JCPenney
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

JCPenney Employee Reviews for Cashier/Sales

Ever since I started working here, the management have always been kind and understanding. My training from my first few months here gave me experience to do really good at my job. All the coworkers are friendly and easy to get along with. I’ve learned so far that providing the customers helpful customer service is what makes them appreciate you for what you do. The one thing that I have not appreciated from working here is the company’s minimum wage and small annual raises.
Pros
Associate Discount, Friendly Coworkers, Flexible Hours
Cons
Still paid minimum wage, Raises not often
They definitely put their employees and customers 1st! They were constantly giving us some sort of incentive. I worked here one Christmas just for fun. I absolutely LOVED it!
Horrible, they pick with you if you don’t do things at they pace, VERY RUDE AND UNPROFESSIONAL. Had a hurricane warning in my area besides going somewhere safe they wanted me to come to work.
The workers only talk to people they know and you only get a lot of hours if you’re good friends with the managers. There’s a lot of freedom though with when you take your lunch and you can easily ask for different times to work.
All of the management is for the people is for their employees. They have a great cashier supervisor it does not make you feel intimidated at all very approachable all of the employees and the customers even are fantastic
I've been working here for awhile. The store has it's ups and downs. It definitely needs remodeling...registers are outdated, the store is dusty! The store needs more organization to run better!
Working at this company was great. Flexible hours were great as well since I personally had school and extracurricular activities to attend which made my schedule very manageable.
This company was very organized when it came to addressing issues woth employees the proper way, but the company treated there employees like family with high expectations
very professional ,needs to be fair when it comes to people of color and their pay but for the most part its not bad at all if your really determined and if you really want to work.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at JCPenney?
I enjoy my experience with Jcpenny and I plan on using my experience and another place. Jcpenny has offered me many new opportunities that I was never able to get and I’m thankful for that.
I started working when I was in college and the managers are very nice and worked with my changing schedule. The other employees are easy to work with which makes the work environment pleasant.
The job was easy, not hard to learn and know what to do. You can learn a lot there, mostly about customer service and how to handle money. The managers aren’t the best but the job is good.
Overall JcPenneys is a good place to work, but with a pay rate lower than any other place. I honestly loved working there, but just didn’t see any growth
I had a great time working there, i made a lot of friends with the other workers and mangement. it was just a seasonal job for the winter so i can make some money to get my family some gifts for christmas.
Good place to work, unfortunately the hours are not available unless part time is what you're looking for. Management is great, very employee orientated. Co-workers great attitude to work with.
Customer service Greetings Learned how to fold different Money exchange Learned to make sales Stocked up after store closing Loved all the managers
I was really just thrown in not knowing what I was doing. The management was all over the place. They would have you doing one thing and turn around and have you do something totally different. They made quite a few people quit dude to them yelling at them.
It was pretty good. They are going to give you a lot of hours and it was like a second family for me but I moved to Texas City so I could not stay and work in Houston.
It’s a good job but need to be payed a dollar more for a comfortable stay and you have to have patience and stay calm with dealing with the customers because they get loud mouthed and don’t care
I worked here for about 4 months & I loved it, it was the best job I met a lot of people I got to talk to new people everyday all of my coworkers were very friendly as soon as I started working there
Working at jcpenney is a great start to learning how to work with others as a team and helping costumers. Also a great way to better your communication skills.