JCPenney
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from JCPenney:

JCPenney Employee Reviews in Wichita Falls, TX

All employees were very welcoming and it was easy to get along with most everyone in my department. However, your relationship with management could be difficult to navigate depending on the day, what mood they were in, and how they felt about you specifically. There was a lot of pressure to get credit applications and constantly be assisting customers. The low pay did not always make it worth it.
Pros
A lot of great coworkers
Cons
Low pay, workplace pressure
Training practically on your own, managers act bothered when asked a question. Other than a few favorites management acknowledges, the rest are treated poorly.
Pros
Easy hiring process, good employee discount
Cons
Management not interested in helping the employee improve.
The central manager always stays in her office and is never out on the floor and the assistant managers do the majority of the work on the floor that the manager should be doing. Some of the sales associates talk bad about other associates behind their backs for no reason. Some associates are forced to work in sections such as jewelry or curtains/mattresses with no training and don’t receive the training necessary.
Cons
Poor management
The management is the biggest negative drawback. Most of them have favoritism. They are not flexible with schedules. The pay is okay. It can get boring during slow days. It is often understaffed because employees leave.
Its a great place to work. Great environment ans co workers. You all ways meet new people. If you live to help people and feel like you really make a difference this the place the customer are great
Pros
Great discount
Cons
No overtime
So long ago that I worked there, I really don't remember. Staff was always fun, friendly and relaxed. Lots of opportunity for continual training. Good job
jcpenney is an ok place to work as long as youre not working while the store manager is working, managers expect you to do everything in short period of time while also helping customers
Good for working part time to earn extra money. Hours for part time are mostly nights and weekend which is expected with retail jobs. No issues really with working there.
Pros
Good Part Time Job
Cons
Hours for part time
The title says it all, and she is still there causing problems for other stylists. Going to human resources does not help either. They are best friends. I was practically blind and she had the guts to leave me a threatening voicemail to fire me if I did not resign. I even had medical leave forms. Also, the girl that was supposed to train me, wouldn't be cause she was always in a bad mood. she would ignore me.
Pros
breaks
Cons
everything else
I worked in the salon. The girls were nice to your face but as soon as you left, they talked bad about you, including the manager. The only reason I stayed as long as I did was because of the money. I made good money, but I left every shift hating my job. I was constantly being cursed at by customers and told of all of the things I did wrong. I honestly don't know why they had my position, it wasn't needed and the girls made sure I knew that.
Pros
good money and hours
Cons
terrible staff and customers
Some of the managers are hateful and uncaring but love meeting new people and like the 25% discount love helping people find things that they can't find
Pros
25% discount
Cons
Always changing my hours and cutting my hours
JcPenneys is a fast paced and team oriented environment. Working as a support specialist was fast paced and detail oriented. I made lasting friendships with co workers and value the job experience..
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Lacking in upper mgmt support and low pay
I loved working for this company. The managers were awesome and all the employees helped each other. Management offered interesting and fun incentives for accomplishing certain things. It was never stressful or hostile. Plus management always was positive and gave positive reinforcement. I would recommend this job to everyone.
Pros
Great management and incentives
Cons
The work hours- sometimes certain sales started really early in the morning etc
This company is going down fast and hard. They waste money on stupid projects that don't yield results. For example Sears has gone out and shut down several stores so what does JCP do to get out of debt, spend the money to remodel and put major appliances into 500 stores to pick up that business. If Sears had the business they wouldn't have shut down stores. The company is pushing stores to save money by not wasting water, turning off lights, and not ordering supplies, employees are paid bare minimum, no chance for advancement unless you are buddies with the manager, and no benefits for anyone who isn't a manager. There may be large volume stores in major metro areas that aren't so bad, but the corporate leadership is just running out the clock until they can collect a golden parachute. Just look at the JCP stock price of $8 compared to every competitor with a price of $60 to $100.
Pros
I have made a handful of friends on my team that make work bearable.
Cons
Poor pay, pushy about credit card, no benefits, no chance for advancement
The managers are unkind and quick to cut you down. They hate to work and often blame the support team members about their areas of the store to be unflattering and unorganized. Many of the managers sit in the front office and do nothing and do not take responsibility for managing the sales floor associates. The sales floor associates do nothing and everything revolves around the credit app numbers.
Pros
Nice Co-workers
Cons
Short breaks, Understaffed, Bad Management
At JCPenney, the most enjoyable part of job was being with amazing co-workers. My co-workers were fun and productive, They were fun to be around and to work with! My management was fairly decent. I learned how to properly read visuals. The hardest part of my job was not receiving more than one raise while employed.
Pros
Great Co-workers
Cons
Short Breaks
horrible management racial slurs unfair treatment I learned how to convince customers to apply for the companies credit card,
When I was first hired, the store management team was very professional and great at motivating the staff. They were flexible with my work schedule and I could always do my job well. Change in the store's leadership was not good. I was offered another job opportunity and gave my two weeks notice. That job was not suitable, so I reapplied to JCP. The store manager never called me, but hired others. During my time with JCP, I had received wonderful customer reviews and recognition. Visiting the store now, it seems that long time faithful employees have left and the feel of the store is extremely gloomy.
Pros
They worked with my life's schedule.
Cons
Usual retail.
My day included working with customers via phone and face to face interaction. I learned my communication skills while working at the front desk. Management was cooperative and worked with my schedule for school. The co-workers I had while working here are still some of my good friends today, after 15 years. The hardest part of my job was learning the right way to speak to customers by doing it the wrong way first and being reprimanded. The most enjoyable part of the job was the free time I was allowed to do homework for school.
Pros
freedom while at work
Cons
customer complaints directed at me instead of the floor workers
I enjoyed working for JC Penney’s, there was a lot less stress then other retail job that I have had in the past. The management has encouraged me to stay with the company, and was helped me in every way possible to transfer to another store after my move.
Pros
management is wiling to help when possible
Cons
low pay, healthcare expense, and the lack of hours