JCPenney
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from JCPenney:

JCPenney Employee Reviews in Hattiesburg, MS

I've been working here for awhile. The store has it's ups and downs. It definitely needs remodeling...registers are outdated, the store is dusty! The store needs more organization to run better!
Hattiesburg Turtle Creek Mall was where I worked. We had fun and worked very hard. Everyone that I worked with when I was there was great. The Store manager and the managers over each department was Awesome!!
Jcpenney was a great place to work. I just wanted a change and more time with my kids. We was like family and when Something happens to someone the whole company comes together
Pros
Great friends
Cons
Work holidays
Much needed upgrading at this job when I was there. The management was horrible and the pay wasn't good at all. Its been a while since working there. Hopefully its better job now
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
under paid
Everyday you have to meet goals by getting credit card applications and getting a certain amount of money. I learned even more about customer service and what it takes to put a smile on their faces. I love working there because we work as a team. The hardest part of the job is getting credit card applications when the store is not busy.
Pros
sometimes free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Working with the people is fun and friendly, but they cut hours all the time and really don't care if you need more money and hours to survive, even if you deserve it.
Pros
They people are super nice
Cons
the scheduling is awful
Working at JCP was a wonderful experience. It was routine from day to day but there was always the welcome change in that routine. Management at my store was excellent and caring. I learned a lot about working with the public while at JCP. The hardest part of this job was not being able to help a customer get the lowest price on a piece of jewelry they had fallen in love with. The best part of this job was being able to watch someone walk out knowing they had gotten exactly what they wanted for a fair price.
Pros
Yearly review raises
Cons
Required to get people to apply for JCP credit cards
Working at JCPenney was a fun experience and I learned a lot. It was my first job out of high school and I was able to move up in the company. I will always have a special respect for this company for taking a chance on me. They allowed me the opportunity to prove myself and grow.
Had a wonderful manager who listened and was concerned and compassionate. I feel that you need to treat other how you want to be treated.
It's definitely not the best place to work in retail. You do a lot of work for little pay. Management does not relay anything to others when you call out for work. I have left notes and only one person reads them and doesn't relay that information to anyone else. I loved my coworkers, that was probably the only thing I enjoyed. The hardest part of the job is dealing with people. It does come with the job, but some people really test you. I would not suggest working the holiday season unless you can tolerate the people you deal with and being away from your family. I worked Thanksgiving night till four in the morning and came back into work that night again. It was not fun at all. I personally think you could find a better retail company to work for, and have better pay and benefits.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
Short breaks, poor management
There is always plenty to do at JC Penney it is never a boring day. I have learned a lot about my self. The people are really cool to work with. I think the easiest thing is working with customers and the hardest thing can be working with customers.
It was a really laid back job. I could do my work at my own pace. Management was always there to help when I needed it.
I worked at Jcpenny's during christmas as seasonal help,so i never had a dull moment at the store. I met all types of people but it was a very good experince I loved it. I learned how to deal with all types of people mean, happy, mad, unsatisfied as well as the satisfied. The hardest part was trying to answer more than one question for more than one person at a time literally. The enjoyable part was satisfying a customer.
Pros
good working enviroment
Cons
getting the customers out at closing time :)
Extremely busy during the holidays. Low pay. Not enough hours.
Pros
busy
Cons
low pay
This job requires hardworkers, but good management supports and breaks. Some times long hours but you are paod based on your work hours. Friendly staff and requires professional customer services skills!
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
Jcpenney is a good place for anyone to work.. They have several departments to work in and good hours.
Pros
long breaks