JCPenney
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from JCPenney:

JCPenney Employee Reviews in Dallas, TX

great work place everyone is very friendly. The employees make sure everyone is ok and if they need help they will not hesitate to help you. I was on a temp
You can be yourself and come up with all the creative ideas you want! Your opinion always matter and you are always included to feel as if you are part of a team culture!
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
This job helped me with communication skills and productivity. There is always something to do so time will go by fast. The hardest part of the job was closing.
Work Place face paced environment when business is flowing. A lot of on the job training to keep up with trend. Management was good and flexible. Learned to pass my self in the work place.
Manny different positions offered very creative very professional nice environment good benefits travel good personal good advancement good retirement
Pros
excellent work environment
Cons
Management was horrible and made it obvious they don’t care about the employees. Only cared about us getting customers to sign up for their credit card. If you didn’t, you were barely scheduled for the following week. Could definitely tell who was favored by the managers and who wasn’t. Some customers were nice and made the job tolerable, others made me want to quit that same day. Payment stays the same unless you get people to sign up. Some days they wouldn’t pay for overtime. Breaks were only 15 minutes and during busy days, it was cut to 10 minutes. Horrible experience.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks, poor management, favoritism
Retail Sales can be stressful and demanding. Skill and patience helps. Being knowledgeable of your department and product is a plus. Ok to work in retail, very tiresome at times.
Pros
Skill, able to relate to people, know your product.
Cons
30 minutes break, benefits, special events in store for employees and custpmers.
JC Penney was known for excellent management training and opportunity to grow. They had integrity and was overall a good place to work if you wanted to be in retailing.
i had my best working experience with JCPenney an USA based company . I got opp to learn a lot and had great team of people to work the Regional Manager was very professional and took great pride in the Mumbai office and personally trained each and every member of the office. the work culture was very good salaries was way above the market excellent perks best company to work and learn
Pros
best company
Cons
i wish i would work longer
Poor place to grow and contribute. Company can't change to be competitive with other retailers and Amazon. Operating model is very flawed and requires drastic change to become employee and customer centric.
I enjoyed this position. The culture in the department was good cause being in finance required quietness. This is different from a school environment. The opportunity to learn a lot of different things and advance within the department.
Pros
Room for advancement
Cons
The distance
This job was part-time after having a new baby. The hours worked great for my husband & I because we couldn't afford a babysitter. Once my son turned 3 years old. I found a full-time job.
Loaded software desktop to test Windows SP2. Deference approach to software development. Management was very supported.Great place to work. Test the the structure changes in house software changed the windows interment.Completing the project.
Pros
Working in a retail business
Cons
Having to leave
I worked in JCPenney for a number of years and I found it a good place to grow to learn and to meet lots of interesting people. I found JCP to be a fair and helpful place of employment.
it is an okay place to work if you really need a job . work schedule is tough and can be changed with short notice. work atmosphere is okay but pay scale is really low as compared to the work load.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
late evenings and work on major holidays
great discount. depends on which dept. and what manager u r working under. as long as you are opening you credit accounts. you will be appreciated by everyone. its get competitive at times .
This was one of the roughest jobs I've ever had. Its way to much to even explain. The whole company is having hard ships which makes it very hard to want to stay working there because there is no job security.
I ran the women's and men's shoe dept. worked on the the cash register the discount is the main thing I loved. Was a lot of nice people always come thru
fun place fast paced work environment great cutomer service friendly dsiverse customers and coworkers great ways to advance in company willing to learn and train
long standing traditions that include making JCP a great place to work. many changes with the new leadership. Concerns over the direction of the company
Pros
flexibility
Cons
poor work life balance
JC Penney is a good company that is trying to reinvent itself to stay abreast of their competitors in their market segment. They were one of the first companies to develop an online presence.