JCPenney
JCPenney Employee Review

Great people to meet and be friends with. Although I am no longer there, I still stop in to say hello.

September 14, 2017
I worked there for awhile as a 2nd and 3rd job to cover the medical expenses that were left over from my hysterectomy. I learned how to repair jewelry, became diamond certified through online training, and I met a lot of fascinating people who I still see out and about today and remember the great customer service I gave them in finding that special piece of jewelry that they were looking for. The hardest part of the job was opening the ancient safe when opening the store on the weekend mornings since I have a Mon-Fri 8:30-5 job, so I would have to have assistance with that task. That is the safe that held jewelry repairs that customers were picking up. What I did learn is that management there was not always available when needed, especially for the new employees.
Pros
special lunches, fund raisers for the needy, and meeting goals
Cons
not getting out of work on time when the mall was already closed, and the long drive home after a 14 hour shift between 2 jobs