International SOS

International SOS Employee Reviews

Singapore29 reviews

InternationalSOS Technology Outlook Has a Bright Future

This company is moving towards cloud technology to accelerate the growth and adapt to evolving technologies and also to save costs in long term. Also this company is now practicing partnering with different vendors to have a world class IT service.

Workplace with no career structure

Performance appraisals are subjective often times and employees are maximized with no relative increase in compensation. This is a company to work for if one does not see any career growth in 5 years or more.

Good

Fast paced and challenging working environment. Collaborative team work with good benefits for employees. Good for anyone who likes challenges and fast paced working environment

industrious

strict and sound principle. understanding but unforgiving workplace required accuracy and hard work constantly changing needs constant learning very good teamwork

Work with Wonderful team

All teammates are very interactive and put together our hands for handling any kind of Major incidents. Managers are giving an opportunity to learn new projects to everyone.

A job is just a job

A truly global platform to hone leadership and management skills with Great diversity culture and competitive environment. Overall, Indeed fascinating.

Command and Control Culture

At International SOS, while the company core values of Passion, Expertise, Respect and Care are important enough to be included in the annual employee performance review and serve as criteria for employee nomination, they are rarely practiced.

Pros

diversity

Cons

lack of feedback

My experience was good, however...

...the recent transition with 'consolidation', 'regionalization', and 'globalization' is client and profit driven, not 'people' driven... if you know what I mean. Definitely not a passion driven organization.

Overall the work can be daunting but exciting.

I worked at Aspire Lifestyles and sadly, they have a horrid culture . The Manager is ineffective and constantly on smoke breaks with her staff who supposedly should be on the dial Biggest drawback is the high attrition rates there .They put staff on flex who show that they are more capable if they were properly hired with benefits . The culture sucked big time! I would like to see a revamp of this department if I ever were to return to it. CS is a terrible manager who goes on these smoke breaks and pretend to have the backing of her staff. A poorly organised department that needs a wake up call and management cleansing.

Pros

Good pantry and mingling with the medical, tricare staffers - Doctors are the friendliest and I have deep respect for them

Cons

Aspire Lifestyles needs a revamping big time

Good Place To work

My Position Was Terminated And My Department Was Closed Down Do To The Company Merger. So I Had To Apply For Another Work Employment. I Love Working For My Manager But My Department was No Longer Needed.

Pros

Great Benefits

Cons

Stressful

Productive and exciting work place

It is exciting to work in this company, you learn new things everyday. I became resilient, a team player and had an opportunity to work with people from different walks of life. I nowhave friends from all over the world!

Pros

Diverse

Cons

Hard Core

The worst work environment and culture I’ve ever worked in

International SOS was the worst work environment and culture I’ve ever encountered. The manager I worked for showed lor leadership and would routinely kick his subordinates under the bus for his own ineptness.

Pros

Free fruits that nobody wants anyway eg shrivelked up tangerines

Cons

Too many to name

Working in INTLSOS

Working with INTLSOS is fullfilling. Our team acknowledges work-life balance. The managers are approachable and helpful. I learned alot because we have a good team relationship.

Job & Work place

Nice environment with friendly management No job secure Most cultural programs Good relationship with other colleagues Learned multiple infrastructure management

Interesting workplace

It is a 24/7 service operator. We provide concierge/butler service via phone to end users Team work is the main goal as we help each other to source for restaurants, accommodation and also concert tickets overseas.

Pros

Monthly dinner

Cons

Long hours and difficult customers

An international company with local mindset

People are generally nice and helpful. Depending on the department, if you have western supervisor it is generally quite good, work culture can be open and rewarding. Company has recently starting to invest in IT infrastructure which can help to increase work efficiency.

Pros

Flexi-work arrangement, exposure to cross countries project.

Cons

Limited career advancement opportunity, networking is very necessary, uneven allocation of resources caused a lot of politics

Fast paced demanding

A fast paced, demanding environment with fellow hardworking and dedicated professionals who provide the best medical care or assistance to members seeking urgent or medical advice in any part of the world.

Pros

Dynamic work environment

Worldwide reach human touch

The company has very robust processes in place. They are helping to mitigate risks and alleviating the worries of members. It evidently demonstrates al the company's core values

Stressful and always busy

A typical day at work will be after daily transmission, we are assigned our duties to follow up, calling for appointments, medical reports and also with regards with claim status. As everyone is so busy to finish their assignment, no one really talk at work unless its work related. The hardest is when the cases and calls are too overwhelming and iit really brings down the morale of the team. And also they are always new updates on policies on a daily basis so it can quite difficult to keep up. As the company has relocated to Changi Business park, not really ideal for me who is staying in Woodlands. The most enjoyable is when we have 6 days off .

Pros

4 days off

Great People

Challenging environment and rewarding work. A company filled with compassionate and dedicated professionals who provide the best medical care available to remote and austere locations.

Great experience

Wonderful time in such an international oriented company culture. So many people from various backgrounds, countries, cultures, with great experiences and expertise which makes each day different form the others ones. The company went through strong turmoil from time to time which can be stressful but the fact that the core business is to save life gives the energy to face hard times, and the reward at the end is priceless. The other positive part of the job is the possibilities to discover new technologies or to join projects and teams with an expertise that motivate to take on new challenges.

Pros

People oriented

Ask a question about working or interviewing at International SOS. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

International SOS Reviews by Location