IKEA Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

Sales Assistant7 reviews
Singapore7 reviews

Found 7 reviews matching the searchSee all 11,796 reviews

Highly Stressful

I've worked in retail/ customer service before but this place was just next level. Customer's questions and inquiries are incessant and you need to have extensive knowlege of all the products which I found very demanding and difficult to cope with. However, if you enjoy that type of work this job would be perfect for you

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Good

Nice place to work at. Not sure if current work is stressful or more hard work. Good coworkers and understanding type. Like minded people. Fast work pace and need to be good at handling customer's.

Insights into IKEA

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Supportive environment
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging

5 Stars

As I belong to the kitchen department, I learn new things almost every day as we interact with different kinds of customers everyday. Not only we have to know our product, we also have to know the technical side of it in terms of dismantling existing cabinets and fixing new ones. We are a team of 9, and being the youngest, I am always carefully guided and most relied on for ad-hoc duties. I enjoy the culture in IKEA as it always bring every together. It is filled with positive people and positive environment and that would be enough to get through a hard day.

Pros

Free lunch on seasonal period and busy days

Cons

Not enough manpower

Fun workplace

Meeting all sorts of customers from all walks of life.I learned to be more open in life when we faced different people from different culture.work culture is we feel like a family there.Hardest part of the job is sometimes customer is very demanding.Enjoyable part of the job is i got a chance to meet all sorts of people.

Pros

Able to enjoy work

Cons

Salary

Good place to work & face different types of cutomers

It a good place to work, although im just an intern, it fun job, get to learn the culture, the colleagues are friendly & others. Then there's alot of department it like a maze, but slowly we know which department that we belongs to, we get use to it, then everyday we will have to face different challenges & customers, to satisfy customers needs or wants.

Pros

Lunch & dinner provided

Cons

Short lunch time

Sales

The job requires the joy in you as the store is big and customers will approach and we have to be ready. Overall you will be happy working as one in IKEA.

Challenging but good experience

i feel very belonged working in Ikea even though i was just an intern there. The environment is different from other jobs that i work in. Everyone is like the same especially with the same uniform even though there are different ranks of people. The workload is definitely tough. It was something new for me working as a sales assistant but with the guidance from my team leader, everything goes smoothly. Its the people there that makes me feel motivated to go to work everyday even though we know we are going to face a tough day.

Pros

Staff meal

Jobs at IKEA