JCPenney
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

JCPenney Employee Reviews in Mount Vernon, IL

Definitely not the best job I’ve ever had. That might be because I’m used to fast pace work. Please do not try and go to a retail job and you’re used to fast pace work your feet will hurt all the time and will spend most the time standing around doing nothing which will drive you crazy. The pay was OK for only working a five hour shift which is all they would let me work being a sales associate. The hours went by so slow. Some of my coworkers were very rude, And thought very highly of themselves. You ask for help and most of the time some people want to help you.But the main take away from this job I would say, is if you cannot Have at least Three or four customers sign up for a JCPenney’s credit card don’t expect to keep your job because they will terminate you in the first month Without even telling you.
Pros
Eh pay
Cons
Less than 30 hours a week, only one 15 minute break, & rude co-workers
Just make sure the store is clean and your life will be easy. They care about there workers and JCPenney will take care of you, the best part is the discounts
I actually really enjoyed my time here. The only reason I left was because I didn't fill out my vacation paperwork so they had to fill out my week visiting my fiancee as unexcused absences. Otherwise, I felt generally encouraged working there and actually enjoyed my job. I told my manager I wanted to learn Jewelry and was allowed a shift the next week to train. Definitely recommend
I graduated from school and choose working in a high traffic salon and had the ability to learn alot from other stylists and develop my own skills. This increased my personal confidence to open my own business and have been on my own for 23 years.
Pros
Working for a large company
Cons
Limited advancement
If its just the customers or new associates coming through the door, I enjoy meeting new people everyday that I work, getting to know them, and having a connecting with everyone that I come into contact with.
Pros
Benefits for full time
Cons
no raises for 3 years