Institute of Technical Education

Institute of Technical Education Employee Reviews

Singapore21 reviews
Great working colleagues, strong focus on students, potential to grow if you have capability otherwise you end up stagnating in same position. Nice working environment.
No work life balance. Mid management biases. Not compassionate towards staff. Task oriented. Can’t find anything good there which has happened. Those with substance will not stay there Long as too many old school learners there. Not able to teach, you can work there. If you speak up , you will not be liked. No democracy
Pros
Nil
Cons
Many
9 years since I left ITE as a student, the rapid changes in the world outside are slowly rendering the national education system in Singapore of which ITE is a part of, obsolete and irrelevant at most levels.

Stop making students chase grades on a piece of paper and micromanaging their life. If you truly care about their future, don't pull wool over their eyes about how the job market is all roses and good jobs are guaranteed when so many high paying jobs are given away to foreigners by the government and employers addicted to cheap foreign labor.
Pros
Slow pace of life for you to decide what you wanna do after leaving ITE
Cons
Long history of students involved with bad company, societal bias against ITE graduates
The IT DD and is sleeping and doing anything about the slowness in the network for the whole ITE or the donkey old systems like still using Lotus Notes apps in this era. Talk about IoT and new technologies for donkey years but nothing done year after year.
Pros
Stay and have pop corn and watch politics because all are too free and nothing to do.
Cons
Everyday too many korean dramas. Do not get involve.
Lots of projects of different nature for personal development and satisfaction. The "sky is the limit" where there is no lack of opportunity to try new things.
Understanding supervisors and mentors. Very bonded, regardless of job titles/level. Fun working environment.
Good staff benefits and encourage you to work happy everyday!
Teaching is an honor profession and the working place provide work life balances.
long vacation is an added advantages, we can do self learning during this time to upgrade our skills and knowledges..
Pros
long holiday
Cons
high salary with prospective for traing and advance
A great place to work if job security is what you are looking for. People here have mostly been working here all their lives. The system is abit bureaucratic, but there is excellent work life balance
My main job function is to impart knowledge and skills in mechanical engineering to young school leavers. This is the part I enjoy most in my job.
The job also requires me to advise my students on their performance and career paths. I am able to bond with my students and find fulfillment in my work.

ITE is a very people-oriented organisation and it takes care of its employees well.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Key performance indicators
I have been with ITE since 2005 and its my first job.
I must say that i became a true matured working adult at this place.

A great working environment with a great team of colleagues.

A normal day starts with mass workout, variety of exercises and games. Work culture has been always on a positive note.

Hardest part of job is managing the expectations of students.

Most enjoyable part is just waking up to get to another day at work.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Long hours on certain days
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Institute of Technical Education?
very enriching job, and meaningful because of the students that we worked with. However the demands of the management may be too ambitious sometimes. Great thing is that we have to undergo and complete a compulsory 100hours of learning every year, so that keeps the employees well informed of new technology.
Pros
free courses
Cons
ambitious targets, long hours
A typical day consist of lesson planning and delivery from 0-800-1700hrs. Theory and practical lesson covers about 24-30 hours weekly, the rest of the working hours, covers extra- ciriculum, adminsitrative work, marking, field trips and exchange program for students.

Best part of the job is seeing improvement and motivated students. I lack no opportinuty to be creative with lesson to keep students interested.

Most challanging part of work is dealing with students who are in denial. Some parents are becoming difficult to handle. Management expecting impossible often, thus feeling suffocated in the authoritarian management.

Work life balanced. Little over-time is expected and work load manageable.
Pros
Job satisfaction
Cons
Too many "red tapes" on daily work system.
Teaching is enriching but administratively demanding.

Takes up much time in handling students' issues which an administrator can handle.

Involve in students; projects, local CCAs and overseas trips
Great exposure to the healthcare industry and understand the challenges faced working in national headquarter. A very different culture from my last job, enjoyed working with younger generation.
Aware of the great shortage of nurses and allied health professionals globally and the challenges of making these jobs appealing to the young.
Admin work related to the function of the department attached. Work harmoniously with co-workers internal or other dept.

Handle difficult customers and try to solve the problems.
Pros
Staff benefits are good
Cons
Long hours some times
It is a joy to teach the students. The teaching hour is about 20 to 22 teaching hours. There are a lot of administrative work but manageable.
Come to work have a bread or coffee. Ask my co worker how is their evening. Replenish office stocks like photocopy paper, ink catridge, stamps, labels. Ask my supervisor if there are any pending jobs that I can help. I learned to communicate with clients via emailing and on the phone. Learn how to set up a successfull event. Most tiring is during event day when we admin crew must set up. Run up and down . Fetch heavy boxes that has water bottle and event materials. But overall I learnt a lot. How to set an event. How to manage unhappy participants. How to work under pressure. How to communicate well and how to use office items.
Pros
A lot of free food.
Cons
Long hours and low pay.
This job requires passion, compassion, patience in dealing with students. 70% of the time and energy is spent on student management, 20% of the time on admin tasks and 10% on actual teaching.

ITE offers great work life balance and job security, however the culture is characterised by red tapes and bureaucracy.

The greatest satisfaction of the job is to see the students achieve small successes in gaining experience, skills and confidence to help them build a better future.
*Teach students various subjects to present to them in an interesting manner.

*Learned different types of learners needs different types of styles. I had to be flexible to cater to different styles.

*Co workers are friendly.

*Most enjoyable part of the job:Motivate the students to study and see them progress further
Pros
Satisfaction
Cons
Long distance to workplace
Conducting Lecture
Plan events

Following with students progress
Pros
Salary Scale
Cons
Work Life Balance
- Start work at 8am.
- Deal with students from all walks of life.

- Administrative duties.

- Organise events.

- Markings.

- Other duties.
Pros
Family oriented.
Cons
Many shoes to fill. Good for people who like to do a wide variety of work.