Here to help
Coronavirus update

IBM Employee Reviews in Ashburn, VA

You’re seeing reviews in Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
the salary for an IBM sbt is way lower than any company in the market, theres alot of work and not enough pay. Work hours are good , vacation and benefits are good but management is pretty poor.
Once management changed, things got too stressful. My former shift lead was promoted to manager but he definitely was not fit to be a manager. He was put there because he had been there the longest when the other manager quit. A good 6, from a 15 person team, eventually found other jobs because the new manager liked to micromanage and was incompetent. That is ultimately the main reason I also found another job simply because I couldn't deal with the constant micromanaging even though I was there for 3 years and knew how to do my job well. If it wasn't for the new manager, I wouldv'e never left.
Pros
Snack, benefits, co-workers
Cons
Management, unpaid lunch, high turnover
IBM is a great place to work as a fresher in the IT industry like me. Although the salary is not really good , it is the best company i know that has the best of benefits for its employees
IBM acquired SoftLayer, but maintained SoftLayer pay scales which is nearly 50% less than other companies. Knowledge is not easily attained for growth
Pros
Foot in the door of the of the IT industry.
Cons
Pay, shifts, learning material, supervisors, onboarding process
Unless you are high up the ladder within the corporate company, the job growth is not great. You would have to relocate depending on which departments you are in.
Pros
Free snacks, Free drinks, Benefits
Cons
Pay is not consistent to living expenses
Learn skills such as basic hardware, network troubleshooting via Linux/KVM, how a ticketing system works. Management could be worked on, rarely ever around.
Pros
N/a
Cons
no advancement, poor management
I believe the poor management is my main reason to leave the most enjoyable part of this job is having cool coworkers what I have learned here is not limited to what I wrote in my resume they ask you to do new things everyday that is what I like here
Pros
Good place to learn new things
Cons
poor management, low pay salary
There pay rate is extremely low, the amount of work people do they dont pay according to that . The management is also very bad they dont interact and help there technician
The people in the company at lest the one that I know are all accommodating and helpful. as far as day to day actives please refer to my resume. IBM is a great place to work for.
The best place to be working at. Pay is well, you get to learn a lot. The location is nice, pay is a little on the lower side. But over all the benefits are great.
When you first start out, you'll get handed an outdated training manual. After the first couple of days to week(s) you'll get enrolled in a confusing, unorganized computer training which has a lot of mistakes and misinformation. The career path here is almost nonexistent, and management will NOT care about your training, advancement, or morale.
Pros
Free unhealthy snacks, and drinks
Cons
Too many to list
Good starting experience for IT. Get it and move on. Entry level and and not much more. Will open doors for you though in the IT world being its a 24/7 Enterprise Datacenter enviroment
Pros
free snacks
Cons
management and pay
IBM is market Leader in many areas. It is excellent company to work with which provides opportunity to your innovation and your growth. I always got opportunity to work on challenging Project with highly motivated people which helped me grow; I worked with Sr. Leaders who had complete trust on me.
I will resist saying anything positive about this IBM Cloud. Because, there isn't any! Always over work their employees. I can rant forever.
Great company to work for, good benefits, lots of work but great teamwork atmosphere. The team always covers your back. Great career path it you want to keep advancing but you can do the same thing if you like it and do not want to advance.
Pros
Great work/life balance, teamwork, benefits