JCPenney
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from JCPenney:

JCPenney Employee Reviews in Katy, TX

JCpenny is a professional environment where it is clear management is always trying to work in harmony with both part time and full time associates. In a business where customer complaints are often JCpenny does well enough to provide support to its employees during moments of customer conflict. Though the company provides little opportunity for pay raises.
Pros
Consitent hours, professional work environment
Cons
Next to no opportunities for pay raises
Jcpenney is a good job for every high school student it was my first job and gave me a lot of experience within moving up for the company and within that also came a nice pay
Pros
Provides breaks
Cons
High expectations
There is enough gray area where you can be a creative leader in your problem solving efforts. I particularly enjoy the ability to develop my team. It is unfortunate that the sins of past leaders are haunting the company, because the company really has great people.
It’s a pretty relaxed environment for the most part. For what I do, I can work at my own pace except when the days are busy. But I don’t get payed enough. And you have to be careful of what you say or do cause they’re fast to spread the word around.
Jcp was my first job and I enjoyed it for maybe a month and realized it was not all that. The management was not that great and they picked favorites .
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
Pay, management
I was given a chance regardless having a disability. I love all my superiors and coworkers. JC Penny is an awesome place to work and I would love to make this place my career. I was diagnosed with a rare syndrome and they see what I can do instead of what I cannot do. Thank you.
Pros
Great place to work, employee discount, great management
Cons
no accountability for workers
It's a very active job, I had great co-workers. Honestly, I was lucky, I had heard lots of horror stories of past managers and other workers. What makes our breakers this specific job title are those you work with in your department and management. Because the pay is not something you can really settle with.
Before even walking in the store for your work day make sure you look presentable, greet anyone you see, put up all personal items in your locker in the back, put name tag on and check in with a manager after clocking in, get all returns from back and front go to your section start organizing area and fitting rooms assist customers.
Pros
awesome work place great managers and employees
Cons
open holidays
I love the ongoing training, teambuilding workshops and growth opportunities. It was a fun, relaxed and productive work environment. This company is very goal driven. I appreciated the fact they believe in recognizing and rewarding the hard work of their employees.
morning meetings to get the day started filled with exciting company focus. leading a team to meet daily goals was rewarding. expectations of management was inconsistent and lacked team building environment. truly enjoyed helping customers made some really good friends and the associates just want to know that management cares and I TRIED TO BE THAT ROLE MODEL
Great place to work although management and many things need to be adressed within the company. Some parts within the company were very hard to deal with or change.
Pros
Great associate and work crew
Cons
disorganized hours and schedualing
The most enjoyable part of working for JcPenneys is the people. You get to meet and help all of the new customers. I loved working there. Jcpenneys is a great company to work for.
Pros
15% off all of ur purchases
A typical day at work consisted of folding cloths, making sure items were off of the floor and put where they needed to be, and assisting customers if they had any questions or concerns. I learned how to be more customer oriented. I loved the people that I worked with. everyone was so nice and friendly. the hardest part of the job was trying to keep up with the store with little number of employees. the most enjoyable part was seeing what you accomplished during a hard day at work
Pros
Prizes for special events
Cons
Short breaks
Staff were more than helpful at all times and management kept up with the scheduling properly. A good store to work at for both entry level and experienced employees.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
Stay long if closing.
J.C. Penny is a great company with good people. I am looking for full time work and they have nothing at this time. It would be a great company for anyone to work at.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
no full time positions
I was there for 3 years it was compatible with my school schedule.
I do not believe what JCPENNEY is doing anymore, with their business, and their associates.
had alot of fun there as well the managers where very helpful and the associates where so nice and fun there was nothing hard about this job the worse part was cleaning the store but we made it a party
Pros
great people to work for and all the discounts
Cons
nothing
Was a great place to work, friendly associates and managers despite usual work drama. After all the changes the company kind of went downhill cutting hours and all.
Jc Penney can be a great place to work. The company continues to cut jobs, even newer positions that were created for the new transition. There is no job security there. Hundrends of full time employees in positions, not sales associates, have been let go in mass numbers from the corp. office in Plano as well as store level. The stores spend too much payroll hours on constantly changing the prices (mark ups, mark downs, promotions), that there is little left to spend on when the customers are there in the store shopping. There is not enough floor coverge. The customers are walking around looking for help. The one or two employees are in a fitting room hanging up mounds of clothes that don't fit the customers. No one is around to help the customers.
Pros
great work-life balance. good marketing ads, t.v. .e-mail, and print.
Cons
the family insurance is too expensive per paycheck, not enough floor coverage to help customers or support the business.
I work from 4am till 12 pm. I supervise 11 people doing receiving merchandise for a retail store. I enjoyed being a part of the JC Penney replenishment team,we were like a big family and had lots of fun.The management team and I worked together to get the job done in a timely manner,however there were some commucation issues. The hardest part of the job was getting up at 2:30 am. My team was like my family and I enjoyed that
Pros
great benefits
Cons
not unified