IHS Markit

IHS Markit Employee Reviews

Singapore6 reviews
I only joined the SG office shortly after the company(Markit Legacy) has declared the agreement on the merger with IHS. Markit Legacy back then had about 100 people.
Very nice British culture I would say. But Back office function people are rather less motivated about the work due to nature of the work itself. High profiles would come but leave.

I would stay in the bank ops if i had to choose but overall the company culture is pretty relaxed.
Pros
Good culture, nice office
Cons
team motivation is quite low
Senior management tend to be biased towards managers hired through personal levels.

Remote leadership is ineffective with Japanese culture based on experience.
Although IHS Markit can be a great place to work, the change environment is quite toxic. Quarterly reactionary cost savings measures really stress the lack of work security. This combined with the M&A landscape that can through long term projects into chaos. There are some great managers and then there are terrible managers. Make sure you are interviewing with the manager you would be working for and ask questions to ensure you are choosing the right manager.
Family-friendly environment, fun colleagues, good benefits, central location, relatively good brand name. Overall decent place to work. Beware of sub-standard managers.
Cons
Insecure managers
- A typical day of work involves assisting sales managers and account managers with salesforce related operations, administration needs etc
- Ad hoc requests include creating MIS reports for various business lines, formulating the best way to capture information for reporting purposes

- I have learnt to be flexible, adaptable and being proactive in my daily work

- Management is a great team of experienced international individuals with a wealth of new ideas and set the competitive stage for all levels of workers.

- The hardest part of the job is a lack of strong operational support to get things done and have to rely on own technical skills and intuition.

- The most enjoyable part of the job - international colleagues and lots of areas to learn and focus development of skills.
Good benefits and work-life balance
Slow career prospect

Supportive colleagues and bosses

Must be able to work under pressure when required
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at IHS Markit?