JCPenney
Coronavirus update
Information from JCPenney:

JCPenney Employee Reviews

Showing all 23,010 reviews
I was as a cashier. I would like talk and help people and have a conversation with them. I am a social person and happy in my life.

I had fun with my coworkers. I tried to do well my job as much as I could.
The work environment was very different and booming with different personalities. There were several stylus who are always happy and very willing to share and help with anything they could. The environment was always busy more over than anything. I got to learn techniques houses so what so what products did what. Etc. I got to experience customer service first hand and was nice !
Pros
Good pay, learned every day
Cons
Far drive
All that mattered was getting people to open credit cards. Almost forcing them into it. Very low pay especially for behind the scenes work where you are constantly running around doing a million things.
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
Pay culture management
I worked in the jewelry department and they never had enough staff to cover breaks and lunches. It seemed as if they just didn't care or were just so short staffed.
I’m proud to work for JC PENNEY. There’s never ending growth in the company. I am challenged every day to meet metrics, and proud once those metrics are met.
Y’all I worked here off and on for over two years and it was the most draining experience ever. Managements is horrible no matter where you go because it’s retail. I worked the customer service desk mainly, but they had me running every direction they could pull me, and never had enough coverage because they wouldn’t cross train anybody. They’ll take anybody they can because they’re desperate.
Good first job. Very flexible. Pay is desent. Great place to work. Managers were nice and helpful. Like working while l in Christmas. Great place to work
if you're a student it's good to work and make some money for your education but it can be stressful sometimes, especially during any holidays. overall nice place.
There are so many employees at JCP but I don't think most people who work there care about actually performing their duties well. I was only a temp worker but I already got the impression that no one really cares. Leadership also don't care; they just want the hours clocked in.
The managers and co workers are friendly and laid back. However, there’s no room for advancement no matter how long you’ve been with the company and how much knowledge you have
Pros
Managers and co workers friendly
Cons
No advancement opportunities
To say that we were understaffed is an understatement. Employee heath isnt taken Seriously among Covid. My job was threatened by the general manager if I didn't sell credit cards, I was to be fired.. Customers can steal with no consequences yet the staff are held accountable for not giving customer service. Customers have assaulted, screamed, stalked and harass employees but still continue to shop and aren't asked to leave. The facility is FILFTHY, there are mold spots on ceiling tiles and dust flying through the building, on everything. You couldn't pay me to work for this company again.
Pros
You can always work somewhere else.
Cons
Every aspect of working here.
I really enjoyed my time with JCP. Biggest concern was the climate of brick and mortar retail during the COVID 19 pandemic. Really great upper leadership I enjoyed my team very much
Pros
Diversity, inclusion, teamwork
Cons
Work life balance, covid
My experiences as a Merchandise Executioner Associate have been all
positive in my part-time position. I have found an exceptional team spirit

when working with most colleagues on a daily basis. The staff trained me at the beginning to know exactly what assigned duties I was to perform. I will look forward to returning to JCPenny in such a friendly cooperative work atmosphere. Additionally, I the management staff provided me with

occasional special projects as overseeing the distribution of coupons and

providing customers with necessary shopping carts and bags during the

holiday seasons. I directly was involved in solving customer situations

when they were unable to locate a retail item.

Meantime, I do need to be employed, and I require moving on to other opportunities as they present themselves.
Pros
Continued retail setting education. Friendly atmospnere
Cons
Lunch breaks for Part-time employees were only 20 minutes
I worked for JCP at the Boulevard Mall before it closed. It was a great place to work, although I personally feel it was a great spot to start off at a really young age.
Pros
Met some great people, gained experience
Cons
Being on your feet & starting pay was really low.
Definitely not the best job I’ve ever had. That might be because I’m used to fast pace work. Please do not try and go to a retail job and you’re used to fast pace work your feet will hurt all the time and will spend most the time standing around doing nothing which will drive you crazy. The pay was OK for only working a five hour shift which is all they would let me work being a sales associate. The hours went by so slow. Some of my coworkers were very rude, And thought very highly of themselves. You ask for help and most of the time some people want to help you.
But the main take away from this job I would say, is if you cannot Have at least Three or four customers sign up for a JCPenney’s credit card don’t expect to keep your job because they will terminate you in the first month Without even telling you.
Pros
Eh pay
Cons
Less than 30 hours a week, only one 15 minute break, & rude co-workers
It is the management at each point in time.
Those who belong or related the top management do not work for the company but are paid

Job attitude is very poor.

The hardworking ones continues to bear the brunt and the load of those idle marauders. It is the serious and hardworking ones that are always at the receiving end and if you complain, you suffer for it.. Cant recomend
Pros
Cons
Allow the hardworking ones to suffer
The managers are very supportive and see potential in employees. You develope bonds not only with employees but customers too. Being able to help customers is the most rewarding.
Pros
You develope long time bonds with employees & customers and great discounts.
Cons
Some customers can be rude
good experience. minimum wage. crazy hours. decent managers. no room to move up. Flexible schedule. lenient call in protcol. black friday is pretty chill.
While working at JCP the managers were always looking out for your behalf and trying to make it a pleasant day while working your shift.Company discount was was as good as any i know and from time to time they offered additional discounts.
Pros
Fun place to work if you new what you were doing when you signed up to work
Cons
sometimes did noy get enough hours
Used to really enjoy working here. But everything went downhill after the only good manger was let go. Management is now awful. Highly unstructured work environment, nobody knows where anyone is or what’s going on. A harassing Lod that micromanages everything anyone does. Along with personally harassing me. Be prepared to have minimal training before going out on the floor.
Pros
30 min break
Cons
Everything else
There was never a dull moment. If you like to stay busy and meet new people this would be a great place to do so. The thing i liked most about working there was the fact the you always have room to grow and move up...... with that being said you have to work hard for it!
Pros
Associate Discount, your team becomes your family
Cons
the uncertainty of retail
7.2K