Infineon Technologies

Infineon Technologies Management reviews

Singapore43 reviews
Colleagues are helpful and willing to share skillset and knowledge. Colleagues offer time to teach and give company tour to enable exposure. Management encourage you to learn and think out of the box
Infineon is a positive workplace consists of employees who enjoy and are passionate about their work. The company encourage work/life balance which is very helpful particularly for a family man like me. Management support is a common practice but also supports employee empowerment specially in project management. A typical day in the job is challenging and at the same time enjoyable as my colleagues are very friendly, helpful and professional in their field of jobs.Professional Development is also a good practice that I raved about as training and workshop are provided to improve employees skills. The most enjoyable part of my job was Teamwork. Project execution is fun because project team are very professional and skillful.
Good company take care of employee benefits wellness well and care for environment and charity well too.

Can be best place to work company, sure still have room for improvement especially Local Asia Management
If you join Infineon, expect to be in multinational environment. Management part is a bit of weak, ie sometimes there are biasing cases based on positions, work experiences. Leaders tend to close one eye if you get bullied by seniors, unless you raise out your concern very seriously. It may also depends on individual department; not meaning the whole company is this way.
Pros
Flexible work hours, pay is average, cheap food at company canteen
Cons
Kinda biasing within employees
Company had a laid back attitude
slow paced. But high job security

Management was slow moving

Hard to get work done, as all things are dependent on other people.
during my time here at infineon, i feel like i want to stay longer than my contract, if given the chance, since it is very seldom that we are requested to stay beyond our hours. many food options around, but that's it once you identified those. management/hr is conducting regular employee satisfaction survey, so that may be helping them improve company life.
everyday though, many people i see across the hall have blank faces, trying to just finish their day.
Pros
a job you'd want to grow old/retire with.
Cons
not for you if you like active corporate advancement and trainings.
A typicial day at work - Finding errors and outliers in data provided by technician team for Infineon's operations.
What I learnt - Excel VBA and R programming

Management - Under the quality management team, 1 director and several managers. Under my team, 1 manager, 2 senior engineers and 1 intern(myself).
Hardest part of the job - leaving and going back to school

Most enjoyable part of the job - understanding supervisors and achievable work schedules.
Pros
Good supervisors who encouraged independent learning and provided assistance, when facing difficulties
great colleagues and great management who always appreciate their workers.
I have build relationships with people in other departments and always enjoy meeting people.
the biggest challenge is that, most of my colleges are over 40s, which i felt a little bit difficult to communicate with them. the most enjoyable part of my job is to training the new comers. i will do a small presentation to explain the basic knowledge about all the departments within the company and hold a small meeting to answering all the questions the new comers have.
Pros
good practice on my communication skills, time management and partient
Cons
colleges are not very out-going sometimes will affect my confidence.
Poor management. Never appreciate staff who really put in the hard work. Promise to convert to perm staff after 1 year contract but never happen at all.
Pros
Good working environment and working colleagues
Cons
Poor management
- Career enhancement, work load and management all is depends on department that join
- In general: Seniority its not really appreciated. Work load distribution not balance. Opportunity for self development, career enhancement, exposure is very limited, salary and benefits is very low & not attractive
- However, this company have a very good reputation, very good systematic

- Have a lots of talented and experience guys inside

- Here is a start for me to learn up all technical, hand-on, presentation skills, management skills and etc
Pros
as stated above
Cons
as stated above
Typical day: run the line for 12 hours by clearing machine jams, repairing machine breakdowns.

What I learned: production flow and the importance of maintenance team

About management: they keep on improving things that conforms with environment, safety and health

About co-workers: easy to work with, they show respect to someone who is technically inclined

Hardest part of the job: project proposals because it would take time to be evaluated meticulously and be considered

Most enjoyable part of the job: solving recurring problems
Pros
Family perks like free entrance to entertainments and attractions
Cons
Permanent night shift