Healthcare Australia

Healthcare Australia Employee Reviews

Big company, decent pays

In a regional area, had no manager in town, and ongoing stream of managers going through role, which was detrimental to continuity of care and job security and morale.

Great app to book in shifts

Very easy to use app to book shifts and submit electronic timesheets. Very good pay for casual rates. Not alot of room to progress within the company.

Intensive mental health

Supportive management Clients require experienced workers Competitive salary After hours supportUnfortunately I found speaking with roster department wad difficult.

Pros

Competitive salary

Cons

Roster department unsupportive

Problem never solved out

Very stressful, lack of shifts, and when they get new employees, the people who have been working there for longer get their shifts cut. And communication on where to go and what to is always last minute.

Pros

Not good at all no communication

Cons

No shift and no contact after working for over 4 years with healthcare Australia, suddenly no one contact me or giving shift very disappointed 😕

Awful unorganised

Only stayed briefly they were extremely unorganised they didn’t roster appropriately and had no idea what was what.Hours were awful supervisors were awful staff were awful

Greatest workplace, efficient, fun work opportunities & work placements , understands work life balance ,

Love being part of this company, great training opportunities, to upskill, to keep qualifications valid and up to date. With their, digital app, it makes working with them more efficient. Australia wide company, in most states of Australia and very professional. Love telling people I work there , as I am a proud healthcare worker working for them and knowing they have my back too.

the most enjoyable part of the job

the most enjoyable part of the job, you can choose what day , when and where about you like to work, always can contact with office staff to get their hands to support with

Good workplace for new grads

-Great supervisors-Good mentorship program for new grads -Need good time management and discipline -Autonomy-CPD opportunities availableCon: -politics

Poor communication

I felt undervalued working for Healthcare Australia. I sent two complaints via email voicing my frustrations at how things were handled and never received a reply. When a shift is cancelled (which happened numerous times), they do not call you. They expect you to look at your app. I find this dehumanising, as it's like they don't care that you've wasted a day's work.

Very flexible hours and easy to manage the app.

This place is very friendly and welcoming, the staff are generally polite and understanding. It is difficult to get used to the routine of going to different sites however once you have been there before they generally send you to the same site. Overall an amazing place to work could not recommend it more.

Good workplace . Good time . Good work condition . But less shifts . Some times no shift in a whole week . Sometimes many shifts . Good work culte and supportive team

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Less shift

Negative experience

Snr management owned UK are ruthless and deceitful. Snr management came out from UK and refused to honour agreements arranged with Australian managers and laid off multiple staff unexpectedly.

Cons

Uk owned company that doesn’t support the Australian sector or staff.

Best of the best

Training provided in e-learning is great.Facilities that your are sent out to through agency is good, HCA want the feedback from their staff and want them to be happy.Family vibe culture.

Very supportive and flexible Great training opportunities Terrific on call staff relations Work the hours you want Keep you updated with PDEasy website to use

Fun, lots of different clients

Enjoyed my time working for Healthcare Australia in Disability Support. Management supportive and good wage. Would recommend to anyone starting out in Disability

Pros

Flexibility Wage

Cons

Can take on too many shifts

Would not recommend

Healthcare Australia nursing agency have cancelled 5 shifts in one week for myself. I would not recommend them to anybody. They cancelled 2 of my shifts 1 hour before the shift was due to start.

Cons

Very little work Poor customer service

The rural and remote team were very helpful in securing me the right placements and checking in with me during my work placements

You can work as much or as little as you like with complete flexibility to where and when you want to work. You can work in every state or territory of Australia in the metro areas or with rural and remote with only a few adjustments for each state such as mandatory courses and vaccinations and separate WWCC. They have opportunities for permanent jobs as well.

Pros

Good pay rates

Cons

Short shifts with metro work, normal length shifts with rural and remote

Great company to work for!

Great work place with great opportunities for development. The staff are all amazing and supportive and office is in a great location which is easily accessible!

They're never really organised, they don't understand what it's like being in Brisbane and the traffic etc, never enough time to get to shifts

If you want to feel like you're on a constant roller-coaster then this company is for you. You never know if you are coming or going and the shifts can be allocated to you at ridiculous hours the night before. They will want you to travel nearly an hour for a 1 hour shift. If you want stability then go else where, they don't live in qld so you are rostered to go to places that you don't have enough time to get to, i have been sent to jobs that are 14 minutes away and start in 15 minutes, you so much as get a red light and it puts you behind. I don't like that.

Pros

Never give you meal time

Cons

Ridiculous requests

hospital Flinders Medical Centre

Looking after patients by making sure they have their meals and medications The patients are encouraged to shower and get dressed for the day Doing their observations and reporting any changes to the doctors

Pros

Can work with great nurses

Cons

Patients can be demanding or due to illness can be difficult

Supported Independent living SIL’s Sunshine Coast

Very poor management in house and treat staff as a number no loyalty and take on clients & staff for the money and don’t even care about suitability. Run like an agency so no consistency with staff and shifts for clients and not enough work when they do a recruitment drive as they give all the shifts to the newer staff. If you don’t make yourself available 24/7 your shifts go down to 1 a week. 4 clients have left due to poor customer service. There are far better SIL’s providers around

Pros

Nice clients

Cons

Bombardment of shifts when you start then get cut down but still expected to be available 24/7

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Healthcare Australia. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Healthcare Australia with