International SOS

International SOS Employee Reviews

InternationalSOS Technology Outlook Has a Bright Future

This company is moving towards cloud technology to accelerate the growth and adapt to evolving technologies and also to save costs in long term. Also this company is now practicing partnering with different vendors to have a world class IT service.

It’s what you make it

No support from management team. There is opportunities for advancement if you put in the effort, you just actually have to work. Some workers are hired with only standby oil field experience, and not qualified nor certified for the position they are in. Employees should have repercussions for poor work ethic and behaviour. I do understand the disciplinary process, and understand that disciplinary action to an employee is private, but the workers should know that it’s being dealt with.

Pros

The team is what makes it

Cons

Management and lazy workers

Enjoyable

Knowledgeable co workersExcellent training programApproachable management Tough budgets but if you achieve them. You are financially rewarded.I enjoyed working at ISOS

Pros

Good canteen

Fast-paced, and Employee-centered management

The working culture is fast-paced, but able to do it with the assistance of the team and leaders. Any company's activities will include employees, hence no awkwardness between top and bottom employees. The career advancement is okay since everyone have equal opportunity for training and learning advantages.

Not worth it

No direct and minimal support from head office/management. No opportunity for advancement. Hard working good employees don't get rewarded, and poor work ethic and unquailified workers don't get written up or terminate

Supportive

Couldn’t fault my own experience very supportive good team. Day rate could be a little higher but I guess anyone would say that they would like higher wage

Pros

Work life balance

Decent overall company!

Good company, lots of work as well. Most are camp related jobs, so you're fairly remote. A little understaffed but with covid, it's understandable entirely.

Pros

Tons of work

Cons

Long Hours

Excellent company

Would highly recommend working for this company. Given an opportunity to work in a new field and truly enjoyed it.The other staff members are wonderful, helpful and professional.

Pros

New opponents, excellent team, supportive, above average wage, flexible

Cons

Working out of town, unpredictable

Love working for International SOS

Everybody is great, all the staff and managers. Thank you for letting me work for you guys! So work schedule is 14 days on and 14 days off 12 hour shifts per day = more time with your family once your 14 days is over!

Pros

Free accommodation and food

Cons

There is poor support of the workers under poor management, they will keep a poor manager and make the workers suffer, rather than change.

They higher poor managers in lots of cases who intimidated and threatening their employees and contractors with termination if any mistakes are made. Lots of the people with this company end up leaving the company because of the hostile work environment. In two of my three postings I loved the people I worked with, in the third the upper management was absolutely terrible. When looking at this company I recommend looking at their turn over and which manager you will be under.

Environnement stimulant

Très belle expérience de travail. Employeur à l'écoute des besoins. Horaire stable.

Moderate work environment

Nurses are given more task to do along with triage patient your also doing the billing, data collection, and are on time restraint with each call. The benefits are great and the hours. The job is simple but time restraint make it hard. In order to give your enough time it doesn’t work.

Fun work place with good environmental

It's a good company with good working environment, with some relevant training. They gives good wages, entitled to medical assistance for the employee and his dependents.

Great experience doing important work.

Temporary contract employee. Travel assignment. Great pay and travel reimbursement Would love to work with them again.

Awesome people to work with. Great working environment. If you show good performance, although it takes time, there is a career path for you. Can get free treatment at the clinic for employee and dependent. Free lunch. Many trainings.

This was a Locums position

This was my first Locums position and I throughly enjoyed my patients and 99.9% of my team members. There were a few bad apples who did not appear to understand the mission and what the parameters we were expected to work within and their goals were unrealistic and therefore, made life miserable for those around them. Their condescending, rude demeanor did not last long and we remained and they were dismissed. The end goal was to make sure our AFGAN guests were given the best health care that we could afford them within the limits of our capabilities.

Pros

1. Met amazing people, 2. Saw how resilient others were, 3. Realized how similar we are, 4. Dispelled stereotypes about Afghani men.

Cons

1. Difficult to get birth control that was requested by patient.

Exciting environment with strong values at heart.

When working at International SOS, you become aware very quickly of who they are and where their values stand. The company is at the heart of medical and security services and it is very rewarding to be working in a company that makes such an impact on peoples lives. The office itself is a nice place to work, and the teams are passionate about what they do.

Workplace with no career structure

Performance appraisals are subjective often times and employees are maximized with no relative increase in compensation. This is a company to work for if one does not see any career growth in 5 years or more.

Fun and relaxed work place

International sos is an innovative company with excellence as it's core practice. but the salaries for nurses are very poor, nothing to write home about, no increments of any form, from the day you join the company to the day you leave

Productive workplace with many nice people.

Highly culturally diverse and dynamic workplace. The company frequently provides free meals to staff, especially on holidays. Busy but friendly work environment.

Pros

Friendly, professional, dynamic and culturally diverse work place.

Cons

Occasionally, unrealistic expectations of nursing staff.

Good for nurses

It’s a good place to work for a nurse who wants to escape clinical practice. Pay is better, and the working hours are much nicer. It can be stressful and hard work but certainly not more than on a busy ward

Ask a question about working or interviewing at International SOS. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• International SOS