Jacobs

Jacobs Employee Reviews

Singapore56 reviews
have to take much stress from demanding & unreasonable client and expected to give in to them most of the time even when we are right & they are wrong.

lack of resources and manpower & each RE is overstretched due to the volume of work being assigned as co cannot hire more manpower as each personnel is charged to client which client at most times refuse to pay for additional manpower.

lack of promotion and career progress and jobs are often insecure and not long term due to contract jobs being offered and a lack of project charge code means you will have to go if they cannot find another project for you to go to.
Pros
no work on staurdays
Cons
no promotion, lack of job security due to contract jobs
Good Experience, Different exposure, Team work, Site Experience. Good Colleges, Friendly, Good Attitude, Good Name, Flexible working hours, Good Environment.
With such large company your can easily get lost and sometimes lost a value. The management is ok. Opportunity to travel other offices all over the Globe.
panel interview that gets client or owner on the line Interviews covers your prospective job scope Your actual experience onsite and provide solution to the field subcontractors
You will enjoy to work here since everybody really helpful plus company policies that always listen to people voice. Any problem will be troubleshot immediately.
Work environment is very professional and very efficient. I have learned a lot from working there, and the people are very helpful. Would recommend people to work in that company.
When the Market gets Competitive and Challenging. we do have to keep up our challenges.
still, it's fun working with Jacobs. I do learn a new application from there in-house training and upgrades of new applications.
productive and fun work get good knowledge team work ,engaging get experience , learn lot of technologies and process methods / creativity and improve self knowledge experience
Just working with the project as Senior Estimator & done my very best in working for the best of my ability, Company is generally excellent but few in management especially on our project were not really good enough.
Jacobs management is very staff oriented regarding work life balance and they have tools to help their staff to cope with stress and mental health issues.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Jacobs?
Jacobs as EPC company, it has great values and esteem job culture. The major draw back in Singapore is, poor management with cruel politics and no opportunity for good staff as there are many bosses not leaders
Pros
good job culture
Cons
extremely unqualified managers
A diverse cultural society with opportunities to work in overseas and room for growth.
No hierarchy system and there is a great bond amongst the reporting officer and subordinates. Everyone is treated fairly and a fun place to work in.
- 42 hrs/ week for working hour.
- OT will get paid off as well.

- I've learnt more on how to work, coordinate, collaborate with team.

- Document Controlling System is quite well.

- Management looks good, and can be negotiable.

- Workplace culture is good, I supposed.

- Design changes with very tight schedule, is the hardest part of the job.

- Pay day is the most enjoyable part of the job, because OT would get paid off for any extra working hours.
Pros
SOP is quite well, and just follow up. Good care on quality and safety.
Cons
Job is not so secure and it depends on market demand.
You will have opportunity to learn more as the work demands more engineering skills. you will tend to learn more things. your confidence will improve definitely. But you may not get much recognition. Pay is not competitive.
Challenging projects with supporting Management that provides excellent support to field crew. Good learning environment. Good Work life balance and good technical support
Jacobs is a good company for every employee of the company, I workes as an Elctrical designer in Singapore branch, It was a memorable period in my life. I want to saty with my family that's why I left the company in 2014.
Pros
Flexible working hours and very goog salary
Cons
I was working Assistant Resident Engineer, position as clerk-of-work from CH2M side working together with Public Utility Board for New water project in Singapore. CH2M is good place to work. If you can work on as full time, I think that way better.
• Responsible model of equipments and piping for the Reactor, column, vertical & horizontal Vessels, Pump, Filter, Storage Tanks, Exchanger and interconnecting piping.
• Area as per Plot Plan and vendor input inline with Project Standards

• Checking and issuing of isometrics to stress and support group for analysis

• Preliminary MTO has been taken off

• Checking and commenting other discipline documents related to piping.

• Coordination with Process, Civil & Structural, Mechanical & Thermal Equipment, Machinery and package, E&I.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Part of a team of 3 Architects involved in designing a pharmaceutical factory. Produced and developed a design that is carried out to specific standards, guidelines, regulations and building code provisions, introducing new architectural trends and technological advancements for the project. worked closely and liaise with clients and other professional consultants
Encourage every staff to be competitive with other rival company by focusing on safety first, then productivity & progress. Supervisor handling one project is giving a free hand to show their capabilities to the fullest by engaging them in multi discipline project. Supervisors consider themselves as lead that will monitor the progress, quality & safety aspects of the project. He will be the eyes & ears of the Jacobs project manager & client project engineer/manager. Supervisor will report immediately to his superior if there is discrepancy in the progress reporting of the contractor including some discovery works.
Pros
Safety of everyone is top priority than anything else.
Cons
No incentives when working night shift.
worked with team, set up project schedule, reviewed vendors' documents, kept communication with home office when assigned in site, worked closely with contractor about tender.