JCPenney

JCPenney Employee Reviews in Brookfield, WI

Working at Jc Penney is a normal job that has its ups and downs. Sometimes is fun and sometimes is very irritating to even be there. It’s not a very cultural place, only a little diverse.
Pros
Benefits and Fair pay
helped customers pick out frames, place eyeglass and contact orders, schedule exams, check in orders, bill insurances, learned more on how to adjust glasses, great management, easy going co workers, easy to get along with, hardest part not enough hours, and working retail hours, enjoyable part was the learning experiences and the company picnics.
The most enjoyable part of working at JCPenney is making very customer smile by helping their needs!
Pros
Benefits, discounts, experience
Cons
Short breaks, limited hours/pay
I didn't like this job because it was seasonal. I worked here two season but didn't understand why I wasn't hired on, so I was kind of disappointed I guess.
Working at a portrait studio was a fun. Taking the photographs was always fun because I was able to work with so many different people and they wanted different types of pictures. The serious part was counting the number at the end of each night and making sales.
if I worked in a non-commissioned area such as women dept ; empty fitting rooms, checked out merchandise for customers, ordered items that were not readily available in store; merchandised. how to handle difficult customers, face-to-face encounters. providing customer service; empowered to make the customer happy with out having to call in management for every decision. they were not team players, and vey immature and childish, constantly complaining and not helpfu. The hardest part of the job was working various hours and not knowing if you were going to get any hours for the week. The customers
Pros
employee discount
Cons
lack of work hours available, favoritism, being assigned to a dept that was not preferred
A typical day at work putting out new merchandise, preparing for sales, good management for the hours of the day that I worked5:00am - 10:00am. Co-workers were great to work with we made a good team. No hard part to the job all went well, the most enjoyable was getting off at 10:00am because I still had the whole day for myself.
Pros
lots of discounts
Cons
two ten minute breaks health insurance n/a
I really enjoyed the overall experience working at JCPenney. The company itself is a great place to work for and is active in its local community's. For example, there are or were while I was there, monthly drives to donate to the United Way. However, with recent company restructuring, job security became a paramount concern and eventually lead me to leave this company.
Pros
fast paced, freindly work environment
Cons
job security