JCPenney
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from JCPenney:

JCPenney Employee Reviews for Cashier/Sales

Ever since I started working here, the management have always been kind and understanding. My training from my first few months here gave me experience to do really good at my job. All the coworkers are friendly and easy to get along with. I’ve learned so far that providing the customers helpful customer service is what makes them appreciate you for what you do. The one thing that I have not appreciated from working here is the company’s minimum wage and small annual raises.
Pros
Associate Discount, Friendly Coworkers, Flexible Hours
Cons
Still paid minimum wage, Raises not often
At both stores I worked at the store management was very good. Corporate management changed so often you never knew what to expect. They are a good company to work for
Pros
Good starter job
Cons
You never know what corporate is doing
Everyone was nice and helpful. They made sure you were trained the correct way and efficiently. Management was amazing and helped with schedules and making sure it was all good.
It is a very easy job with lots of other good employees. However, there are a few people that were unfairly fired. The schedule is flexible with other schedules.
I worked there for a while and I didn’t enjoy it. I wasn’t trained properly and made many mistakes that I wouldn’t have made if I had been trained. By far, one of my least favorite jobs.
It is a very lovely place to work especially because of the very friendly staff members. They make you feel very welcome Being my first job in America gave me opportunity to interact with customers and learnt how they react when they are not satisfied with our services The hardest part of the job is the very long hours you have to stand on your feet ..
Barely above average experience while employed by JCPennys. Underappreciated and overall felt the store handling was disorganized. More job security or growth opportunities would have helped. Ok for a temporary part time job.
The pay is what the state start pay. Plus $ 2.00 extra if customer FILLED out a credit card and got approved. That's what the Managers focused on. They hire for seasonal and if you don't get enough people to fill out credit card application and get approved they look down on you. And let you go at the end of the seasonal work
Pennies is one of the biggest department stores in the country, and many job seekers view it as an attractive place to work. typical day at work is keeping the store clean and presentable. The staff smiles and is always greeting customers. The most enjoyable part about working is getting sales and keeping the customers satisfied.
Great place to work . It was friendly and family oriented environment. The management staff was awesome as well. The pay and benefits was great to. Slow and fast pace.
They do not treat people fairly... I was fired for a lie... I was told in August 2018 about doing a credit card without I’d... which was a lie... it took manager till oct 24 to fired me... 8 years with a company I gonna put my job on the line for 2.00... 2 months no warning no write up.. Something is definitely wrong in that store.. it has happen to many people wrongful termination...
Management was very laid back, great associates to work with everybody was nice. Only problem was that management would push the credit cards too much. Unrealistic time windows to complete tasks at work.
The staff was very welcoming and this was a fun place to wok for the holidays. I enjoyed helping customers with their purchases. The discounts helped me provide a good christmas for my family.
Poor mangement skills . Not enough training for employees.. And they put you all over allwats making sure u sbmitballot of credit cards for therir company..
Its a very fun place to work but the pay and hours isn't that good. The store it self is was to big and its not that fun to work at to many bad customers.
This was my first job, I learned so much, really enjoyed working here if I could go back I would. The managers were very understanding helped out with any questions, they explained everything very well.
They could use some small improvements while managing. Personally, they worked pretty good with outside activities when having to request off. They could improve in that area a little more. Overall, they’re motivating and know what their doing. They work as a team.
Managers consistently ignore employees, lack of communication, made minors work over the legal time, They ignore the 6 month raise or wont tell you about it, Constantly ignore safety issues, customers consistently angry at confusing sales, Short breaks or breaks taken away or cut in half. Lots of managers giving multiple different directions leaving employees confused. Would pay new employees more who had less experience, Management ignoring harassment. Constantly making you stay longer than scheduled, throwing employees to different departments if short staffed knowing the employees are not aware of another departments sales or merchandise. Customers would violate dressing rooms with their urine or feces expecting employees to lean it up, would expect employees to put themselves in unsafe or unsanitary conditions.
Pros
Ocasionally able to leave on time.
Cons
It was the worst job experience
Enjoyed my employment at JCPenny very kind and awesome staff! Miss them very much and I am very grateful for the experience I gained working there. Somewhat Challenging yet the guidance of the management team helped a lot. A great place to gain customer service, and sales skills.
-great environment -somewhat fast paced -attention to detail good to work at if a student. amazing experience. help customers do not be afraid to get credit applications.
Payed good money, got along with all the customers and co workers. Always was on time for work . Learned how to be responsible and take care of myself .
Pros
Money was good
Cons
Not enough hours