JCPenney
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from JCPenney:

JCPenney Employee Reviews in Sedalia, MO

I enjoyed my coworkers as well as my customers. Everyone I worked with was very polite, management included. The pay could have been better, but overall a decent place to work.
Very welcoming , customer friendly , great attitude, great benefits, good discounts, great environment, very responsible, organized neatly, helpful hand
Pros
Beneficial, Associate Discount, Good Job Career
Cons
Preparing and restocking display
This location is not suitable to diversity. When I would wear my head wraps customers would call me names and even come for my job, management would consider this an inconvenience. They made my job harder and would blame me for low scores.
Only downside was no hope for advancement or even full-time (consistent 40) hours. That also created problem with obtaining full time benefits. There was absolutely no overtime. No one was to get more than 32 hrs/WK. My direct lead was amazing. She trained me efficiently and effectively so I felt I was able to have more asst manager opportunities because of her great job at leaving and caring for her associates
It's a great place to work. I enjoy helping customers and answering questions and helping them find exactly what they are looking for. Great Management team
There aren't many things I didn't like about JCPenny's, the people were nice, guests got what they needed and if they didn't we made sure they would come back for a better deal. We got brakes and lunches depending on how much you worked.
Pros
Lived 2 miles away
Cons
Hours were inconsistant
This job is good for teens looking to start off. Mostly flexible with outside schedule. Great coworkers. I loved working here when I first got the job. There was great management and they worked well around my schedule, however there is now new management and my schedule is ignored.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
You would normally come in and be assigned apart of the store to work at for the day. I learned that it doesn't take long at all to learn a store. Management was average, could have been improved. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help the customers to find what they need and seeing the smile on their faces.
I was hired on as a temporary associate for a reticketing project that was a new concept for 2017. This temporary project was very simple and I definitely felt like my 8.25 pay an hour was worth this for this task; however after completion of this project I was hired on to the truck team and this is where things turn sour. The truck team in my store seems to be responsible for a lot of tasks that it shouldn't be. I feel like a lot of our time is wasted following processes that are either developed from habit or store policy. If the procedure is a habitual one whenever you bring up a new idea it's almost frowned upon and the senior employee makes you feel inferior and that makes you never want to bring new ideas to the table. I also think that the company needs to revamp their entire logistics program. They constantly over send merchandise that we have 100's of items for and our store discourages back stock so we have to work it onto the floor. Our shelves look cramped and unorganized which in turn scores low on look and feel surveys. One time we got a truck with 1700 pairs of shoes on it, then a week later we received 1100; and the majority of the pairs were the same style of shoe. Our entire stock room was cramped and we had to just put the like styles of shoes out on the floor on folding tables. People will say this is just retail, but I feel like this is just a poorly managed distribution center. Another thing that irritates me is when I ask superiors for answers and they answer with I don't know. Most of my inquiries are about a schedule change and or new tasks and it is - more...
Pros
great discount
Cons
management lacked answers
Standard retail job with competitive pay. Decent hours weekly. Part time employees generally get 20 to 25 hours a week. Mediocre management, but can be worked with in most cases.
I enjoy working at JCPenny. The people I work with along with my managers are friendly and make working at JCPenny a great experience.
Pros
Free lunch some days
Cons
Short breaks
Working there, being a student and having a family is impossible. Good for single people maybe, but not if you have a family. They demand to much of your time, work you every weekend, no respect for your church life and values, not to mention it's like going to high school all over again. You also have to baby-sit 3 out 4 of the managers because their off gossiping and hurting people. I don't recommend it unless you've got thick skin and have no where else to go.
Pros
The customers
Cons
Pay, co-workers, managers, and gossips.
Great place to work part time during the holiday when you are needing the extra money. Customers and staff are very friendly.
Pros
hh
Cons
ll
Enjoyable place to work. Interesting to be able to help customers not only in men's department but in any other department in the store. Customer service is just part of the job, the way my mother taught me!
Put all the money in the draws , have a meeting , get ready for the customer to come in , help the customer shop , make sure they find what they are looking for and more , cashier when they need me to , if can't find something the customer wants in the store find it on the computer and order it for them , try to get them to get a credit card too , loved my job
Pros
Loved everything about my job
Cons
Not enough hours