JCPenney
Coronavirus update
Information from JCPenney:

JCPenney Employee Reviews in Ann Arbor, MI

Ann Arbor, MI26 reviews
feels like a family. Fun workplace. Good experience. Fast pace. They take the time to train you. You can move up in the career. They're understanding.
I appreciated them hiring senior citizens, I really liked working for them over the holidays, I love their products, the Ann Arbor store was clean and well organized. Management and employees friendly and helpful. I really liked working with the customers , the bad thing about JCPENNEY is if you are hired as a cashier they put more emphasis on getting credit card applications than catering to the customers. They have 10 minutes meeting every morning and 8 out of the 10 min they talk about getting credit applications. I left because I thought I was hired for cashiering and customers assistance not to push credit card applications.
Pros
Great products, great employees and management.
Cons
Emphasizing and pushing credit card card applications
Bittersweet time at a good place to work..i enjoyed my time working there. The competitive atmosphere helped me be more driven and confident..eeven in my everyday life..THANKS JCPENNEY
They didn’t give me hardly any hours. They didn’t seem to care about training new people. All they cared about, was if you got any customer to sign up for a credit card.
People are rude. Managers are miserable. Petty. Everything is about opening credit cards. Really annoying. Underpaid. Too little hours except at christmas.
A typical day at work is assisting customer with inquires about merchandise. Organizing merchandise, recovering merchandise from fitting room and working on cash register.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Low work moral
Although it was a more relaxed environment, there was only one person in management that made sure everything was running smoothly throughout the whole store. For anyone who's been there, you know it's a pretty big store. It was hard knowing what to do and where to go when I started because that one and only manager was always busy.
Pros
great lunch areas
Cons
lost
Working here has its ups and downs like any other job. But when management does not match with the flow of the store than everything is off.The staff if personalities are normal can be cool to work with.
I worked for customer service and I was also a Bra Specialist. I would check people out but, I would also help women find the perfect fit. I learned a lot about dealing with all kinds of people of all ages. The management was perfect when I first started but after a while we got newer and younger managers and it started to go downhill from there. My coworkers were awesome, I made a lot of long term friends here. Everyone was very helpful with each other and majority of us got along great. The hardest part of the job is the angry customers, especially the ones that argue. The most enjoyable part was the nice customers and interacting with them.
Its a great way to start and build you career, the job offers lots of support and movement to higher teers in the company.it also has a high demand for walkins so it makes it easier to build youself up in the industry.
Pros
lunch
Cons
demand of clients
Some days are fast-paced and busy and others are slow-paced and drag, it all depends on the day and season. It's very enjoyable as long as you have co-workers and managers that you get along with. Some customers really make you love and enjoy the job.
Enjoyed the people I work with. Benefits and Pay not good. No annual raises and always overly encouraged to sell products.
Pros
nice atmosphere
Cons
no raises
Poorly managed, and advancement is nearly impossible. If they find a good, motivated worker, they will work that person to the point of quitting. I worked at two separate stores and found that that was the case in two totally different locations. Co-workers can be unmotivated because management does not manage effectively.
Pros
Great associate discount
Cons
Great employees are often treated the worst
Interacting with customers and providing support to other sale associates.
Managing sales and price changes.

Keeping the store clean and organized.
Jcpennies is an interesting place to work at where you get lots of customer service experience. You learn how to handle extremely busy situations at a register as well as all sorts of customer complaints.

If you don't have a cheerful and positive attitude, then this job is not for you. A resilient mood goes a long way also.
It was a wonderful job! Too bad that it was only temporary, hired help for the holiday season. I loved the diversity of customers, helping with the merchandise, learning and growing.
Pros
It was easy to speak with management.
Cons
Long bus waits to come or go.
A great place to advance in your skills as a hairstylist. My co-workers are great and I love the fact that no one is above helping one another.
Pros
advance training
Cons
healthcare
They really worked with my complicated and limited schedule and still gave me 35 hours per week.
A typical day would include operating cash registers and keeping fitting rooms clean. Sometime you have to replenish the sales floor with merchandise. I learned that providing customer service is enjoyable but not always easy. Most, but not all of the management team are unfair in almost everything they do. Co-workers were always extremely easy to get along with. The hardest part of this job would be dealing with difficult customers and putting up with some of the manager's shenanigans. The best part of the job is the environment.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Short breaks, took away part-time benefits, unfair with raises
My typical day at work started with morning meetings, checking any messages on voicemail, greeting any customer that needed assistance, and preparing the optometrist for there day. I learned that communication, organization, time management, schedule making, and a great staff can make a job easy and successful. As a manager although it may be challenging at times I enjoyed being able to resolve customer issues as well as show my employees how to resolve any issue whether it be a customer issue, adjusting glasses, how to prepare the doctor for day, or using the computer. The hardest part of my job was when the customer was not satisfied. Although it may have been disappointing for the customer and I, I got to know a lot of great people. The most enjoyable part of my job was all the great people I got to work with as well as my customers. My job allowed me to sit down with people discuss and inform people about what they were investing, being satisfied with there investment, and returning for any optical needs.
Pros
Health Benefits, comissions, free lunches, paid travel time
Cons
working 7 days a week, long hours
Deliver an excellent customer service experience including selling, suggesting additional related merchandise, maintaining merchandise stocks, and store appearance. developing both new and existing customer relationships..