IHG Hotels & Resorts

IHG Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

Singapore21 reviews

Found 21 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,517 reviews

Fun workplace for internship

Great internship experience with excellent managers; internal career development are prioritized over external hires. Strongly recommend IHG as a hospitality company to work in.

Nice colleagues

Really friendly and fun bunch of people to work with. Workplace culture is good. Good place for people to intern at. They will provide guidance and training.

Pros

Free meals

Very good for experience

It’s a very good environment to learn as you deal with people and work with your colleagues as we need to work together to help serve our customers well.

Productive workplace, everyone's great

This place is the place to work at! They are super inclusive, appreciate and give credit for the work done. That's when you feel you have achieved something. People are great here and lot's of other activities to engage in.

Fun place to work in

Being a One Stop Agent can be demanding especially when you’re in the night shift. You’ll be working alone. Shift distribution were unfairly given. Management of staff were terrible.

Pros

Uniform & free meals

Cons

Terrible management of shift.

Positive Environment, enhancing skills , challenging

It has positive environment to work in good people to work with well recognised worldwide excellent work enviroment to enhance skills multi tasking in various sector

A fun working experience

we got to handle wedding preparation and serving which was very interesting and fascinating. Even though it is very tiring sometimes, overall it was a great experience.

Pros

Free meal and uniform provided

lively, fun culture

all departments had a fun working culture, instilled by the management above, this laidback attitude allowed staff the freedom to add creative and their own personal element to the role to enhance the customer experience.

InterContinental Singapore Robertson Quay

This is the first time I'm working in the management level. Throughout this 8 months of working in this property, I've learnt alot from my Manager and the people around. I am keen to explore other things and gain much much more experience. However, the location wise is quite far for me as I am staying in the North area (Yishun) and I am looking for a job that I can wear my hijab on.

Pros

Free duty meal.

Good Experience

This was my first job. It was very hard for me as i was very young when i first started off here. It was tough as handling the guest of the hotel, checking them in and out was a very systematic job.

In one sentence, IHG is a great company to work with from working culture to work life balance. Hardest part would be leaving IHG. Have grown from this company tremendously as an individual and as becoming as Leader.

Pros

Medical Benefits

Cons

Uncertainty in job role

Good staff benefits

IHG staff benefits are good and our colleagues, all of them are so nice.

工作環境好

升遷制度良好,在這個地方我學到了人力上的管理、跟客人之間的溝通還有協調、人力上的調度,以及跟同事間的相處

Cons

上班時間長

Challenging but Fulfilling Work Environment

Being in the Banquet department with IHG requires me to be extremely resilient & independent. It is a hectic and fast-paced environment to be in and I enjoy facing new challenges every day. The toughest part of this job is being a female, where I am put at a disadvantage compared to my male colleagues when we are required to carry heavy items. Plus working 12 hours and above per day, one requires a certain amount of passion to keep going in the F&B industry.

Pros

Staff meals, tailored uniforms, resting areas are provided

Cons

Long hours- 12 hours and above

fun culture

calendar management, travel coordination, visa application, video conferencing and webex training, good culture and colleagues recognition, growth opportunity

Tempary Work Place

Setup rooms for conferences and other events Management is different under different people Lots of physical work and energy Handle customers' needs

Fun Work Place

Building collaborative partnerships, relationships and networks to deliver good outcomes. Proactively share knowledge and idea across teams Hardest part of the job is to manage VC across offices

Pros

good colleagues

Cons

full-fledged pantry

They trained me well to be more equipped as i embark my career in hospitaly industry.

My Singapore training in Intercontinental hotel motivates me to be more successful hotelier and equipped me to be knowledgeable in this industry.

Friendly environment

On banqueting function was a very hectic day. Co-workers are very friendly and co-operative I love to face new challenges every day i do not feel hard time for work . I do my work seriously and i enjoyed as well.

Pros

Free duty meals

Cons

Long Shifts

Best Foundation an organisation can offer

Joining IHG was the Prep School experience any junior executive can get. You learn the hierarchy of the corporate work and everyone is allowed the space to grow.

Pros

Everyone is respectful of every indivitual

Cons

none for now

good ambiance

Work is important, you should be alert at all time at work, my co-workers are very nice to me even we have different nationalities.. The hardest part of the job was during weekend, coz it's our hi-tea and lots of walk-in guest come to eat our early dinner buffet. And finally the most enjoyable was that we are having fun in serving.

Pros

free lunch, dinner and breakfast

Cons

short break

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IHG Hotels & Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• IHG Hotels & Resorts