Hermes

Hermes Employee Reviews

Warehouse operative

Friendly environment Good payOvertimeSometimes group leaders can be rude but most of the time they’re nice and helpfulThey listen to you if there is any issue

Hard work but paid accordingly

Worked as a parcel shop delivery and collection driver. Was a lot more parcels than anticipated often too many to fit on the size of van I had been allocated which made life difficult. Other than that work was fine but long hours

Just terrible

First day there and the management was just unreal. Literally no body knew what they were doing. The managers don’t even teach you the basics of working there. All they tell you is to find something to do…

Pros

No pros

Cons

Long hours, 1 30 min break for the whole day, terrible management and no radio

Worst company to work for

Worked as a manager for 11 years, treat you like dirt expect to much from you. If you have a family do not work here they expect you to work 24/7. You are given a company phone which will be constant all day and night.

Pros

No pros

Cons

Long hours, management treat you wrong

Worst job ever

Worked there last year when I was 17 worst job ever makes me believe slavery still exists until I was 18 worked there 2 months never again no one gives a sh17 about you when you work here !

Stressful

Good for extra income but wouldn't solely rely on it. Great for those who needs to work around school runs too. However, pay is quite poor and very disorganised. They treat you decent until you want days off.

Pros

Flexible times

Cons

Poor pay

Brilliant

Honestly couldn't fault it. I loved it there. Was my favourite job by a long way. The staff are amazing, the pay is, everything was great. Wish I'd not left but I had a baby and couldn't stay!

It's ok to work for

You have to enjoy this line of work to stay with this company.They do make things difficult for you on their system.But being outdoors, working for yourself and seeing customers are big pros.

Not worth your time

You are self employed, not employed by Hermes/Evri. Avoid this company at all costs. The management and tech support is dire. You have to use your own phone, car etc which means you end up spending a large majority of the earnings on them and getting very little in return unless you are willing to work very long days which will also add more wear to your property.

Lots of heavy lifting

Routes were cut meaning we always had to pick up extra shops. Too many parcels to say this was in any way an easy job. But if you want to work until 9pm every day and get paid a couple hours of overtime it's for you. Took home about £1800pcm.

Nettes Arbeitsumfeld

Gutes Arbeitsklima am Standort in Staudt. Nette Chefetage.

Poor management

Doesn’t care about their staff. Would get rid of you at a drop of a hat. No compassion. Poorly paid. No fuel allowance. No pay rise. After the pandemic they made all couriers take a pay cut!!!

Absolutely no respect

The management do not care other than making sure they hit targets. Trainers onsite are full of their own worth. Health and safety is a paper exercise, toilets onsite are the worst ever seen at an employment premises. This site is a ticking time bomb for a major employee injury.

Fast paced, unrealistic expectations

Too many parcels and they are in random order, takes an hour or more to sort and be able to plan route. Route system they provide is often not efficient.

Pros

Work on your own

Cons

Long hours, poor management, poor systems in place, no benefits

Decent enough company

Fairly relaxed company provided you do the role properly. Warehouse can be chaotic which will have an impact on the courier time. Management were supportive and the warehouse associates were usually helpful. 100% needs a dedicated area that is sheltered from the weather and not loading from a dirty truck car park! Overall not a bad company to work with especially if you need flexibility in start times.

Pros

Relaxed

Cons

Loading in all weather from a dirty truck car park

Company deserves their bad reputation

No training, no support, nobody responds to you in an emergency. Very poor. They keep changing the goal posts, changing my round, deciding parcels are no longer delivered to my home.

It’s ok

Management need to be retrained & have to treat equally no matter what backgrounds you belong to!

Pay is low

Terrible pay structure. I would never work for these again. With fuel prices going up the parcel rate as gone down. Management always lie about extra payments.

Pay is low

Simple and easy

each day was simple.. pack your car with parcels and take them to the customers house. Not much stress involved unless you don't know a route and accidentally put something at the bottom of your car. All in all a great job for drivers.

Pros

Fast and to your own timeline

Cons

working in all weather

Great part time for extra income

As in the title, this was a great place to work with your workload being managed by yourself, giving you a lot of flexibility, great way to earn some money in school hours or just as an extra to your full time job, definitely not enough work to make this a full time gig though

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hermes. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Hermes with