Hines Real Estate

Hines Real Estate Employee Reviews

Great Place

Great place to work, everyone is great, great location, great co-workers, great boss, great office supplies, great visitors, great building, overall great.

Good pay, strange way of doing things

I worked at Hines years ago so maybe the culture has changed. That said, I was expected to sit at a desk and wait for work to come my way. I spent hours doing nothing but trying to make up work or trying to learn more about my job but there were no resources for that, no one was available or interested in helping. I was an admin assistant who effectively made copies all day and collated/assembled paperwork. Hire a teenager for that or send the work to Office Depot. The managers were jerks.

Pros

Salary was good

Cons

Terrible atmosphere, people not nice

Great company!

Great company! Great leadership. A bit more transparency would be wonderful. Client was awesome. It was alot of work but great balance of client/vendor relationships.

Great people

Smart and productive people to work with. Manager and Supervisor are supportive and always available to provide assistance when needed. I appreciate my time there.

Great Place for Learning the Real Estate Market

Managers are there and will help you succeed. Clients may be difficult, but demanding clients are par for course when it comes to the NYC real estate market.There can be a sense of silo'd business lines at times, but in general all teams on a portfolio work to help each other succeed.

Work in a data center for them. Nothing special.

Very hands off. Most work is done by contractors. I don’t think they feel comfortable with the work force the have to get deep into work. Upper management seems to look the other way on issues that can be resolved.

I’ve never had a job where I’ve felt so empowered and supported in my success. Hines fosters a culture of lateral service that truly shines in the relationships you build with team members locally and across the country. Pretty low cap for merit based raise, but the benefits are excellent, a healthy work/life balance is not only possible but encouraged, and the support the company provides for their employees advancement compensates for the lack of annual raise potential.

Pros

Benefits, management, work/life balance

Cons

Merit based raises

Good Company depending on what position you work

Hines is a great employer however depending on the location. Each property has different management styles which has a huge impact whether you have a positive or negative experience. Some are treated better than others.

Pros

Great reputation

Cons

Flexible Work Schedule

Great company, but your direct manager can make a big positive or negative impact

Hines is a great company to work for. They are known for being the best in the business. Pay and benefits are good and there are many resources for training and advancement. The company culture can be a little disjointed since what building you work at has a big impact, but in general it is to do your job well and treat employees and tenants well. There are many good managers, but as always there are some that aren't as good and can make a good company unenjoyable to work for.

Pros

Benefits, Company Culture

Cons

It's a large company where some poor managers can slip through the cracks

Development

My only advice would be to more closely examine where assistance is needed at specific properties/sites. Environment, Culture, & typical work life is optimal.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Hines Real Estate?

Hines is one of those special companies that shows it quality not only to their clients but their employees. Hines demands the best so you will need to bring your "A" game every time you clock in. Absolutely love this company.

Pros

Excellance

Cons

Pay / Compensation

Great Place To Work

Hines is a great place to work. My only complaint would be that, on some of the FM accounts, there is a lack of advancement opportunity. This depends on what you do, and how specialized it is. For those in the General FM scope, you'll be fine!

Productive and good people

This is one of the most greatest companies I've ever work with.Of course you can agree or disagree on how the higher up management work. But hey at the end of the day your job is to do what it's on your job description. Overall my department engineering. Was managed by in my opinion one of the greatest guy I ever met. With more than 10 years and counting working with Hines.

Pros

Fun environment and good people

Cons

No bad things

Move focused towards the investors

Not a very Union friendly company. First at the barganing table to reject all union benefits and wages. Different set of rules and regulations f9r union members and actuall Hines employees.

Pros

Free lunches once in a while

Cons

Differnt set of rules for union and non union memebre

Relaxed Environment

I love that at Hines, you can go to co-workers from different portfolios for assistance or advice. My property manager and regional manager are very attentive. A few of my coworkers have moved to different properties and still keep in contact regarding new positions. This is really a team driven company!

Pros

teamwork, lunch breaks, vacation/holiday leave

Great Company, but depends on Dept and Manager/ Supervisor

I enjoyed working for the company for 10+ years, but my issue was with "upper level". When you do your job well, proficiently, meet and exceed deadlines "they" feel as though you need MORE WORK. For workers who do not meet/ exceed deadlines and "drag" they feel as though that is all they can handle so they do not give them more responsibilities/ work. They "reward" the good workers with MORE work and the "slackers" keep doing what they are doing. I once had a 2 "upper level" people tell me that "this is all that she (co-worker) can handle and if you help her with the "rest" with that then it will make "us" look really good in "VP of Finance" eyes. Which meant, I do a majority of the work and help "co-worker" succeed in her limited tasks and it makes THEM look good and get a bonus.... which I did not. Again, depending on the supervisor/ manager they overwork the people who can and allow the people who can't just "coast"

Emplyees are valued, considered an asset to the growth and sustainability of the company.

Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Hines Real Estate is realistic.Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Hines Real Estate are average.Job security and advancementIn terms of job security at Hines Real Estate, I think facilities management is a contractual duration with owners and should be recognized at the onset of employmentManagementIn general, managers at Hines Real Estate are top notch. Educated and involved.OverallMy experience working at Hines Real Estate was very enjoyable.

A Demanding Workplace That Is Extremely Rewarding

Hines values their employees and invests in their growth. The end-user customer is extremely demanding, so Hines supports their employees any way they can, and rewards productivity. I was always bossy, and have no complaints.

Pros

great compensation/benefits

Cons

depending workplace

Commitment and people who care

I loved working for Hines my manager was amazing and wanted to see me grow in this field, benefits were great and loved the atmosphere. There are a lot great benefits and perks working for this company!

Pros

Great people, culture, flexibility and benefits

Cons

Covid-19

It was a great place to work...

This was probably the best group I have ever worked for... Excellent working enviroment, great pay... extraordinary team. This is a group group that believes in integra

Pros

Great working enviroment, great pay, excellent team...

Cons

Pressure to do well at a very fast pace...

Great people, not enough feedback on performance. High stress and high turnover rate. Strong culture of family and client-centered service.

Lack of clear expectations and oversight. Constantly changing rules and methods of procedure. Many grey areas left up to personal "judgments" resulting in difference of standards and confusion. Co-workers are supportive. There is a good culture of team work and co-operation. Good relationships with others and with vendors. Strong company culture and sense of family among co-workers within the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hines Real Estate. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Hines Real Estate