

No special allowances for casuals no breaks within shifts.

Cons

There is no breaks, I don't like short shifts I don't know who will be my referees, No travel allowances when driving in a long 1 hours distance to attend a short notice shift.

Don’t work in the Brisbane office. You will regret it

I worked in operations in Brisbane. No training. You would ask anyone you could how to do something they would give you lazy “I can’t be bothered” answers then get mad when it wasn’t done correctly. Great pay but the staff walk on egg shells, the managers are toxic. I saw a few staff in tears regularly it’s that bad. Nurses are fantastic and nice to deal with. It’s the office that’s a nightmare. Very high turnover. The place needs to be on a current affair it’s that dodgy. Not enough staff on to do the job due to them not wanting to pay for staff. One girl complained about the bullying and got fired on the spot. All about profit. Very greedy and exploiting healthcare to get $$

Flexible roster to balance family life

I can choose what times suit me and still get to spend time at home with my newborn baby. I can also go on holidays with my family on school breaks and come back and my job is there waiting.

Pros

Good salary, weekly pay.

Cons

No physical interaction with management

Work when you want but don’t say no to a shift or you’ll get very few

Agency great to work when you want but they don’t like it if you refuse a shift for personal reasons. The district/area? manager rang me once to see if another agency nurse had been admitted to my perm ICU job after self harming! She stated sheard’ by another agency peer. After I refused to confirm or deny it, my shift offers basically stopped so I quit. I told the patient of the call and AHPRA said they could do nothing! Not right!

Pros

Work when you want

Cons

Favourites offered shifts always. Illegal practice.

Employease - Health care Australia

The worst company I ever worked! Team of rude people is extended from Hr to coordinators. Managers are the most ignorant people I have ever met .They told me my health experience teaching and practicing worldwide was irrelevant, they choose administrators to coordinate health education! This company just cares for profit. Ĺ They have no respect for students DIVERSITIES and trainers even less. They have no campus, the facilities that c l Assad take place a horrible rented . The compensated to pay a cheap casual rate, not paying for meeting and all . rooms all over the city

Pros

They give you a horrible uniform

Cons

Assessments, marking, meetings are not payed

HCA lost contract with disability SA but they never inform me I was left without shifts for 5wks till when I rang to ask why I do not get shifts. Sad

Not happy because I used to do 40-50 hours a week to 0 hours not with no information on what to do or go about. I was casual but used to work very hard so I have contributed to the company a lot for the passed 5yrs.

Pros

N/a

Cons

N/a

Put smiles always when you the client

Helping client with their daily living ,taking them for appointment , helping them to be independent , respecting their culture, ,their belief and never disclose any information anyone outside.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Healthcare Australia. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Healthcare Australia