JCPenney
Coronavirus update
Information from JCPenney:

JCPenney Employee Reviews in Lincoln, NE

Lincoln, NE18 reviews
Everyone was nice and helpful. They made sure you were trained the correct way and efficiently. Management was amazing and helped with schedules and making sure it was all good.
Horrible management who picked favorites, management itself was very rocky because most of the managers are new. Fun coworkers. The managers and company really only care about credit and if you get applications you instantly matter. If not you are threatened to have your hours cut.
Pros
Good discount
Cons
unprofessional environment
the people there are awesome no matter what you will have a fun good time while helping customers find what they are looking for and themanagers there are great
It was very fun to work there, I had really fun coworkers and the job was always fun. I was new and they took me in and made feel really welcome and showed me the ropes of the job right away.
Videos for training were down not available so could get training finished. Tried again and again and again but was unable to get it to work. Management count get it to work either.
Training material was never available as liable it was down for what I needed and know looked into fixing it no training made it hard to sale appliances and mattresses. People dont want to be told we dont have it have to order it. They could have ordered it themselves at home.
They taught me a lot about customer first and pleasing them. They made sure i new all about the products i helped sale so if anyone had a question i could answer it properly
I have enjoyed working with many great teammates over the years. Fast paced, energized working environment. The team is hard working, and always striving to achieve the very best.
Pros
Always moving
Cons
High turnover
Fun place to work, but they did not pay well. You never got the hours you would be told you would. I would have to trade shifts constantly to see my children. The people were ever changing, but almost always pleasant to work with.
I have never worked somewhere where it is so easy to get along with everyone and managers. The mangers are so easy to talk to and get along with. I've only been there for three months and they are already training me to be a supervisor. They are willing to work with you and to help you get to where you want to be and to help you reach your goals.
Everyday at work is fun to some extent. Some days I get my responsibilities done and have a few conversations with coworkers, who are always fun to talk to. Management is great! they are easy to get along with, and easy to approach. The hardest part of the job is getting fitting rooms done when customers are constantly approaching you to help them out. But the satisfaction I receive from helping them, is probably the best part of the job.
Pros
Discounts and sales
Cons
fitting rooms, and some employees are not reliable
JCP has been through a lot of changes the last 2 years some good and some not so good. They are leveling out and rebuilding the company nicely.
Pros
some what flexible to families and personal needs, making good changes that the customer is wanting and listening to the customers needs.
I was scheduled at 6 am when my availability didn't start til 11. I tried to sort out this problem with management several times and was told it was my problem, not theirs and if I didn't show up for my shift on time I'd be fired.
I move items from the truck, and sort in the stockroom. The merchandise is then placed in it's proper place and presentation on the sales floor. It is a very physical job. I really like the management; although, once they give you your schedule, pretty much every day, they ask you to stay later than you are assigned to.
Pros
I enjoy my co-workers and my supervisor.
Cons
Not enough pay and staff for the work I do, schedules never consistent, every day am asked to stay late which interferes with my daily plans.
I would clock in then I would go in back where the stock room was then I would go pick up the ink tags and hangers. And I would start hanging clothes from the racks. Then I would take a break after so long. I would then go up stairs and start unwrapping the purses and ties.After that I would shrink wrap some pallets and start cleaning my work area up.I would get a lunch in the middle of my shift. I learned how to be fast with the clothes because we had alot of racks. I learned how to be on time not that I was late or any thing. Management was great I loved them.My co-workers were nice and they were great I miss every one. The hardest part of my job was getting all the hangers and putting them on the hanger rack in a timely manner.. I had to put them by size childrens womans mens. The most enjoyable part of my job was listening to music and joking around with my boss while I worked.
Pros
I had great people to work with and it was a fun job
Cons
I had short breaks
it was a nice place to work, decent pay, great people. I might work there again.
Pros
lockers
Cons
short breaks
JC Penny Lincoln, NE Customer Service Associate and Cashier October 2011 – July 2012
• Handled check-out and returns for customers

• Responsible for product maintenance throughout the women’s department

• Provided courteous and friendly service to customers throughout the store

I have enjoyed working for penneys, I wish the advancement and the benefits would be better. Company is family oriented and works with individual schedules.
Pros
family oriented
Cons
pay and benefits