JCPenney
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from JCPenney:

JCPenney Employee Reviews in Dallas, TX

great work place everyone is very friendly. The employees make sure everyone is ok and if they need help they will not hesitate to help you. I was on a temp
work at this company to answer the phone ans schedule appointments
It started out as a sales job for me; I was allowed input into the set up of the department and displays. Our department manager was a very good leader who respected the staff; the same can be said for the trainers and human recourses management. The hardest part was standing throughout the day; however if I kept busy the days flew by. Anyone who wanted to advance could do so simply by showing up and working hard. This was the best work experience I've ever had.
Pros
Advancement Opportunities; Respect
Cons
N/a
this was an experience of very very much hard work and overnight stays. but they paid off. it was a great place to work
JC Penney is a wonderful place to work at, it is too bad that the store that i work at is closing and i might not have another store to go to
Pros
there have been times that our lunch was free
Cons
the health benefits
My stay at JCPenney was very short but was enjoyfull, job was out sourced to India. I learned how to develope and create web sites.
Pros
free parking
Cons
I was hired as a contractor for JC Penney and immediately felt welcome. I worked amongst a great team of full-time employees including a supervisor who was always open to speak with. This was truly a job I enjoyed going to, unfortunately the budget cuts were unforeseen and my position was also cut.
loved this job ,jcpenny was a enjoyable place to work helping customers out with what they need
Cons
short breaks
I enjoyed my time here, and wish I didn't leave! The hours aren't the best in the world, but when you work for supportive people it makes things a lot better. I would recommend JC Penney and may eventually go back there.
Pros
supportive managers, fun customers
Cons
hours - nights, weekends, holidays, blackout periods
I have been very fortunate to have a long career with this company.My past 10 years in the field have been a wonderful experience that allowed me to train and develop stores and staff.Every day is a new day as a field trainer. Each store and person I interact with is both a learning and sharing experience that has allowed me to grow my skill set and experience.
Pros
ability to flex schedule
Cons
travel
During my time with this JCP has been a positive experience. Before the changes occurred the location that I employees was more family orientated. The possibilities were endless which gave me the opportunity to work hard and show how determined that I was to grow and become a strong positive part of the company. And within 6 months of employment I received two very welcomed promotions. Now needless to say all has changed. Our open door policy is never exercised. My staff has become repellant, assistance from my colleagues are unable required and the job has become overly stressful. Which leads me here. I miss being personal with a company that appreciate there employees and honors their consumers.
Pros
the customers and staff. the joy of having a one on one relationship with both to keep them happy.
Cons
the lack of concern about company issues.
Overall nice place to work. Involved in so many aspects of the business as a designer you learn a lot.
stock stood for long periods hung cloths walked very hot,only temp job
This company takes pride satisfiying customers as well as the employee. there are many ways to move up within the company and the benefits are great! Everyday at this job was fast paced and challenging as well as fun and enjoyable.
Pros
all the cosmetic and beauty products!
Cons
slow sale days
Was a fun place to work but you have no job security. You never know when your last day will be irregardless of how long you have been with the company.
Pros
company events
Cons
job security
I enjoyed every bit of my fourteen years with this company. It was a great place to work for a single person. As a manager I worked many hours but found it rewarding.
Great Training and good advancement opportunities if you are committed and willing to work hard.
Pros
compensation/benefits
Cons
poor work/life balance company
business model is changing rapidly, new concepts everyday
Unless you are desperate, be careful about accepting a job at the new Timber Creek store in Dallas. The management is very unprofessional and totally insensitive to employees. After being part of a team that opened this new store, I was let go after six months without any prior warning. Came in one day and the store manager said he had to cut hours and let me and a few other people go. He had another co-worker in on the meeting, while my department manager (on site at the time) did not even come to the meeting.At times they would not even give you enough hours to cover your benefits! Management would not communicate information to employees; training was very poorly done and there's tremendous theft going on. After six months of opening, I'll be surprised if this store survives. Meanwhile across the street, Kohl's seems to be doing fine.
Cons
poor scheduling, no real team building.
I honestly loved every bit of my part-time experience with the jc penney's family. I was able to learn new things, and not limit myself; I was also given the opportunity to climb the coorporate ladder which is alway a plus in my book.
Pros
excellent learning experience
Cons
lack of hours
JC Penney was a great experience for me. I was able to network, bond with co-workers, and communicate with the customers.