JCPenney
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from JCPenney:

JCPenney Employee Reviews in Dallas, TX

great work place everyone is very friendly. The employees make sure everyone is ok and if they need help they will not hesitate to help you. I was on a temp
Overall the job itself is fine, you stay pretty busy with your work in stocking and replenishing but the Collin Creek location is extremely unorganized, they don't have specific job titles for their employees they're all over the place with the work load. For example, stock team has to help replenish what wasn't done the night before, also has to help the visual team and also helps the pricing team which makes everything that stock team has to do become backed up. They have favoritism, they only promote those they favor and have MEN working in the back doing the simple things and the woman overall do the most work, putting out merchandise, processing, everything else the store needs to have done. So NO I wouldn't recommend working there.
Needs better trained personnel. Unreliable hours. Work times change without notice. It is hard to do the job hired for when the duties change on a dime. Some of the people are exceptionally talented, however the talents are being under utilized and go unrecognized.
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
Unreliable work hours
This is a great company to work for. They value their employees and they are very flexible with your schedule. The pay is average on the sales floor but they have the best pay for stylists in the industry.
If you can relocate and have great cultural leadership, you can provide great leadership to this company. Typical day is to review workload and manage workforce based on daily/weekly volume.
Great company to learn product development/design, sourcing, planning, forecasting, inventory management, & various other categories. My experience has given me a complete overview of how merchandise is launched from inception to the retail floor.
Pros
Great benefits like 401K plan, stock options, gym, medical clinic & chidcare facilitiy
Cons
Due to financial crisis, the company has been unable to sustain stability
lack of management in the salon, I was there for 5 years with little advancement. Worked for the company during the transition of CEOs , which was a challenge. Moved on in order to grow.
I love this job because everyday is alwasy a little diffrernt. The managers and staff are nice and helpful. This job, just like any takes training and lots of practice to learn how the company works and all the tools you can use. Once you know what you are doing then it’s fun and challenging. Overall I wpuldnt pick another place to work. Jcpenny has great benefits and programs for its employyes. Don’t forget the assosiate discount you will get!!
Pros
Good Benifits, Easy scheduling. good hours, nice management team
Cons
no paid time off unless you are full time working more than 35 hrs a week
Well maintained infrastructure and well planned project. All the requirements were meet before the deadline. Good place to work.
A typical day at JCPenney varies depending on the day sometimes is slow and other times busy. I usually have the closing shift so I have to keep up with maintaining the floor clean and helping customers with their needs. What I have learned is to be a team player and always put the customer first. Management is really helpful they work with you to make the job smooth. I enjoy my co-workers, we are team players helping each other out with our departments. The hardest part of the job would be that I close by myself the majority of the time. The most enjoyable part of the job is being part of a team and being able to meet new people.
Pros
Co-workers, break, and is a smooth job
Cons
not having the opportunity to grow in the company and not having enough staff
if you work normal 8-5 hours, you'll never get ahead. you need to work 10-12 hours a day to have anyone feel like you're doing a good job.
Pros
great pay
Cons
healthcare, worklife balance
A typical work day at JCP is very energetic. We have lots of fun and we get to interact with not only clientele but customers in the store. We get to build great rapport with the customers that often become clientele. I've learned that a great attitude, no matter how busy or what ever the circumstance will take you a long way. Our management team is awesome. There is no problem that you cant go to them with. My co-workers are easy to get along with and they are respectful of your time and working space. The hardest part of the job would is being able to take breaks due to the volume of clientele in the salon. The most enjoyable part of the job is always getting to satisfy customers and clientele whether it be by making a sale, showing them where something's located or just sharing helpful information.
Pros
benefits, often spreads, great environment
Cons
breaks don't come easy, THe salary for the stylist isn't that great
First of all, JCPenney is a great place to work. There are tons of really awesome people that work there. Lots of talented people that still wonder if tomorrow they will lose their job. This fear just runs rampant though the culture. People putting in lots of time at the office, making more meetings than needed, and making changes to everything just so they have peed on every project. Approvals are glacial, and if you are used to agencies that use technology to track jobs and notify you of projects, well you can just bring yourself back to 1994 because you are gonna be working with email and Excel, sister. (Bring your own abacus.) The top people are always changing and there is no real solid direction. If they would just let the good people do what they do, it would work a lot better, as some of the new higher-ups are just completely incompetent. I hope for all the good people that work there that the higher-ups stop letting people go and let people just do their jobs.
Pros
Great pay, good benefits, wonderful people
Cons
Turbulent environment, nothing can get completed because of top brass
When an online order comes through I retrieve the item, package them acorrding to their shipping status, and ship them out; or get them ready for the customer to pick up, through a process we call binning. If it is a slow day and I have hardly any "picks"/orders, I help on the front end ringing out customers or closing registers; I also help on the floor keeping department cleaned up, and fitting rooms empty and ready the next person to use them. The people that I work with are all very good at their jobs, and we all help each other out when we see someone struggling, even the management. The hardest part of my job is trying to figure out how to fix something when things go wrong, but to me that is also the funnest part.
Pros
Great Environment
Cons
No medical care
The home office environment is full of blame and "fitting the mold". Compensation is fair for this industry. Cafeteria food is great. Starbucks in the building. Ascetically pleasing building and campus. Upward movement is not likely and not spoken of. Job responsibilities are very unclear, and everyone has their hand in the cookie jar. Very difficult to receive credit for work but expected to work and re-work constantly.
Pros
Compensation, Cafeteria food
Cons
Management, Culture
JCPenney is an ecommerce application. It is located in Plano, texas I implemented end to end reporting solution for JCPenney
JCPenney has helped me develop and grow. The company fosters a Warrior Spirt and is a great place to work. Anyone looking for a great place to learn about leadership and partnership will find this is the place to be.
A typical day at work was to call differents states for Credit Card holders whose were running late on their payments and talk to them for immediate resolve.
benefits
Cons
clossing co dec/1995
Offers the opportunity to be creative and innovative and work with front-line employees to executive leadership. Continuous improvement and change management to drive lean cultural change.
This was the best place I've ever worked. JCPenney's corporate office looks like a museum. It's built next to a horse ranch and has a large pond and nice views. They also have a gym, great restaurants, medical facility, coffee bar, etc. Unfortunately, I was laid off after three years. Don't be to sad for me as they gave me a generous package and a recruiter hired by them assisted me in finding a new job. They also encouraged me to reapply after 6 weeks. I really don't understand how they go about their layoffs, but this seems to be a trend every three years or so. I still don't have anything bad to say about them.
Pros
Restaurants, scenary, coffee bar, sick pay, vacation
Cons
I don't work there anymore
The bond and dedication of the employee is what makes being apart of the team worth wild. The co workers are always willing to help one another. I have gained some really great friends along the way that I will cherish for a lifetime.
Pros
Great employee appreciation
Cons
poor management