JCPenney
Here to help: Coronavirus update
Updated: March 26 2020

JCPenney Employee Reviews in Spring Hill, FL

Spring Hill, FL13 reviews
Very productive and positive work enviroment
Everybody is friendly and helps one another out. Everybody gets their work done and continue to help others if help is needed in different departments. No one is judgmental.
Pros
Good breaks, and good treatment
Cons
Not enough pay, cutting hours
I miss my seasonal job
Great work atmosphere, everyone was helpful and good benifits. You got to learn quick and the company was really helpful. Even though it was seasonal, I would love to go back.
I had a wonderful time working for JCPenney
Of course no one is perfect but I got to work with a great group of people and we all got really close to one another. We were one family, also looking out for each other.
Pros
Fun activities - Parties, celebrations, etc.
Cons
Little pay or little raises, rarely any hours
fast paced company
I really enjoy my job. I interact with many different people and learn something new all the time. I go into work join the morning meeting and then get right to work. I do wish there was more communication between employees and management. I love the people work with.
Wish I had more time working there
Brought in as Seasonal Employee. Training was minimal.

Once you started to understand the process of said job, you were then shadowed in another area by another store leader, etc. Never was in one position long enough.

Learned Warehouse, merchandise stock, merchandise recovery, signage.

Management was kind and professional.

Being seasonal is not enough time to honestly comment further.

Moving from one position to another.

Fellow workers were enjoyable to work with.
Pros
Offered 401-K plan
Cons
Not enough time to train correctly being Seasonal
Great place for first job
My first job into retail and it was an amazing experience. Every time I went to work, it would be an great. Everyone that I worked with treated me with respect and professionalism.
Pros
professional
Cons
nothing
JCPenneys Retail Store
Great percent off for workers, Loved working to help customers find what they are looking for. Also can order out of catalog if needed which is a plus.
Jcp
I really liked working for them. I would still be there but I was making to much money in the shoe department.They forced all of the really good people away from that place and it is really sad. I wasn't the only one they did that either.
Pros
discount
Cons
they don't appreciate their employees
Promising, but unreliable
JCPenney is a friendly workplace environment, I felt welcomed instantly. However, the management team failed to view the salon as a salon business model and modeled it like a retail store. While JCPenney is a retail department store, a salon needs to be run accordingly. The marketing and advertising of the salon was poor, resulting in a low client flow, which continued to decrease in my time with the company. All in all, I don't see JCPenney as a place for a stylist to flourish.
Pros
Friendly staff, leniency of employee freedoms
Cons
miscommunication, lack of knowledge in management, unreasonable expectations
Where they let the customers fill up the drressing rooms...
Customers have no limit on articles of clothing allowed in dressing room, leads to theft and a mess left for the employees.
The rate of pay is ridiculous for the amount of work they pile on.
Pros
25% discount
Cons
short breaks, no hours and little pay
Very goal-driven company
I worked here during seasonal months and learned things relatively quickly. Pretty laid back atmosphere. Always a steady amount of customers. I enjoy busy work so this store (and retail in general) provided that. Good pay and hours for part time. Offered many incentives and commission pay as well. Very clean, well-kept and modern store.
Good employee discount and special discount days throughout the year
Always executing the merchandise strategy. We Replenishes and restocks the store every day. Received and unloaded merchandise from the truck to the backroom. Also responsible for backroom standards. Daily price changes and signage was always occurring. Helping customers receive their “.com” merchandise. Assisting customers at all costs. This is a great job when you have organization Skills, great positive attitude, and Self-Motivation. Adaptability is necessary. Detail Orientation is a high quality to have. I love the idea of being more Initiative.
Great place to work!
Pros
Good prices, and discount for the employee's are great.
Cons
Associates are expected to work very long hours which means no work /life balance
Great workplace.
Amazing customers, staff, and employees. Was always busy. Never a bad day.
7K