IKEA

IKEA Employee Reviews

Eventhough the company supports employees alot in terms of development but they did not prepare enough before doing so. When the employees leave their current job position to try another department, the existing job takes awhile to fill in, causing a delay in the operations. Even after finding someone to take over, they need to take some time to adjust and learn. it gets stressful for the employee that just filled in the job as a new employee to the job.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
high stress
No training for casual labour staff. No proper orientation as well. You’re expected to know EVERYTHING the minute you start working. Staff whether perm , causal or part time , gather in groups to gossip about other co-workers balantly. Is this the new updated co-worker care code ? Ikea is famous for customer service, but as a new employee you are told by staff that whatever the customer ask is none of our business. Did the code of conduct changed entirely? The entire staff strength carries some form of attitude, not willing to provide top customer care. please think twice about accepting the job offer if you have. Working in a toxic environment drains off all your energy.
Pros
Attractive staff Benefits
Cons
Toxic work culture no proper training
I had a brief contract with Ikea. I was hoping someone would approach me for extension. It is a great place to work. There is a great work-life balance and it is multi-cultural. IKEA allows freedom to their employees in that a person can be of any religion, orientation, age, ethnicity, and you will not feel discrimination. They have a great cafeteria for their employees and the H.R department are the most helpful, outgoing, cheerful H.R department you will ever meet. .
Pros
Cafe, Multi-Cultural, Pro Environment, Work-Life balance
Cons
Some times there is very little training and some safety protocol were ignored.
Relaxed and a fun working environment. Very good culture with friendly and amazing people. An opportunity to grow in your deparrtment and try new roles.
The coworkers were all vv friendly and helpful, staff welfare is incredible, and the superiors were all very friendly. There were also a lot of events/outings/situations that were provided to ensure the bonding of the coworkers.
Really I love it... staff and manager all good .... if anything u can asked sometime customer service too tight if ask manager they help to u....so that y I like it Ikea.....
Nice place to work at. Not sure if current work is stressful or more hard work. Good coworkers and understanding type. Like minded people. Fast work pace and need to be good at handling customer's.
First day was very confuse as I have no experience in logistics but as 1 week pass by I have acquired the knowledge of basic logistics and warehouse. .
Pros
Discount
Cons
i like to work there becoz near my place and i like to talk the custamor so mostly.... i would like to walking way so mostly new custamor always seeing and smile
Pros
Cons
short hours
Ikea is a good place to work. The place inspires everyone with its wonderful design concepts and beautifully crafted furniture range. Working for Ikea has taught me how to handle difficult customers and make quick decisions and to find solutions in the most efficient and cost-effective ways.
As I belong to the kitchen department, I learn new things almost every day as we interact with different kinds of customers everyday. Not only we have to know our product, we also have to know the technical side of it in terms of dismantling existing cabinets and fixing new ones. We are a team of 9, and being the youngest, I am always carefully guided and most relied on for ad-hoc duties. I enjoy the culture in IKEA as it always bring every together. It is filled with positive people and positive environment and that would be enough to get through a hard day.
Pros
Free lunch on seasonal period and busy days
Cons
Not enough manpower
For the load of work that is given, pay wage is low as expected. No priorities to workers. Work place is safe environment. Only able to work on weekends.
Pros
Safe environment
Cons
weekends and long hourse
First job in the year 2010, while waiting for O-level results. I would strongly encourage adolescents to expose themselves in an exuberant yet challenging retail environment like IKEA to obtain useful life skills such as, but not limiting to, customer relations, stress management, working in teams etc.
Meeting all sorts of customers from all walks of life.I learned to be more open in life when we faced different people from different culture.work culture is we feel like a family there.Hardest part of the job is sometimes customer is very demanding.Enjoyable part of the job is i got a chance to meet all sorts of people.
Pros
Able to enjoy work
Cons
Salary
Its a good working environment place. Recommended for everyone. Ive been working for ikea as a part time for almost 5 years now, definetely a good place to work :)
a very decent job as we help to pick out customer item that they buy and it help us to be efficient and quick. also learn to build team bonding when working.
It a good place to work, although im just an intern, it fun job, get to learn the culture, the colleagues are friendly & others. Then there's alot of department it like a maze, but slowly we know which department that we belongs to, we get use to it, then everyday we will have to face different challenges & customers, to satisfy customers needs or wants.
Pros
Lunch & dinner provided
Cons
Short lunch time
I greatly enjoyed my work in IKEA! It was such a dream job because I got to work on their vast collection of furniture and accessories with our clients.
I was a part time checkout cashier at that time, and I really wanted to feel how working was like. I was only 16 at that time, and I was given shifts that started as early as 10am, and ended at around 11pm-12am. It was mentally and physically draining. However, the interaction between fellow colleagues and the hard work of earning money really paid off.
Pros
Free drinks, Fun colleagues
Cons
No consideration for young people like me, long working hours, not flexible
Worked as a part timer yet i receive benefits like free gift once a year and ang pao from the company during Chinese New Year. The superiors will also go the extra mile to help you with personal issues. Well done!
Pros
Receive benefits like the full timers
Cons
Small pay
Overall, it is a good part time job to be earning. Conducive learning work environment where play and work is incorporated. Everything is good for a part time job.
  1. Employee Reviews