Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore

Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore Employee Reviews

The work was okay, but the pay was way too little. I was only give $800/month. As i wanted to work as a permanent staff, they didn't allow me, and ask me to find a job somewhere else. Since than, it was a struggle for me.
As the organisation goes through digitalisation, there's a lot of additional projects on top of your normal work load. Slight bureaucratic but that's necessary for an organisation this size to be effective.
The workplace is very fast-paced and required us to be on our toes most of the time. While the workload can be heavy and stressful, but my colleagues and superiors are very helpful which makes it more manageable.
answer calls and provide tax advisory on filing, submission and other tax related enquiry. taxpayers can be mean at times but it helps to train up your patience
-A typical day at work involves sitting at the front line table to attend to customers on tax queries, whether GST, corporate or individual income taxes. -I belonged in the enforcement department hence i had to advise taxpayers on payment issues. -Workplace culture was cohesive and supportive as everyone was willing to help each other. There were little conflicts that arise from the daily activities. -Hardest part of the job was having to attend to difficult taxpayers as they could be unreasonable and potentially cause a scene at your desk, which is embarrassing and can be quite nerve-wrecking. The best advice is to stay calm and try to appease the customer in the most professional way before finding out your next course of action. -Enjoyable part of the work was you could really help some taxpayers who are really clueless about taxes issues and have no intention to make late payment. Seeing their smiles after helping them is the greatest joy and most satisfactory part of my 8 months journey in Inland Revenue.
You must Customer oriented and have good communication skills and patience. Keep up with constantly changing work procedures and able to evaluate and suggest ways to improve. Understand and know which standard operating procedures to apply and able to use discretion where necessary.
Worked as temporary call centre officer. It was fun meeting so many co-workers of your age and learning new skills together. It is a fulfilling job and the supervisors are very kind and helpful.
The good thing about this position is that you are able to take leave according to your needs, just bear in mind that leave days means no pay. However, temp staffs are entitled for paid leave after serving 3 months in IRAS. This is a good benefit for those who are either studying part time or looking for full time jobs where they have to go interviews now and then. As long as you do your work, the supervisors will not be very harsh on you. Generally speaking, I like it there.
I learned a lot, although it was very stressful, i learnt how to handle taxpayers (customers service) and how to work under pressure. In addition, I dealt with a lot of unexpected situations.
Having been working at Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (IRAS) for 3 months as a temporary officer. I have learnt how to interact with customers and meeting their demands. Also, I have had the opportunity to further my knowledge of work and in leadership by educating the new recruits about the work itself.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore?
Has high KPI to maintain Need to ensure that KPI is met for each call made Not susceptible to mistakes Management does compliment for good work Tight regulations in maintaining officers
Pros
Nil
Cons
will be sacked if we dont meet KPI
simple task as it is only a temp job. Good place to work at as it is clean, neat and tidy. There are also lots of eateries nearby which is convenient.
Was an intern there, lunchtimes were cut short due to overwhelming number of calls, management did not hold their promises when we extended past our internship there. People were friendly and supervisors were helpful.
The culture in IRAS is generally good and the people are really nice. They have a strong emphasis on work life balance. Their suite of staff benefits is quite good, better than other public agencies. The bad part is that they are on a single scheme of service. So there is no more emplacement to higher grade for current staff who are furthering their studies on part time basis once they obtained their degree. The only way to move up the corporate ladder is only through promotion, which sometime take quite a few years and is really depending on luck.
Pros
Training and Development, Good Benefits, Colleagues are quite friendly
Cons
Rigid HR Policy
Staffs are friendly and always willing to help, guide and push us beyond our limits. I have learnt that taking ownership in your work is very important.
Pros
Weekly fruits day
You learn alot about taxes working here. Which is very useful in the long run. You also learn to deal with all sorts of people. Gives you a better appreciation of polite people
The supervisors I had were very supportive and keen to teach whatever the trainees were unsure of. We also had training before starting work in order to equip us with relevant knowledge with regards to tax policies.
Pros
Friendly colleagues, nice environment
Cons
Desk bound job
IRAS gives out fruits every thursday. Need to like facts and figures. Its a place that requires hard logic. Had a very good impression of the organisation.
Colleagues are very nurturing, friendly and welcoming. We work hard and play hard. The hardest part would be facing tough taxpayers, however, your colleagues will be there to give you a hand.
The daily job is to come to work on time and answer calls from tax payers and answer their queries. Also have to help them file their taxes and double check personal information to be able to proceed.
nil nil nil nothing much to work on and the place is quite gloomy and dark and the place is quite crowded because there is very much less place around you can work honestly
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Gloomy