Hyundai Engineering & Construction

Hyundai Engineering & Construction Employee Reviews

Singapore52 reviews
Good company to work for, career advancement & opportunity in place, great staff & environment to work with. Fast past project many new things to learn in marine works.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
The management are kind and good , the working time is very long. Work like balance is low. Job advancement is low. It may have changed thru the years.
Good Experiences:
Fast-pace working environment

Need to be proactive

Good teamwork

Challenging

Management is taking care and protecting the employees
for me i am so happy working at Hyundai engineering coz ive learned a lots of experience regarding my scope of works as aland surveyor and site supervisor and i hope i can apply again in Hyundai Engineering if their is project again here in S.ingapore
They should stick with cars and ships. They have idiots at management and monkeys. And they are crooked to the core. Spend their time(not all) at karaoke pubs chasing skirts, instead of making a work and life balance.
Work in Hyundai is really amazing. Actually I'm working in more than 25 years on Hyundai and the reason why I left is no project so par here in Singapore. But if really come to have it I really apply it again to continue work. I started work in Hyundai Philippines transfer to middle east. Rimex site then Singapore and I complete 7 amazing project. and the last is Marina One. Anyway Thanks for Hyundai Engineering and Construction Co. Ltd. for all that days. See you
Its all about work work work nothing else. No work life balance. The culture over there follows the Korean work culture, very rigid and full of biasness. Aside from all the stress, i still get to learn professional work skills from this MNC which i dont think i can learn from other companies. This shows why Hyundai is one of the top companies in the world
Good team with this company-
HEC's Building Works business expands to Europe, North America, South America, and many other major Global markets. HEC provided engineering services for process plant, power plant, Infrastructures and Environmental Sectors, Building Construction, Housing and Industrial Plants. Hyundai Engineering will continuously grow for 100 Years, With advanced minds and challenging spirits.
It is a Korean Company, which is a typical conservative style of work ethics. Theirs is rooted in rankings and the higher your rank, the more respect is given. Communication is sometimes a problem and need be communicated slowly.
Great company to work with. I was fortunate to be included in an awesome team. Cultural diversity is not a problem. Management respect employees and assist them as much as they can.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Hyundai Engineering & Construction?
- Everyone can see the construction timeline and follow
- Easily coordinate with sub-contractor and consult for site progress

- Ensure proper quality checks and safety regulations and complied
Pros
Overtime payment and freemeal
Cons
long working hour
i am able to learn more for your future career.all the managers are very nice and strict .it need long working hours required.you mingt not have work-life balance but good money
Pros
free food, free stay
Colleagues are supportive.
Learn a lot of things.

Very friendly environment to work and not very stressful.

Management is very supportive to its staffs.

Fun and enjoyable to work.
Documents preparation for sourcing of quotations.I have learned about new material for every single day.And • Prepare monthly progress claim, vet recommend and prepare vendors’ payment certificate for management approval.
Pros
free lunchs
Cons
far from downtown
Working with Hyundai gave me all the knowledge in the playing field of construction. HDEC gave me a chance to showcase my skills and let me handle issues and therefore boost my confidence as an individual.
Pros
High Basic Salary
Cons
Long hours, minimal benefits, job not permanent
every morning conduct toolbox meeting to the workers, site inspection on site work area, in the morning before they applying PTW for start work, get the sub contractors to rectify any unsafe conditions immediately.
Pros
fulltime
Cons
I start working from 2015 at Hyundai engineering & construction company ltd. During my job life I learn from here so many things, hopefully it will be helpful for future.
Learned a lot and can apply to my future endeavor. I was trained to handle a tough tasks such as solving an issue with the client and overcome pressures due to time constraint for the deadline of particular shopdrawings.
Pros
with bonus
Cons
long hours of work
I am thankful with the opportunity to work with this company, it helps me a lot in my growth as an engineer and gives me relevant and new experiences.
Lead a team of 10 staff in a department/project and too much work to do. Learn to take ownership of the job and upgrading is important. Management need to review our ground situations and give support. Interesting workplace culture. The hardest part of the job is tight schedule and the most enjoyable part of the job is caring colleagues.
Pros
Upgrade given for training and courses
Cons
Long hours.
Very busy and lowly paid, no benefit at all, salary does not justify the amount of works. culture is not that impressive as you are not respected unless you are a korean
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hyundai Engineering & Construction. Our community is ready to answer.
Hyundai Engineering & Construction Reviews by Location