Hyundai Engineering & Construction

Hyundai Engineering & Construction Management reviews

Clear

Great Company

Great company to work with. I was fortunate to be included in an awesome team. Cultural diversity is not a problem. Management respect employees and assist them as much as they can.

Boring

Worse working company, unfriendly korean staffpoor leadership, not caring for their employees, language barriers, unfair labor practice, unfair salary, not true with their promise

Pros

Cons

Crazy koreans

Productive and fast paced working environment

The management are kind and good , the working time is very long. Work like balance is low. Job advancement is low. It may have changed thru the years.

Good work for Engineers who wants challenging jobs

Good Experiences: Fast-pace working environment Need to be proactive Good teamwork Challenging Management is taking care and protecting the employees

Faeces like excrement

They should stick with cars and ships. They have idiots at management and monkeys. And they are crooked to the core. Spend their time(not all) at karaoke pubs chasing skirts, instead of making a work and life balance.

fast paced and care free

It is a Korean Company, which is a typical conservative style of work ethics. Theirs is rooted in rankings and the higher your rank, the more respect is given. Communication is sometimes a problem and need be communicated slowly.

good to be a part of company, great environment to work

Colleagues are supportive. Learn a lot of things. Very friendly environment to work and not very stressful. Management is very supportive to its staffs. Fun and enjoyable to work.

Fun workpalce

Documents preparation for sourcing of quotations.I have learned about new material for every single day.And • Prepare monthly progress claim, vet recommend and prepare vendors’ payment certificate for management approval.

Pros

free lunchs

Cons

far from downtown

Productive and fun workplace

Lead a team of 10 staff in a department/project and too much work to do. Learn to take ownership of the job and upgrading is important. Management need to review our ground situations and give support. Interesting workplace culture. The hardest part of the job is tight schedule and the most enjoyable part of the job is caring colleagues.

Pros

Upgrade given for training and courses

Cons

Long hours.

Good working environment

Good working environment and colleagues however dictatorship management style and based on Korean culture. Limited and difficulty in communication due to strong Korean accent

Pros

Good working environment

Cons

No medical benefit

Jobs at Hyundai Engineering & Construction

See more jobs

good culture

1) enjoy the daily work at the company 2) Learn different management skills 3) manage constructors and welders 4) The company has good teamwork 5) hardest of the job is coordination of staffs from different countries

workplace

Inspection and management , report to construction manager and Coordination to subcon. Supervision of the continuous bored piles construction along the perimeter. Temporary sheet pile and strutting for the deep basement excavation. Various instrumentation installed to monitor the neighbouring. Supervision of the bored piling and RC foundation for the basement. Supervision of the RC structure for the tower blocks. Submit and follow up with the various authority requirement & TOP. Assit the consultant’s senior resident engineer on the weekly structure progress report. As this is a design & build project. Required to closely co-ordinate the various Archi & M&E requirement with structure. Work closely with the consultant’s to fine true the structure detailing.

Productive & fun work place

Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape politics, but this is expected of big company. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. The office started to get crowded as the company grew.

Work by Schedules, tough working hours, heavy headlines, heavy workloads, boss and colleagues well versed professionals and manageable

It was an awesome experienced to work with HDEC. The management were all supportive especially the Project Director. But my Boss is a tough Architect, even so , he was the best Design Manager ever. The office site environment is cool and pleasant. My colleagues are well versed professionals and everyone around was hospitable. Despite of the long working hours and overtime we came to divert the working loads into an energetic night shift. I wish that Hyundai will stay in existence for many more generations. Unfortunately, somehow we have to move out from our comfort zone to upgrade and be more competitive with other professionals and developers. I look forward for a family work life balance and career achievement. (that's personal reason)

Pros

We had our free dinner whenever someone comes and leaves the team.

Cons

it was terribly non working life balance.

Management Support is outstanding

Allows to work un-supervised Urge to deliver works on time Co workers are friendly and supportive Hardets part of job is working hours Enjoyable part of the job is managements support

Pros

Paid Dinner and Transport for Overtime works

Cons

Long working hours, Lacks Team building and bonus incentives

management skills

management skills will improve and the coordination and chain of command.

Pros

free food and lodging

Cons

long hours of working

Very systematic

Every morning read and reply those new email,then site work with sub-con and check the any site issue need to dissolve and settle ASAP. I learned and gain a lot of structure knowledge as well as the human management. I enjoy working with my co-workers as they always share with me all the site activity info. The harder part of the job is RI inspection and TOP, most stressful and tiredness but when we obtain the approval permit of RI & TOP, that was the most enjoyable part of job.

Pros

Free off day per month

Fast pace construction

Every morning toolbox meeting conduct by Safety personnel and construction manager. We were brief on safety issue and daily schedule of work of the day. We are well taken care by our management. The co-worker are very responsible towards every task given. The hardest part when we were shortage of man power to execute the task. The enjoyable part when we manage to complete the the project within the schedule

Pros

free lunch

Cons

challenging

Fum Workplace

- Grouting and Face Mapping - Good Management - Good Co-workers - None (the hardest part of the job) - Grouting Drawing

Pros

Free Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner

Cons

8 am to 7 pm

Active and excited Work Place

Very excitement in work is weekly instrumentation and monitoring meeting by representing the contractor side.I have learned much experience relevant and justified actions among the construction difficulties, design changes and monitoring results to meet the Contract's specification. I have studied most decisions made by high manager level in the crisis during raising lots of complains.My management is reviewing monitored data and report daily and weekly, writing relevant method of statement, reply and solve SO comments from the technical point of view.The hardest part is negotiation between the capacity of supplier, contractor,technical points of views, available time duration and the owner's requirement.The most enjoyable part is getting acceptance from SO by defending technically and finding the solution and the right way while unexpected things are being encountered.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hyundai Engineering & Construction. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Hyundai Engineering & Construction Reviews by Location