Holiday Inn

Holiday Inn Employee Reviews

Singapore25 reviews
Company was nice, management wasn’t that great but they always provided when something was needed. The hotel was under construction for half of the time i was there but they kept it clean.
Excellent . I grow here. I learned here. I am being guided..

Just be focus and know your strength and weaknesses. Work as a team.

I am surrounded with good and supportive colleagues
Experience with a variety of cleaning products and tools. Good interpersonal and communication skills, Self motivated. Can work under pressure, willing to learn all level.
Mini bar and restaurant waiter
Promoted six months later to assistant captain

Promoted three months later to Captain

Enjoyable and happy place to work in
I only worked there for a while as part time job. Colleagues are generally friendly. Plates could be too heavy for some to handle and serve the guest.
Working as a telephone operator was very new to me. This was my first real job and I was surprised to see that my co-workers was very helpful and friendly. Adapted well with them. Enjoyed working there as although I was working in the back room, I do sometimes had to come to the front desk to help and that is where I get to meet people from all over the world. Didn't want to leave but I wanted to expand my knowledge.
Pros
Free meals and laundry for uniforms
It has been a great experience sharing different workloads as a team and working cooperatively. Enough break time to relax yourself and fun working experience with group of people.
Pros
free lunch and dinner
Cons
long walking hours
Management are the best in here. Mainly thank you to our room service boss. the hardest part of our job is when we didn't hit our daily target per day .i come to work on time never been late.
i was able to learn and gain both experience and knowledge in the hospitality industry. Through out my journey, i have learned how to clean guest room and attend to guest needs. i was also able to meet different kind of people with different types of working styles and attitude.
Pros
new friends, gain knowledge, free lunch
Cons
too much pressure
Very fun and exciting position. Learned food preparation methods and how to serve them. The management team is very supportive and friendly. Very busy and fast moving atmosphere. I like the part where i meet different guests and how to handle them.
Pros
free staff meals
Cons
tiring job
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Holiday Inn?
its great place to work as international chain the hotel provide you wonderful training and will be partner of your career, it was great experience to me,
Its a good place to work. I enjoyed it very much. No problems at all. It would be a place where I would like to work internationally. It was a great experience.
Multi cultural, Energetic workplace for anyone to learn effectively and efficiently under a supportive management. Yes, there are problems that are common in any other such workplace. but after all its a better place to work.
Pros
Free foods
Cons
Long hours of work
Enjoyable and satisfying job. Learned different types of culture as you meet people from different kind of ethnic and race.
Hotel Management students from overseas also were sent here for attachment and you taught and learn from them too.

When hotel is full house and you have to find a room or hotel to accommodate these guest, some guest is understanding and some not of the situation.

Job done and appreciated by the management and guest.
Pros
free meals, laundry and uniforms
Cons
shift duties especially night duties
During my work with my team, I appreciate that I have a good team and well management. We help each other all the time and management willing to hear all your suggestions. So, overall is good.
Great working environment. Staff are long-term serving staff. A place filled mostly with friendship despite the heavy workload. Hardly any bureaucracy and politicking happening amongst staff. Even though it is a family owned chain of hotels, the owners are humble and respectable.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Could be work demanding
Not always late , do the job properly like rooms that they assigned to you, the corridors,tidy up pantry. I like their canteen its organize, food nice, always busy.only i don't like the thing always not enough linens.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Long hour
Company as good vision and trife to achieve the goals sets. Staff, are helpful and have team spirit. The only thing that is a challenge is the support from the staffs.
1 Every month HR staff check with staff whether employee are happy or not with hotel amenities.
2 Hotel staff enjoy all the famous festivals with some funny activities.

3 They normally organise some kind of training not only the new but also the old staff so that staff can provide decent service to guest.
Pros
2 meal
Cons
9 - 12 hours
good place to work a bit out of the way the other employees were great to work with the job is unstable and lay offs are guaranteed the owners really have no idea how great there workers are
Pros
great work
Cons
unstable work
* Greet patrons, present menus, make suggestions and reply questions
* Assistance guests in menu selection and provide accurate and detailed information

* Taking orders and communicate to kitchen and bar staff

* Preparing and serving specialty food at tables

* Responsible for all room service order procedures i.e. receiving order, preparing room service tray, delivering to room