JCPenney
Coronavirus update
Information from JCPenney:

JCPenney Employee Reviews for Cashier

Cashier899 reviews
This job was very fast paced. This job teaches you how to work with people. The hardest part of my job for me would be being onmy feet for the long hours.
Good place to work so long as you do not mind working with a bunch of stuck up kids lol. As long as you do your job and are fast paced, you will enjoy working here.
Pros
Flexible schedule, opportunities for growth
Cons
Coworkers are super young, you must keep up with trends
I did not enjoy working here. They work you hard and are understaffed. Management does nit care about its employees. They did have free food when we had to work on holidays. Did not like how we had to work on Thanksgiving. Discount was 25% of which was a pro.
Pros
discount
Cons
management plays favorites
I have been working for jcpenney for the past 3 years and it has only gotten worse. Now that they filed for bankruptcy I see no GOOD future for them. If you're thinking of applying right now DON'T do it. The company won't be lasting for long.
This should not really be a first choice job, especially if your a teenager. Being forced to peddle credit cards before you can even have one is difficult
My experience working at JCPenneys in the Jefferson Mall was crazy once Black Friday and Christmas arrived. Since I knew a lot of the employees, it made the job a way more comfortable experience.
a great place to work mainly for younger people who need a part time job. Management seems to be able to work around schedules with school or a secondary job, but only allows 25 hours or less a week due to government regulation.
Work-life balance
Work-life balance at JCPenney is good i got to see my family and friends as much as I want. It was cool 0lace to work. Great times. Thanks jc penny.
Over all it is a nice place to work. Management is helpful. They are flexible with your schedule. When you need time off they will allow it. Everyone is pretty much helpful.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Working holidays
Work-life balance
They will call and harass you when you call out sick

Will give you attitude for no reason

Overall

No training, attitude given by the manager for no reason, will call you incessantly the day after you call out sick. thrown into the job without proper training.
pay is so bad, customers are meh.. its just a basic retail job, nothing stands out. Really depends what area you work and with who. It isnt that bad, and it was my first job after highschool. I kinda miss it !
The pay here was low, but that is expected when you’re working as a cashier at a retail store. The people I worked with were amazing, some of which I still talk to, to this day.
It is a very welcoming store. Felt like a large family, everyone was always smiling and laughing together. I enjoyed working here because of the positive energy and experience.
Pros
discounts
They have you working by yourself most of the time and when call for back up they don’t come or if you have a problem they don’t come. I would say work there if you have too. The place is cleaned maybe twice a week. Some managers are ok but not all.
People, people, people make it everything! Work hard, play hard.
The bankruptcy couldn't have come at a harder time with the pandemic.

Otherwise, great place to work!

The customers are the best! The associates and supervisors are hard working and doing the jobs of 3 people!

Work hard and thankful for our jobs!
Pros
Customers, co-workers, supervisors.
Cons
All a sign of the times.. we are all in this together...
normal retail mall job , store job, put items out for sell , price , assist customers , do returns and ring up sales , flexible part time work ,good for some extra income.
Many people including myself believed I excelled as a cashier but I was transferred to a different department where my skills were no longer necessary
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Bad scheduling
Good first job. Very flexible. Pay is desent. Great place to work. Managers were nice and helpful. Like working while l in Christmas. Great place to work
good experience. minimum wage. crazy hours. decent managers. no room to move up. Flexible schedule. lenient call in protcol. black friday is pretty chill.
The General manager in the Wilmington store/prices corner is a person you would never want to work for. Stay away. She makes the whole environment feel like she is in charge and you are just a peon. She does not care about the well being of her employees at all.
Pros
Cons
stay away
It’s a great place to work, the environment is very friendly and the the schedule is very flexible with days that you can work and cant work. The managers are great.