JCPenney
Coronavirus update
Information from JCPenney:

JCPenney Employee Reviews in Riverside, CA

Riverside, CA34 reviews
They always worked with my schedule because I worked another fulltime job. Management is very friendly and approachable. Very motivated team. I enjoy working there.
Busy days involved always being productive and always moving around. Interesting new work experience. Managers there were nice, but they weren't always around when you needed them only because the workplace was huge.
The work is good but you don't get enough hours to do anything. Also if you don't speak Spanish you don't fit in. Very back stabbing work environment and if your not a favorite you don't get anything you need.
Very competitive environment. Managers and supervisors always try to find shortcuts or a scapegoat for mistakes. If you're a good worker stay away, you will be the carrier of all the slack and get a 10 cent raise...
jcp was my home away from home .. enjoyed going to work everyday ,from working with my coworkers to engaging with the customers .The best part of working at jcp was so family orientated. miss my jcp family
Pros
the holidays dinners, the discounts
Cons
health care, short breaks
Great co-workers and ok environment. If you are good at your work they would expect you to do your co workers job. Merchandise Manager bad under pressure.
It is a great place to work I enjoyed working there I would definitely go back. They gave me extensive training and got me into jewelry and had me certified and trained when I never worked in that line of work before. I highly recommend jcpenney they strongly follow their company's goals
The management was amazing for the first 8 months of me working there. We got new management and stuff started heading south. New manager pretty much kicked all of the old asst. managers out and in with the new and everything felt like a different company.
The work reflected its pay well, the only thing I could complain about is the the early morning hours. 4:30 am is not a time to be at work. Other than that my manger was nice.
Pros
break room massage chair
Cons
early morning hours
I enjoyed the atmosphere of having fellow peers as my co-workers at the time. Sadly it was only a seasonal job. I would recommend working there. They provided benefits.
I found this position a good place to start my career and build clientele . they have a lot of knowledgeable employees to learn from and they provide education. the manager was awesome
jc penny had high expectations for their employees with now reward. expected a certain amount of email applications or hours would be cut. associates can not make a customer sign up for rewards
Would love to work there again.Need part-time job volunteer work does not pay my bills. Enjoy working at the cash register. Nice people to work with. Would prefer afternoon shift.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Work clothes
Quoted prices and discounts as well as credit terms, trade-in allowances, warranties and delivery dates
— Participate/contribute in all management strategic meetings advised.

— Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
not the best place to work if you want a stress free environment, but colleges are nice and welcoming. there are few opportunities for advancement. sephora rewards their associates for working there by giving them free products
During a shift; An employee would review the appointments for their shift, confirm future appointments, mange shipment, answer all incoming calls, assist customers, manages appointments once they have arrived to their scheduled times and editing clients photo session.
It takes dedication and hard work to maintain a job at JCPenney. If you do not enjoy working with others and with the public this will most likely not be the best fit for you.
The most enjoyable part of working at J.C.Penney is working with great co-works and helping customers out.
It was a nice experience to have working in a catalog department. the employees were very friendly.
Pros
paid more
Cons
less hours
Had a good time working there, sure there's drama and such but all in all it's a really good work environment.
Pros
helpful employees
Cons
drama
come in & try to process shipment in 4 hours than go home. promise of more hours are thrown out there and promised weekly but never happens.
7.2K