Hyundai Engineering & Construction logo
Hyundai Engineering & Construction

Hyundai Engineering & Construction Employee Reviews

Singapore53 reviews

A Prestigious Company

Good company to work for, career advancement & opportunity in place, great staff & environment to work with. Fast past project many new things to learn in marine works.

Pros

n/a

Cons

n/a

Boring

Worse working company, unfriendly korean staffpoor leadership, not caring for their employees, language barriers, unfair labor practice, unfair salary, not true with their promise

Pros

Cons

Crazy koreans

Productive and fast paced working environment

The management are kind and good , the working time is very long. Work like balance is low. Job advancement is low. It may have changed thru the years.

Good work for Engineers who wants challenging jobs

Good Experiences: Fast-pace working environment Need to be proactive Good teamwork Challenging Management is taking care and protecting the employees

in every project their are and productivity mostly the construction side

for me i am so happy working at Hyundai engineering coz ive learned a lots of experience regarding my scope of works as aland surveyor and site supervisor and i hope i can apply again in Hyundai Engineering if their is project again here in S.ingapore

Faeces like excrement

They should stick with cars and ships. They have idiots at management and monkeys. And they are crooked to the core. Spend their time(not all) at karaoke pubs chasing skirts, instead of making a work and life balance.

work like one family

Work in Hyundai is really amazing. Actually I'm working in more than 25 years on Hyundai and the reason why I left is no project so par here in Singapore. But if really come to have it I really apply it again to continue work. I started work in Hyundai Philippines transfer to middle east. Rimex site then Singapore and I complete 7 amazing project. and the last is Marina One. Anyway Thanks for Hyundai Engineering and Construction Co. Ltd. for all that days. See you

Stressful work environment

Its all about work work work nothing else. No work life balance. The culture over there follows the Korean work culture, very rigid and full of biasness. Aside from all the stress, i still get to learn professional work skills from this MNC which i dont think i can learn from other companies. This shows why Hyundai is one of the top companies in the world

Good company

Good team with this company- HEC's Building Works business expands to Europe, North America, South America, and many other major Global markets. HEC provided engineering services for process plant, power plant, Infrastructures and Environmental Sectors, Building Construction, Housing and Industrial Plants. Hyundai Engineering will continuously grow for 100 Years, With advanced minds and challenging spirits.

fast paced and care free

It is a Korean Company, which is a typical conservative style of work ethics. Theirs is rooted in rankings and the higher your rank, the more respect is given. Communication is sometimes a problem and need be communicated slowly.

Jobs at Hyundai Engineering & Construction

See more jobs

Great Company

Great company to work with. I was fortunate to be included in an awesome team. Cultural diversity is not a problem. Management respect employees and assist them as much as they can.

Productive and teamwork

- Everyone can see the construction timeline and follow - Easily coordinate with sub-contractor and consult for site progress - Ensure proper quality checks and safety regulations and complied

Pros

Overtime payment and freemeal

Cons

long working hour

fun workplace

i am able to learn more for your future career.all the managers are very nice and strict .it need long working hours required.you mingt not have work-life balance but good money

Pros

free food, free stay

Cons

good to be a part of company, great environment to work

Colleagues are supportive. Learn a lot of things. Very friendly environment to work and not very stressful. Management is very supportive to its staffs. Fun and enjoyable to work.

Fun workpalce

Documents preparation for sourcing of quotations.I have learned about new material for every single day.And • Prepare monthly progress claim, vet recommend and prepare vendors’ payment certificate for management approval.

Pros

free lunchs

Cons

far from downtown

Gives staff a free hand in solving issues and therefore adding up to the confidence of the individuals.

Working with Hyundai gave me all the knowledge in the playing field of construction. HDEC gave me a chance to showcase my skills and let me handle issues and therefore boost my confidence as an individual.

Pros

High Basic Salary

Cons

Long hours, minimal benefits, job not permanent

leaning a lot new things.

every morning conduct toolbox meeting to the workers, site inspection on site work area, in the morning before they applying PTW for start work, get the sub contractors to rectify any unsafe conditions immediately.

Pros

fulltime

Cons

Good

I start working from 2015 at Hyundai engineering & construction company ltd. During my job life I learn from here so many things, hopefully it will be helpful for future.

Tough working environment

Learned a lot and can apply to my future endeavor. I was trained to handle a tough tasks such as solving an issue with the client and overcome pressures due to time constraint for the deadline of particular shopdrawings.

Pros

with bonus

Cons

long hours of work

Helpful to my growth

I am thankful with the opportunity to work with this company, it helps me a lot in my growth as an engineer and gives me relevant and new experiences.

Productive and fun workplace

Lead a team of 10 staff in a department/project and too much work to do. Learn to take ownership of the job and upgrading is important. Management need to review our ground situations and give support. Interesting workplace culture. The hardest part of the job is tight schedule and the most enjoyable part of the job is caring colleagues.

Pros

Upgrade given for training and courses

Cons

Long hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hyundai Engineering & Construction. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Hyundai Engineering & Construction Reviews by Location