JCPenney
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from JCPenney:

JCPenney Employee Reviews for Cashier/Sales

Ever since I started working here, the management have always been kind and understanding. My training from my first few months here gave me experience to do really good at my job. All the coworkers are friendly and easy to get along with. I’ve learned so far that providing the customers helpful customer service is what makes them appreciate you for what you do. The one thing that I have not appreciated from working here is the company’s minimum wage and small annual raises.
Pros
Associate Discount, Friendly Coworkers, Flexible Hours
Cons
Still paid minimum wage, Raises not often
Staff/ LOD’s were rude most times for no reason. Never gave us specific tasks but expected workers to do things when a lot of times there was nothing to be done.
The manager was very unfriendly very unfair lost a lot of people because of her The job itself was rewarding helping people out I worked in curtains and loved helping people decorate
Working at JCPenney would usually be checking people out, helping people with anything they needed. Peer pressure from trying to get people to apply for credit cards.
Not a bad place to work they offer employee discount and usually have a good schedule Having to ask each customer if they do not have a Penney’s charge card to do application was not one of my favorites things
Dont expect to have a life. Working here is extremely consuming. The management is over baring. They will change your schedule with no warning. I had my schedule changed the morning of my shift. It's hard to balance life and work.
Pros
Loved my job
Cons
Messy managment
For the most part, seems like managers know what to do to get through their shift but doesn’t seem like they work together as often to make shifts a bit easier. Also with scheduling, the supervisors or HR don’t seem to work together either, and don’t give great hours.
Cashier, towards the end of the day all of the associates helped clean the store and put clothes together. I learned more about customer service. Management was decent. Not too involved. I liked my co-workers very much. Only part I disliked were the late hours the workers had to stay sometimes left around 12am.
Wasnt there long. I wasnt scheduled for a whole week and then got a call asking where I was, told them the schedule didnt have me on it and they saud I had to check every day? So I let, because I needed reliability and a steady schedule.
Pros
money for bills
Cons
poor management
We had a new manager this year. He was very friendly and outgoing. He even helped out on the floor at times which was unusual as the previous manager that I worked with stayed in her office most of the time. I was always treated fairly and felt if I had any questions, they would be answered. A good place to work!
Hours were flexible. Helping customers find merchandise were appreciative. Had difficulty at first trying to put merchandise from dressing room back on the floor. Hardest part of letting everyone go after the holidays.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Let you go after holidays.
A typical day at work is usually slow, which can be a food thing, letting associates and I get more stuff done around the work area. I’ve learned generally how retail stores work and about the product that is sold.
It was a great experience working at JCPENNY... I love working with the customers and helping customer find clothes and shoes and etc. When u have happy customers. They will continue to come back
The way they do and say things weren't not helpful. You didn't have the amount of hours you wanted. I felt I wasn't treated in a respectable way. No organization.
Everyone in management are friendly and call you if they need you to come in. Work well with schedules for school and other things. A lot of friendly people.
I worked here for a long time and they overwork you for little pay. It’s also not a very positive work environment. I would only recommend this job for high school students
It is exciting to work here they work with your Schedule You meet new people and have a great team to work with I learn so much how to communicate more with costumers
I worked there for a seasonal gig and I was ready to be let go after it all BUT what I wasn't ready for was to be thrown into the floor with NO HELP I was not trained correctly, favoritism was a huge role played working in this facility the women who hired me would constantly try and downplay my successes and make me feel Inferior on purpose I can't be in an environment where the "leader" is constantly bringing down the workers just so she can stay at the top I was dead on my feet everyday they will work you to the Bone and then wonder why you are tired ...highly DONT recommend working here I have a very long work stamina but working here was just to much
Pros
• some co-workers were very friendly and kind
Cons
• I was not trained by anybody • they get mad when you ask for help • not very team oriented
I love working at JC Penny, even though the pay suck and the management do people wrong. They will lay u of without telling you. One min you have hrs then the next min you are on the schedule but with no hrs and no one talks to you about this.
Working here was a great experience it showed me how to deal with the customers additude and also it shows how you should always have a smile on your face...
Jcpenney it’s a great company to work for , there manage awesome and they are fixable with their schedule. The first reason got me there is schedule time because I was going to college. Second is there’s 25% associate discount. So I do recommend this company.