Hyundai Engineering & Construction

Hyundai Engineering & Construction Work-Life Balance reviews

Clear
3.7Salary & Benefits

A Prestigious Company

Good company to work for, career advancement & opportunity in place, great staff & environment to work with. Fast past project many new things to learn in marine works.

Pros

n/a

Cons

n/a

Faeces like excrement

They should stick with cars and ships. They have idiots at management and monkeys. And they are crooked to the core. Spend their time(not all) at karaoke pubs chasing skirts, instead of making a work and life balance.

Stressful work environment

Its all about work work work nothing else. No work life balance. The culture over there follows the Korean work culture, very rigid and full of biasness. Aside from all the stress, i still get to learn professional work skills from this MNC which i dont think i can learn from other companies. This shows why Hyundai is one of the top companies in the world

Great Company

Great company to work with. I was fortunate to be included in an awesome team. Cultural diversity is not a problem. Management respect employees and assist them as much as they can.

fun workplace

i am able to learn more for your future career.all the managers are very nice and strict .it need long working hours required.you mingt not have work-life balance but good money

Pros

free food, free stay

Cons

Gives staff a free hand in solving issues and therefore adding up to the confidence of the individuals.

Working with Hyundai gave me all the knowledge in the playing field of construction. HDEC gave me a chance to showcase my skills and let me handle issues and therefore boost my confidence as an individual.

Pros

High Basic Salary

Cons

Long hours, minimal benefits, job not permanent

leaning a lot new things.

every morning conduct toolbox meeting to the workers, site inspection on site work area, in the morning before they applying PTW for start work, get the sub contractors to rectify any unsafe conditions immediately.

Pros

fulltime

Cons

Good

I start working from 2015 at Hyundai engineering & construction company ltd. During my job life I learn from here so many things, hopefully it will be helpful for future.

Tough working environment

Learned a lot and can apply to my future endeavor. I was trained to handle a tough tasks such as solving an issue with the client and overcome pressures due to time constraint for the deadline of particular shopdrawings.

Pros

with bonus

Cons

long hours of work

Helpful to my growth

I am thankful with the opportunity to work with this company, it helps me a lot in my growth as an engineer and gives me relevant and new experiences.

Jobs at Hyundai Engineering & Construction

See more jobs

Productive and fun workplace

Lead a team of 10 staff in a department/project and too much work to do. Learn to take ownership of the job and upgrading is important. Management need to review our ground situations and give support. Interesting workplace culture. The hardest part of the job is tight schedule and the most enjoyable part of the job is caring colleagues.

Pros

Upgrade given for training and courses

Cons

Long hours.

Good Workplace

Its nice to work here, you can build your own knowledge, and you can build your self confidence. you have to arrange all the works under your control.

Cons

Long Hours

Good working environment

Good working environment and colleagues however dictatorship management style and based on Korean culture. Limited and difficulty in communication due to strong Korean accent

Pros

Good working environment

Cons

No medical benefit

Fun

Limited growth and learning opportunities. The career is stagnant. Relax environment. Good for those who wants a normal and stable job with great colleague.

Pros

Fun culture

Cons

Stagnant

Productive and fun workplace

I had a good time working in that place as it was fun to talk to my coworkers. The working hours was long but it was OK for me to feed my family and pay for their fees. It would be better if salary is slightly higher too.

Pros

Free lunches

Supporting

Experience & knows the work of scope. .Planning have to be good .Schedule must know how to follow & do .Design is a most important you must know .Realistic pressure will be always have with good responsibility

Pros

No comments

My position is Marine Engineer

My main duty is to : -Supervise and communicate with sub-Contractors and plan daily assignment. -Schedule and curry out inspection with RTO . -Open RFI and attend meeting with our consultant . -Making report and ensuring the work is done according to plan and schedule. -Visiting site for tendering CAD drawing.

Pros

Free Lunch

Cons

Long Hours

Good management system, unite, protective, fun workplace

I have learned to follow korean culture (respect any seniors) I like having celebrate birthday treat monthly. I have learned many paper works to do. My co-workers are all kind and sharing.

Pros

kindly, taking care by managers

Cons

Long Hours

Work by Schedules, tough working hours, heavy headlines, heavy workloads, boss and colleagues well versed professionals and manageable

It was an awesome experienced to work with HDEC. The management were all supportive especially the Project Director. But my Boss is a tough Architect, even so , he was the best Design Manager ever. The office site environment is cool and pleasant. My colleagues are well versed professionals and everyone around was hospitable. Despite of the long working hours and overtime we came to divert the working loads into an energetic night shift. I wish that Hyundai will stay in existence for many more generations. Unfortunately, somehow we have to move out from our comfort zone to upgrade and be more competitive with other professionals and developers. I look forward for a family work life balance and career achievement. (that's personal reason)

Pros

We had our free dinner whenever someone comes and leaves the team.

Cons

it was terribly non working life balance.

Promising role for career development

I have learned a lot with regards to structural steel installation. Daily work is typically challenging as I was tasked to do the overall process of structural steel construction from drawings, fabrication, installation, QA/QC documentation, etc.

Pros

Long Hours

Cons

Monthly dinner for all employees

Unorganized

I am involved in implementation and coordination for architectural, electrical, and mechanical works of the project.

Pros

Provided Service, Free Lunch and Dinner

Cons

Long Hours, not well compensated

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hyundai Engineering & Construction. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Hyundai Engineering & Construction Reviews by Location