JCPenney
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from JCPenney:

JCPenney Employee Reviews in Sarasota, FL

Good place to work just not fair wages. They put a heavy work load on you and at times it's overwhelming. Don't like certain people they are backstabbers. So be very careful of some people! :-)
Pros
Good people
Cons
Heavy workload
All of the management is for the people is for their employees. They have a great cashier supervisor it does not make you feel intimidated at all very approachable all of the employees and the customers even are fantastic
Great! Great first job and career! Everyone is nice and it is a chill environment! Hours are flexible and management is fun and easy to work with. I love this job
cool place to start a career and meet people. great place to built skill sets like organizing and designing, or even management, woman can build career doing makeup in sephora if it has one
The whole job was overall awful. Management was awful and only liked you if you kissed their butts. All my coworkers were nice and the main reason i stayed at this job for as long as i did.
Pros
Fun Coworkers, Discount
Cons
Company just laid off a large portion of their LP staff company wide January 2017. Fourth quarter earnings projections where not as high as had been hoped, but JCP did make a profit this year first time since 2012.
Pros
flexiable work shifts and time off requests
Cons
not enough hours, training
Without getting too personal, work experience was not the best. I learned lots of leadership skills as well as communication skills but at the same time, i believe there was an unequal workload distribution to equal paying associate in the same departments. Not the most organized and rather frustrating as well as rude supervisors. Only recognition is given to associates selling credits cards while those maintaing core or standards of clothing, were ignored and even given heavier workload.
Being rounded People,Cashering,OK Management, Some were nice, Not Hard, Being with People
Pros
Had Lunch
Cons
Healthcare IN.
I'm sure each location varies, which explains the differences in reviews, but for me, JCPenney Salon was the most well-managed business I've ever worked for.The benefit plans are great, considering what you pay for them. The compensation plan is excellent as well (hourly vs tiered commission). They are great about providing continuing education and keeping you passionate about your job. They actually give you lunch breaks and require you to take them (unlike many private salons & spas that will book you solid and ignore your biological need to consume food). An added benefit is that you're actually getting paid for the cleaning and towel folding you do (again, unlike many private salons & spas that pay only commission and expect you to clean the establishment, shelve products, and fold towels for free). Monthly performance evaluations are performed as well to help keep you on track and keep your morale up. There are plenty of opportunities for advancement if you work hard and ask to be considered for them. Obviously, promotions are not going to be handed out to those that don't earn them and that's the same no matter where you work.The location I worked at (Westfield Mall in Sarasota, Florida) was full of people that were happy to be there and thoroughly enjoyed working together. Everyone from the retail staff to the store managers were like family. In my 12 years in this business, I've never worked anywhere that has the same team mentality. Many of the women I worked with had been there upwards of 10 years (our nail tech had been there 25).I've spent a lot of time working - more...
Pros
benefits, opportunities for advancement, team environment, friendly coworkers, great managers, continuing education, guaranteed pay
the work there was not too bad, but i did not enjoy the work for it was very slow paced, and was only a seasonal job that required me to pick up the slack of others.
Pros
8 dollars an hour
Cons
poor employee treatment
Always reported to work at least a half hour early, ready to work, on time, for store meetings. Got a long with supervisors and fellow workers.Had good reviews.
Pros
you as an employee had to provide your own lunch, then there's the food court.
Cons
breaks were ok.