JCPenney
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from JCPenney:

JCPenney Employee Reviews in Newport News, VA

It was a fun work environment. Customers were for the most part amazing. Managers were understanding and helped a lot with any issues I had. Store manager would set up luncheons for holidays and bought birthday cake at the end of the month for employees
Horrible, they pick with you if you don’t do things at they pace, VERY RUDE AND UNPROFESSIONAL. Had a hurricane warning in my area besides going somewhere safe they wanted me to come to work.
Very happy company to work for , your always learning new way to make costumers happy . The managers push you to do you best and be successful in your job
friendly staff, and flexible hours. never a dull moment. love working at JCPenney if your are looking for a Part Time this is the place to be.the holiday are exteremly busy but fun....
The people are great. The job just gets nothing and hours get cut easy. Great for a holiday job to earn extra cash. But other than that not much else.
Worst place to work, Your job is based on others credit reports on top of being treated like nothing.My supervisor was awesome, the others were garbage.Absolutely terrible.None were doing their jobs but found time to lie on me
Cons
Enjoy my time at JC Penney is where highly recommend if you know I would like to work AJC penney's the out going place in high demand friendly people nice customers
Pros
The benefits was good
Cons
Nothing really bad to say About JC penny's
A day at JCPenney would be taking care of customers and cleaning or maybe helping rearrange some areas of the store. Most days are slow to moderate during the week, and most of the time you are rushed on the weekends and holidays.
Pros
work enviorment
Cons
hours and pay
I loved this company and in the past I have worked for some great managers. That makes the big difference here. If they are involved and make sure they are giving constructive feedback, it is wonderful. But if they sit in their office and ignore what's going on out on the floor, it is not good. If you are an engaging sales person and greet your customers with a smile and don't try to hide from them, then this is a great job for you. Also if you like to keep busy, cleaning out fitting rooms and rearranging merchandise...this is a job for you. It will keep you busy and your time will go by fast...but if you stand and complain...go elsewhere....this company needs people who can be part of a solution, not part of the ever growing problem. The company would do well to pay better to maintain more experienced and motivated salespersons. They would see a huge difference and I think that would go along way in turning the company around.
Pros
discount
Cons
only part time hours, no benefits
There was never a dull moment, we had 35 stylist- a million dollar salon so we stayed busy. You had to stay up on your product knowledge so you can advise customers correctly, fellow employees were great to work with.
Pros
Flexibility with my hours, great people to work with, awesome perks
Cons
I only worked part time while I went to school
JCP was good; very high turnover of associates; based on work/life balance. Associates are great, management was average but cohesive; it has changed since then, rearranged positions; Customers are great, pay is average.
Pros
customer service potential and encouragement is great
Cons
Morale can be low, depending on motivation and feeding off of others drama
A typical day at J.C Penney is very good. There is a great work environment with awesome associates willing to help the customers.
Pros
Good environment
I have worked as a part time seasonal worker. Pay is less.but management is good . Its a part time job so u can not see your long term future. I joined Jcpenny for the survival and to have unique experience in retail industry. I think they dont hire anyone for full time basis. They might have budget issues. Except managers all the workers are working here only part time.
Pros
Working with Brand
Cons
Very less pay
just like any other retail job with better people, good managers and its a clean store. I mainly clock in then jump right in to work. Some of my co-workers arent as pleasant as i would like them to be but, thats anywhere you go.
Worked there a short time but I worked with good people. The company encouraged a positive work environment and hard workers.
i loved working at jc penney i wouldnt trade it for the world. i learned so much from that place. it a great aptnosphere and wonmtedful management and caring employees
allowed me to express myself with my style, great co workers didn't care for disrespectful customers, management professional as well as great to work with, and good working environment for both employer as well as employees.
Pros
working with styles and clothes and good people
Cons
low pay
JcPenney offers the chance develop professional and gain an understanding of the inner workings a of retail and costumer service company.
JC Penny, is a great company to work for. Their focus is the customer! I loved working at JC Penny. I worked as a greeter over the holiday season and it was the perfect job for me. I was able to assist customers locate their purchases with ease. I am a friendly person and love to help people so this was a great job for me.
Pros
Managers celebrated their employee's hard work by providing them a special lunch after Christmas.
Cons
long hours standing
The training required to become a better costumer service associate helped me learn what to do and not to do to assist customers
Great Part Time Job Cool employee benefits Easy to advance in position