JCPenney
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from JCPenney:

JCPenney Employee Reviews in Bridgeport, WV

● Work-life balanceThey are flexible with student schedules.● ManagementDecent when it comes to successfully running a business, but could use some improvement.● OverallThe community is made up of great people that make the job environment fun and welcoming. I feel highly skilled and secure in my current position, but feel as if my fellow associates could be trying a little harder with their customer service.
Love the management and that they work with my schedule I need and they r very understandable and I which they had the hours to give me what I want to work
Pros
Not getting my hours
Cons
Love the flexibility hours
Started off great but when health issues became a problem, hours were cut and never given back after out of hospital. Went from working 40 hours a week to 20 and didn’t get paid equally to others
JC Penney was a pleasant place to work. I worked in sales with commissions. Management was helpful in any way the could be. At the time, I enjoyed working retail.
The company is a good one to work for but there is mismanagement going on at the local store that makes working there unpleasant. Employees were made to feel as if they didn't matter and no consideration was taken for them having personal lives. The company has a great Golden Rule and pays fairly based on previous employment. There are many instances for upward movement if you show promise and are a hard worker.
Pros
Decent pay, MTO balance, affordable healthcare
Cons
Management, work/life balance, environment
relaxed good people and it was relaxed passed and the customer and staff are always friendly and happy to help easy to fellow the staff and it was always fun
Pros
no drama
Cons
not enough money
JC Penney was a very first good job for me. I made a lot of enjoyable memories with the kind employees and management team. This company is very welcoming and always makes you feel at home during your work time.
My friend helped me get a job here and I loved it from the start. The associates are all kind and welcoming and they'll help you if you need anything.
Pros
Discounts
JCPenney's was my first job . I loved it there and got to work in many different departments. Had great work environment and employees and management. Overall Great place to work just need more compensation.
I worked there for awhile as a 2nd and 3rd job to cover the medical expenses that were left over from my hysterectomy. I learned how to repair jewelry, became diamond certified through online training, and I met a lot of fascinating people who I still see out and about today and remember the great customer service I gave them in finding that special piece of jewelry that they were looking for. The hardest part of the job was opening the ancient safe when opening the store on the weekend mornings since I have a Mon-Fri 8:30-5 job, so I would have to have assistance with that task. That is the safe that held jewelry repairs that customers were picking up. What I did learn is that management there was not always available when needed, especially for the new employees.
Pros
special lunches, fund raisers for the needy, and meeting goals
Cons
not getting out of work on time when the mall was already closed, and the long drive home after a 14 hour shift between 2 jobs
I was able to gain a lot of sales experience and the inner workings of the retail business -- also some of the requirements on how to advance into management.
Pros
good entry job
I enjoy working at JCPenneys. I enjoy my co workers and customers. Its a good environment where everyone gets along. Theyre pretty good at working with your schedule.
Pros
Great associate discount
Cons
Lack of Full Time Positions
very fast pace, interacting with a variety of people, I have learned a lot about merchandising, enjoy the people I work with.
hardest part of job, keeping up with the fitting rooms. most enjoyable part was meeting new people. got along fine with co-workers and management . learned the value of good customer service. typical day would be: get to work, check in, go to missses' department, straightened clothes on shelves that were messy, check fitting rooms for unwanted clothing to be returned to register, and check clothing on display to see if it had to be straightened.
Pros
gained workplace experience
Cons
faster pace around christmas eve
Overall this was a good place to work, everyone was friendly and seemed to enjoy their jobs.