IKEA

IKEA Employee Reviews

Singapore31 reviews

Found 31 reviews matching the searchSee all 9,635 reviews

Fun place to work

Worked as a logistic assistant in IKEA Tampines. Lots of friendly people. Good pay and good staff discounts.

Pros

Cheap food

Cons

Need more manpower

Teamwork, independence,

New skills, independence, teamwork, safety precautions communication skills, work at own risk, lunch own timing flexible working hour, commission, good pay on time, salary twice a month

Pros

Self lunch

Cons

Rush hour

Good company to come to for development but is stressful.

Eventhough the company supports employees alot in terms of development but they did not prepare enough before doing so. When the employees leave their current job position to try another department, the existing job takes awhile to fill in, causing a delay in the operations. Even after finding someone to take over, they need to take some time to adjust and learn. it gets stressful for the employee that just filled in the job as a new employee to the job.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

high stress

One of the worst culture given their long standing for co-worker care worldwide

No training for casual labour staff. No proper orientation as well. You’re expected to know EVERYTHING the minute you start working. Staff whether perm , causal or part time , gather in groups to gossip about other co-workers balantly. Is this the new updated co-worker care code ? Ikea is famous for customer service, but as a new employee you are told by staff that whatever the customer ask is none of our business. Did the code of conduct changed entirely? The entire staff strength carries some form of attitude, not willing to provide top customer care. please think twice about accepting the job offer if you have. Working in a toxic environment drains off all your energy.

Pros

Attractive staff Benefits

Cons

Toxic work culture no proper training

This is a great place to work with great management and awesome co-workers.

I had a brief contract with Ikea. I was hoping someone would approach me for extension. It is a great place to work. There is a great work-life balance and it is multi-cultural. IKEA allows freedom to their employees in that a person can be of any religion, orientation, age, ethnicity, and you will not feel discrimination. They have a great cafeteria for their employees and the H.R department are the most helpful, outgoing, cheerful H.R department you will ever meet. .

Pros

Cafe, Multi-Cultural, Pro Environment, Work-Life balance

Cons

Some times there is very little training and some safety protocol were ignored.

Working environment

Relaxed and a fun working environment. Very good culture with friendly and amazing people. An opportunity to grow in your deparrtment and try new roles.

Absolutely amazing, i LOVED working there.

The coworkers were all vv friendly and helpful, staff welfare is incredible, and the superiors were all very friendly. There were also a lot of events/outings/situations that were provided to ensure the bonding of the coworkers.

I like to work Ikea becoz 1st I worked here so I can't forget

Really I love it... staff and manager all good .... if anything u can asked sometime customer service too tight if ask manager they help to u....so that y I like it Ikea.....

Good

Nice place to work at. Not sure if current work is stressful or more hard work. Good coworkers and understanding type. Like minded people. Fast work pace and need to be good at handling customer's.

Overall working in ikea

First day was very confuse as I have no experience in logistics but as 1 week pass by I have acquired the knowledge of basic logistics and warehouse. .

Pros

Discount

like the products

i like to work there becoz near my place and i like to talk the custamor so mostly.... i would like to walking way so mostly new custamor always seeing and smile

Pros

Cons

short hours

Good workingExperience

Ikea is a good place to work. The place inspires everyone with its wonderful design concepts and beautifully crafted furniture range. Working for Ikea has taught me how to handle difficult customers and make quick decisions and to find solutions in the most efficient and cost-effective ways.

5 Stars

As I belong to the kitchen department, I learn new things almost every day as we interact with different kinds of customers everyday. Not only we have to know our product, we also have to know the technical side of it in terms of dismantling existing cabinets and fixing new ones. We are a team of 9, and being the youngest, I am always carefully guided and most relied on for ad-hoc duties. I enjoy the culture in IKEA as it always bring every together. It is filled with positive people and positive environment and that would be enough to get through a hard day.

Pros

Free lunch on seasonal period and busy days

Cons

Not enough manpower

Productive and Safe Work Place

For the load of work that is given, pay wage is low as expected. No priorities to workers. Work place is safe environment. Only able to work on weekends.

Pros

Safe environment

Cons

weekends and long hourse

Outgoing Colleagues

First job in the year 2010, while waiting for O-level results. I would strongly encourage adolescents to expose themselves in an exuberant yet challenging retail environment like IKEA to obtain useful life skills such as, but not limiting to, customer relations, stress management, working in teams etc.

Fun workplace

Meeting all sorts of customers from all walks of life.I learned to be more open in life when we faced different people from different culture.work culture is we feel like a family there.Hardest part of the job is sometimes customer is very demanding.Enjoyable part of the job is i got a chance to meet all sorts of people.

Pros

Able to enjoy work

Cons

Salary

Fun Workplace

Its a good working environment place. Recommended for everyone. Ive been working for ikea as a part time for almost 5 years now, definetely a good place to work :)

very fun and the people are helpful

a very decent job as we help to pick out customer item that they buy and it help us to be efficient and quick. also learn to build team bonding when working.

Good place to work & face different types of cutomers

It a good place to work, although im just an intern, it fun job, get to learn the culture, the colleagues are friendly & others. Then there's alot of department it like a maze, but slowly we know which department that we belongs to, we get use to it, then everyday we will have to face different challenges & customers, to satisfy customers needs or wants.

Pros

Lunch & dinner provided

Cons

Short lunch time

Work in IKEA

I greatly enjoyed my work in IKEA! It was such a dream job because I got to work on their vast collection of furniture and accessories with our clients.

My work review on IKEA

I was a part time checkout cashier at that time, and I really wanted to feel how working was like. I was only 16 at that time, and I was given shifts that started as early as 10am, and ended at around 11pm-12am. It was mentally and physically draining. However, the interaction between fellow colleagues and the hard work of earning money really paid off.

Pros

Free drinks, Fun colleagues

Cons

No consideration for young people like me, long working hours, not flexible

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IKEA. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• IKEA