Hyster-Yale Group (HYG)

Hyster-Yale Group (HYG) Employee Reviews

Great pay and benefits for the area

Pay and benefits are good for the area. Insurance and on site clinics/doctors. Has positions with 4 or 5 day week, hybrid, or remote. Executive/senior level leadership is too political and lacks understanding of how to be successful in operations and supply chain. Lack of accountability and talent is weak in many areas. Select few carry the load.

Good atmosphere

It was a great place to work. They do provide overtime pay which was nice. Management is helpful and most people there are willing to help out with anything and everything.

Boring, repetitive work

Welder's please avoid this place. The place is toxic. Your valuable welding/engineering experience means nothing once you cross the door.your patronised and told your a factory operative. Your also paid the same as someone who puts stickers on the trucks in a clean non toxic environment.( Welders are breathing in toxic fumes all day long)AVOID

Pros

Vending machine

Cons

Vending machines don't work

Reparto montante e tranquillo

Stipendio buono ,inclusa la mensa. Lavoro con 2 turni e ottimo ma non sempre,si lavora anchee giornata. Parccheggio interno, riscaldamento. Fabbrica di carrelli elevatori elettrici.

What is the best part of working at the company?People and benefits What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Not being able to work from homeWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Very relaxed and friendly What is a typical day like for you at the company?Answering emails and paying vendors

Stressful and over worked

This has to be the worst job I have ever had. Cutthroat management and buddy system is the only thing that is going on in this company. Supervisors want you to break your back to make theirselves look good, and hard work is never appreciated. Run junk equipment, just like what they call a crane, more like a old junky 1950’s hoist. Beware if you go to 2nd shift, some of the worst people I have ever worked for. I would give this company negative stars if I could because it is certainly not worthy of them. Overall I would avoid this company at all costs.

Pros

Cons

Cutthroat Management, Working environment and everything else

Awesome Company and I loved my Job. You will to.

My time at Hyster/Yale was Great! Awesome Company.. Was Sad to leave. It's a Great place to work and Grow.i would encourage anyone to work for this company. You will learn something.

Good pay and work life balance.Early finish on a Friday.Good canteen facilities and good holidays. Strong management with good opportunities for progression.

Quite boring and monotone work, very hard to stay motivated.

Are you Welder?Then read this.First of all, you are applying for production operator position not for welder or fabricator, noone (and I mean it) noone in this company cares how many years of experience you have as welder/fabricator. You will be paid same as everyone else. So while you will work in dirty environent breathing fumes and dust using your skills you learned years, there is a lot of people literaly picking their noses for same wages. Equality made in HYG. Job it self is not bad, of course only if you like doing same thing every day for months or even years. Yes they have decent pension scheme and will pay you a sick pay after some time, but thats it really. Management is lazy and chaotic, pretending to care about H&S and Quality but truth is they only care about your daily targets. I’ve spent in that place few years thinking its a good place for work untill I left, just then I realized how toxic this place is. Union is useless run by people without a pair of … I’d think twice before applying. If you are like me and value your skills you better stay away.

Great pay

The pay is pretty good but once you get hired on full time you have to go to 2nd shift without the option of if you want to or not and that is very unfair!

Nice environment

I enjoyed my time here. The peoole are nice and management as well. We just need better compensations and pay. I think this should be improven but other than that nice company

The pay is amazing.

If you can stay the course through all the tough times the reward is well worth it. Like any other place the management has it's faults. But I do what needs to be done and because of it they treat me extremely well.

Ambiente piacevole

Consiglio hyster-yaleper l'ambiente dinamico a che ha voglia di imparare una nuova realtà metalmeccanica

What is the best part of working at the company?4 day work week sometimes What is the most stressful part about working at the company?The poor training and awful management What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Hard work isn’t rewarded. Sucking up is What is a typical day like for you at the company?Work on assembly line and listen to how everybody hates their job. It’s not bad work. It’s just a bad environment because of poor management.

Poor management

They will throw you around the plant and expect you to learn everything. Management is at fault for that and they do not communicate. The people there are great

Loved the job

Great place to work, management just sucks. Lots of favoritism, and management discussing personal matters with other employees. But overall it’s was a great place to work.

A great job with bad management

It's a good place to work with good benefits, but the management is not so good. supply chain issues causes there to be stoppages and sometimes leads to going home early, and even shifted work weeks. parts often "get lost" or they "cant find" them which also leads to stoppages and sometimes going home early. management only cares about the production targets.

Poor management, make it hard for people who really want to something

It's been going downhill for years, and the professional managers lead the way in reporting good news and not bad news. They do things not for the growth of the company, but to satisfaction of shareholders. This makes it hard for people who really want to do something to get to work, and it makes it easy for people who are good at reporting. In my opinion, the people who can really bring benefits to the company in Asia Pacific are gone.

Low wages and poor leadership

The company is lacking in many areas, especially pay for the hourly employees .management is a joke, these clowns are clueless on what the employees deserve, 20 gift cards at Christmas, nothing on thanksgiving. The management at Berea, Kentucky needs fired .

Pros

Cons

Long hours, low pay, horrible management

Ottima azienda ma......

Direi che la mia esperienza in hister e da considerarsi ottima Ottimo stipendio Ottima azienda,ottima anche la sicurezza sul lavoroOttima collaborazione tra colleghi,mensa aziendale con meno di un euroMa purtroppo anche se dai anima e cuore e sei bravo a lavorare dopo un anno ti lasciano a casa comunque per chi e disoccupato e un ottima opportunità per uno che ha già un lavoro sconsigliatissimo

Azienda ottima

Ottima azienda. Stipendio molto buono e colleghi sempre disponibili.

Pros

Mensa, stipendio

Cons

Poca possibilità di crescita

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hyster-Yale Group (HYG). Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Hyster-Yale Group (HYG) with

• Hyster-Yale Group (HYG)