JCPenney
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from JCPenney:

JCPenney Employee Reviews in Lynchburg, VA

The general manger was very rude to me and talked very down on me and not approachable. They really didn’t care what you had to do. They didn’t work with time off request and with your pay or hours.
Pros
Coworkers were very nice to work with
Cons
They definitely put their employees and customers 1st! They were constantly giving us some sort of incentive. I worked here one Christmas just for fun. I absolutely LOVED it!
It was an ok job. Had a few nice and supportive co-workers but there was favoritism between old and newer employees. The older/elder employees weren't all very welcoming. Also most of the managers/assistance managers act like they're there to help but in reality, they do the bare minimum. Pay isn't worth the stress.
JCP has changed so much just in the last few years. The associates do not have the proper tools to work effectively or productively. Registers are old and outdated, equipment is old and outdated. Some of the systems they have in place are just plain ARCHAIC! Online sales could be so much better than what they are but we are losing sales due to customer shave to wait in long linessuch such
It was a great experience working at JCPENNY... I love working with the customers and helping customer find clothes and shoes and etc. When u have happy customers. They will continue to come back
Working at Jcpenney was pretty boring. It was constant work for not that good of pay. The managers were rude and always had an attitude about something. I don't recommend working there especially not for the pay you'll receive.
Set up jewelry, help customers in selection of jewelry. Check out customers from other departments when they come to jewelry counter. Mark down of clearance fine and fashion jewelry. Also set up of handbags, socks and fashion jewelry in the department. Finally answering phone calls from customers.
Pros
Flexibility with hours
Cons
Short breaks
Enjoyed working with my co-workers and store manager. I loved my customers, helping them with their shopping experience was special to me. The work was easy to do.
Pros
Working with a wonderful store manager who listened.
Cons
The Managers aside from the Store Manager.
Awesome management, awesome team. Only left because had to relocate. Learned about diamonds, gemstones, metals and care plans. A typical day is busy and fun.
It's a good job to get you experience but not so much for anything else. The typical day goes from very fast pace one second to beyond slow the next. They push credit applications way to much, almost to the point of them preferring them over keeping the store clean and greeting customers.
Retail is what you make it. Come in with a customer service attitude and you will enjoy your job and your customers. There are a lot of repetitive tasks but no two days are the same. Great job for someone who wants to work weekends and nights.
Pros
Associate Discount
Cons
You work a lot of weekends but that is when you are needed in the retail industry.
The job was pretty nice to me, there was not much that we really needed to do. It was only fast paced around like holidays and weekends but other than that I really loved it. Even thought it was not my dream job,if i had the chance to work there again i wold.
Lynchburg's JCP has a great management! and friendly supervisors. all the employees are friendly as well. its a fun place to work and shop. and customer service is great!
Pros
free lunches sometimes not always!
Cons
health insurance
The break room is every nice, management is not that bad depending on the day. Work is a lot from inventory to folding clothes every time
Pros
people. co workers
Cons
short breaks, managers doesn't listen
I enjoyed working here and I enjoyed the benefits. I learned a lot from being here and it helped me in my career. Also I learned how to be a leader and take control.
Excellent management and fun team work environment. Great atmosphere, peaceful shopping experience for employees and customers. Great family atmosphere. Helping customers find what they needed brought me great joy. Most difficult challenge must be the hard floors.
Pros
hard floors
Cons
great family atmosphere
It was a good work environment. The management was helpful, knowledgeable and kind. However not much job security and not enough pay.
Pros
great management, good work environment
Cons
not enough pay
okay place to work. a lot of regular customers with great personalities. try to appreciate employees with lunches and games.
Pros
try to make it a fun workplace
Cons
bad pay
From the minute I started this job the management and other employees were rude. New people were quitting all the time because of it. They don't want to waste money so they only schedule one or two people in a department at a time, and expect you to handle everything and work so hard only making around minimum wage. The pay is NOT worth the stress. They tell you there's room for advancement when hired but really there isn't. Waste of time and stress.
Pros
Associate discount
Cons
Inconsistent hours, rude management, pay
Good place to work as an college student and gain some experience in retail with the exception that this is not a job where advancement can be achieved.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
Not a career job to advance in
A typical day at work required helping customers find products they seek, keeping the displays clean and organized, running the cash register and closing out the money till at closing. I learned a lot about cash registers and the technology needed to keep track of sales. I only worked there for the holiday season but the people that I worked with were wonderful and helpful. They were extremely understand and patient both with new co-workers like myself and frustrated customers. The hardest part of the job was trying to find a product on backorder. The best part of the job was helping the customers.
Pros
A very nice breakroom.
Cons
No benefits for seasonal employees.