JCPenney
Coronavirus update
Information from JCPenney:

JCPenney Employee Reviews in San Antonio, TX

San Antonio, TX162 reviews
I loved my job there, but because of covid i never went back and i’ve tried contacting them.. i also didn’t like that i was getting paid less than other workers i have 2 kids and need a fair amount of income
Management plays favorites, customers are constantly entitled and rude and the pay for what we do is unreasonable. Corporate seems to not care whatsoever about their employees mental health and if there are females in a position of power they become power-trippy. Definitely would not recommend anyone work here.
Horrible place to work at . Pay is very low, more like a high school student job. Managers will treat you bad because they see you young. Holidays are the worst.
Coworkers and managers were horrible most stood around talking and not working at all
Didnt get trained on anything new didnt even get a name tag until I was about to quit

Only good thing was the pay but the schedule was always changing and put out last minute

They do not respect anyone and maneger and supervisors always buss you and always you see them on floor to buss another employee, they never respect you in front of customer and they will fire you soon of work if you have more than two complain.
Pros
25% discount for employee
Cons
Less paid with low hours
Management at the store in Rolling Oaks Mall was completely unprofessional and slow. They were insensitive to my work schedule being revolved around my school schedule, and they were often slow to solving problems.
I enjoyed working at JcPenney for numerous reasons starting with the staff. The managers and employees were all very helpful and friendly. I felt like I fit right in & I really liked the environment I was in.
Jc penny was a very nice and clean environment to work in. dedicated management and supervisors. I worked there a short time due to going to school but i enjoyed myself while i was there.
friendly management & employees!
great place to work at ! it’s not really toooo much work! fold clothes and cashier:)

(don’t forget to ask every costumer about applying for a card)
Satisfied. And very content. Swell environment. Love the side of town that particular jc penny was located. Also apart from that, all in all good place.
Jc Penny was a funny place to work and had flexible hours when needed. The people there are super nice and friendly at work and outside of work. I would recommend working here
This is my first job and I hate it. When you first get hired you notice everyone has a little clique INCLUDING THE MANAGERS. Some of my coworkers are great, but one team is always talking mess about the other team. My department is men’s and the women’s team is constantly telling us how slow we are at recovery, including their manager. Management is very poor, the 3 main managers are always in their office doing God knows what. If you need help at the register or with a customer they’ll send someone another person, they do not prioritize their employees. At this job it’s always about making “friends” which is getting people to apply to for the credit card, and staying on budget, like getting out on time no matter what condition the store is in. And for the hours, during seasonal time you’ll get lots of hours, but then one day you’ll be working only once a week or you’re off a week and the next week you work 4 days. It’s never consistenty with this job. The security is always getting us to do their job, I was one time forced to be in an elevator alone with suspicious customers with a duffle bag. I don’t recommend working here at all.
while working there at the start it was easy and nothing really too much on me then black friday and christmas came along and you really had to work and about a third of the time it was customers that were the hardest part to deal with but after all of that the hours got slower and slower and really didnt pick up til and march which was fine for me for the first time but the next year it was not when at one point i was given 2 weeks off in which the weeks before i had only worked small shifts and when i saw that i had to quit and find another job but other than the last few months everything was fine.
Pros
mall has a food court, walk around and not do much somedays, talk to co workers and have fun with them
Cons
closing shifts are longer than needed, some customers are rude, music
Jcpenney is great to its associates with training, advancement, and scheduling. The store managers and district managers are extremely helpful. I recommend jcpenney to everyone.
NA I currently do not work for his company. i am trying to get a job as a loss prevention officer. but i am sure that it would be fun and rewarding to work for JCP.
This is a fun company to work for, the day to day work is pretty easy if you have a knack for customer service. It’s a great place to get customer service and cashier experience.
Career advancement is possible for those with the necessary skill sets, but they move slow because positions have to become available first.
Pros
Fun environment, easy work
Cons
Minimal pay
Cashier, towards the end of the day all of the associates helped clean the store and put clothes together. I learned more about customer service. Management was decent. Not too involved. I liked my co-workers very much. Only part I disliked were the late hours the workers had to stay sometimes left around 12am.
JCPenney was a good employer although some hours were long it did provide me an opportunity to learn different department duties which helped me work with other employees.
During my time there, I've witnessed favoritism, failure to discipline and lack of diversity. While JCP is a good company to work for, I felt no motivation to go above and beyond for the company. I respected only two of the managers there because they were very motivating and focused on teamwork. As for fair pay, not so much. Employees for their first job would make more money than me hourly, while employees who have with the company for years are barely touching 10-11 an hour. I think they should rethink the wages.
Low chance for advancement in the company. Managers are only chosen based upon their age and years they’ve been with the company. Most managers are incapable of successfully doing their job
Busy work environment so the day goes by quick. Great coworkers and work atmosphere was energizing and positive. Good selling and cc app incentives and lots of free food