JCPenney

JCPenney Employee Reviews in Boynton Beach, FL

Its a company for temporary employment not permanent employment.
The company has changed drastically over the years. It was a company that took care of there employees but it is now a company that has lost focus of the associates which are what keeps the bussiness going as a whole.
This job is based on commission
They start you out with normal hours but if you’re not a person who’s good at making sales then this job isn’t for you. Within a few weeks your hours will be deducted without anyone notifying you. I found out from former employees that you’re only valued for the amount of credit cards you sell. If you don’t sell the minimum amount that’s required then expect to have your hours drastically cut the following week without notice.
a typical day was sent walking the floor
I enjoyed working at JCPenney because I could pretend shop while still observing possible shoplifters. Learning about different ways a person will attempt to shoplift.
Pros
worked with my part time schedule
Cons
No promotion in place or incentives for part time
Receive and Disburse money to Customers
Fun place to work in and very friendly

Meet and Greet the customers entering the store

process credit and debit cards Transactions
Very relaxed but can be faster paced on certain days
I worked there on a very limited time and my hours were inconsistent.i did enjoy my time there but am looking for new experience to further aid future success.
Pros
Health care
Cons
Short brakes
Great Company
The company its self is a great company but the employees at the site I worked at was a different story. I had one of the worst experiences of my work history working there.
Pros
The pay Rate
Cons
Everyone of the sites management.
fashion fun
help customers with purchases.. straighten out clothing racks ,, help supervisor with markdowns and auditing of merchandise.. closing and counting out cash register.
Pros
discount on clothes
Cons
pay was not great
Good
I love this job it with the best job ever I ever had but I had to stop because I had issue problems with having daycare with my children at night time.
Pros
Ok
Cons
Ok
The most enjoyable part of the job
The most enjoyable part of the job is, when you get to know your coworkers, your customers, you work as a team with your coworkers, and get to know each other more then just coworkers.
Not a secure job
Management was not effective.Team is very understanding and works hard to make sure employees are happy.However, at any given time you could be let go. Job stability here is nonexistent.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
even you did explained to manager your reason to be absence, they still fired you
fun co-workers and upbeat place
My hours were slowly decreasing until there was 0 hours. When I contacted management I never got to speak to the manager, they just keep referring me to the wrong person. Working there wasn't bad though just hate the way management handled my situation.
Pros
Nice co-workers
I liked working for JCP
I have worked for JCP in two different states on more than one occasion. It has always been a good fit for me, when I needed a job. I like the interaction with customers.
Good Job for starters and long-term career.
Working here not only taught me more about selling products, but also providing excellent customer service. I was always gentle and respectful with my visitors and it surely paid off. You also get great benefits from working here as well. Despite the busy holidays like Black Friday, the paycheck surely compensates for all the craziness. Overall the job is pretty good if you just keep a positive view on things and make the most out of each day!
Pros
Talking to customers, employee holiday dinners, pay (for starters)
Cons
Mean customers (sometimes), having to clean up merchandise (clothing, accessories, etc.)
JC Penney is an awesome company to work for.
JC Penney is an awesome place to work, however because it is only seasonal work my hourly rate and schedule is not that great. The managers are awesome and I work with a group of people that work excellent as a team. Sometimes the customers can be challenging but there is always a manager available to assist you immediately and give you direction should you be faced with the same issue in the future. The most enjoyable part of the job is I get along with all of my co-workers and everyone is there to assist and work together as a team.
Pros
Awesome Teamwork
Cons
The job is only seasonal
Productive , Family
JCPenney is a wonderful place to work the salon manager is wonderful the workers are great its a wonderful team . Very nice continuing education classes provided .
Pros
Great enviroment
Cons
seasonal not well advertised
Associates generally did not do their job.
I was a cashier, promoted guests getting a credit card, and put items in order on the table. Most guests were very difficult to work with. I learned some patience but was horrified how people would treat us.

I had never been discriminated against and this happened with guests and the people I worked with.

Management was terrible. If you did someone wrong, he would yell very loadly to correct you on the sales floor. It made the customers very uncomfortable and many left the store. He was very prejudice and when he started he let go several white people and hired many black people.
Pros
Discount on items in the store
Busy
It's ok if your one of there favorites. One fl mgr was always very rude and yelling,very unprofessional no the job for her!!!
Pros
Good discounts.
Cons
Equipment nds updating.
Fun loving place to work
Great place to work especially in the jewelry department. Excellent team spirit and professional customer service.
Pros
free lunches and snacks at celebrations and profit gains
Cons
short lunch
Everyday Plan
Just went in and jumped right into my work I do my work first and joke off the clock I never play while I'm at work.
it's been a learning experience
i have been promoted to supervisor
learning new and exiting things

co-workers has been so cooperative

the hardest thing is leaving on time

my day goes fast...always busy
Pros
p
Cons
c
Constant learning environment
JCP is a great company to work for. Medical benefits are offered even if you are a part-timer. The co-workers at JCP are so cool and down to earth. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping people and seeing the customers happy and satisfied with their selections.
7K